Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 46

Chapter 46: Dinner plans cont'd

Micky called U-Know and Xiah to let them know that Jaejoong had made plans for dinner, and they had to get back home immediately to get dressed for the dinner as it was at Samwon Garden. They couldn't just stroll in in whatever they were wearing.

U-Know and Xiah brought Theo and Fifi back home to change, and made plans to meet up at 7.30pm to go to the restaurant together in Micky's car. It was a bit of a tight squeeze as there were 6 of them, and the guys were so tall...

But they all managed to reach Samwon Garden after a bit of a struggle in the car for 20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earlier at 7.30pm...

Jaejoong and I reached the restaurant after a short drive. He helped me out of the car and as promised, passed me my clutches, and helped me walk towards the restaurant.

Samwon Garden was a first-class restaurant. The largest one in Korea, serving up to 1,200 people at a time. It has hosted distinguished guests from different countries because of the excellent food and distinctive Korean character. The decor is reminiscent of an old Korean house. All around the walls there are Korean antiques and everyday articles, while the wooden tables and chairs are made to look like traditional style furniture.

Once we were at the door, we had to take off our shoes, which meant that I didn't have to wear my heel anymore. I slowly sat myself down at the ledge and put down my clutches. By then, Jaejoong had already kneed down in front of me and helped me take my heel off. I smiled embarrassedly, as I was wearing only one heel, and other guests were looking at me. I tried to get myself back up to a standing position. He immediately kicked his own shoes off, and got up to help me get up.

Kiki: Thanks...

He replied with a sunny smile and helped me towards the private room that the waiter was bringing us to.

Once we were seated down, we sat on the floor, in fact I should say that we were kneeling, or rather he was kneeling. Cos my ankle was hurt, I was sitting on the mat with my feet on my side, injured ankle on the top. The waiter passed us the menu and spoke to us in Korean, which I couldn't understand at all, Jaejoong said something to him, and then he exited the room.

Kiki: What did he say?

Jaejoong: He was asking if I'd like to order first.

Kiki: Oh... Then what did you say?

Jaejoong: I said we'll like some tea first while we wait for the rest to come, before we order.

Kiki: I see... Yeah we should wait for the rest first...

I opened the menu to take a look. Everything was in Hangul. I closed the menu and pushed it towards Jaejoong.

Jaejoong: What's wrong? You don't like the food here?

Kiki: Erm no... I don't even know what they serve here... Everything's in Hangul... I can't read Hangul, remember?

Jaejoong smiled and moved himself next to me. He opened the menu and started explaining to me.

Jaejoong: Samwon Garden's specialities include Bulgogi (braised meat with traditional sauce and various seasonal vegetables), Kalbi (roasted ribs) and Naengmyun (cold noodles). What would you like to try tonight?

Kiki: Hmmm...

I thought hard, trying to imagine how each dish looked and tasted like. He leaned nearer and whispered into my ear.

Jaejoong: Bulgogi, Kalbi, Naengmyun, or... me?

I turned and looked at him in surprise. Then I pushed him away, he pretended to fall down onto the mat from my push.

Kiki: Stop playing... We're in the public now... Behave yourself...

Jaejoong let out a musical laughter, and sat himself up straight.

Jaejoong: It's okay... I know what you want...

Kiki: What?

Jaejoong: The last one...

Kiki: Hey... I didn't say anything...

Jaejoong: But I know... Cos I can read your mind...

Kiki: Aish~ I'm not going to respond anymore... You're driving me crazy...

Jaejoong: Nado... Dangsinege banhaetsseumnida... Urin cheonsaengyeonbuniya...

He looked at me and smiled lovingly. I looked at him blurly. Not understanding at all what he just said.

Jaejoong: Ha ha... I meant... Me too... I'm crazy about you... We're a match made in heaven...

Kiki: Wow... That sounds so...

Max: NUNA!!!!!!

Max's voice interupted our conversation. And the noisy and chaotic entrance of our 6 friends totally spoilt the feeling of romance in the room immediately. Yet again...

Max plunked himself next to me and made a whole spew of remarks on my attire. And just as he was going to move closer to me.

Jaejoong: CAREFUL MAX, HER ANKLE IS INJURED!!! DON'T BUMP INTO IT!!!

Immediately everyone's attention went from my attire to my injured ankle.

Fifi: Oh my gosh...

U-Know: How did you injure yourself like that?

Theo: Your ankle looks so swollen...

Max: How long is it going to take for it to heal?

Micky: What did the doctor say?

Xiah: Is it serious?

Their questions came one after another, before I could say anything.

Jaejoong: Guys and gals, if you ask her so many questions at one go, how do you expect her to answer?

Everyone looked down in embarrassment.

Kiki: It's okay guys... I met a drunkard when I was on my way to work, and silly me thought he needed help, and I got injured.

Max: You mean the drunkard attacked you?!!!!

Kiki: Oh no... Oh well... He almost did...

I looked at Jaejoong. He was looking depressed again.

Kiki: But... Jaejoong stopped him... So...

U-Know: What???!!! Jaejoong stopped the drunkard??? How come he's in the picture?

Theo: Yeah... How come he's there???

Fifi: Yeah... We all just saw him rush out of the house suddenly after you left...

Xiah: You mean... He ran off in a rush to go accompany you to work???

Kiki: No...

Micky: Then?

Kiki: He... I was already walking to work when he appeared.

All: HUH???

Jaejoong: I drove there to send her her coffee... That's all... Then I saw the drunkard about to attack her... That's when I came into the picture...

All: OOOOHHHH....

Micky: So it's "HERO" to the rescue... hee hee...

Kiki: Yeah... *giggle embarrassedly* sort of...

Fifi: What do you mean sort of? If he wasn't there, you wouldn't be here with just an injured ankle, okay...

Theo: Yeah... You'd better be thankful to your lifesaver from now on...

Kiki: I know...


There was silence in the room for a moment.

Max: Hey hyungs, let's order already... I'm hungry!!!

Everyone laughed at his timely announcement. And the five guys gathered to ponder over what to order. They spoke fluently and haphazardly in Korean pointing here and there on the menu. Finally they decided on what they wanted and called for the waiter to make their orders.

Fifi and Theo shifted themselves next to me and started grilling me on what had happened earlier.

Fifi: So what's the REAL story?

Kiki: What? That is the REAL story...

Theo: You're hiding something...

Kiki: No I'm not...

Fifi: And what's with the dress?

Theo: Yeah I didn't see it in your cupboard before...

Fifi: Jaejoong bought it for you didn't he?

Kiki: Yeah... he did...

Theo: Wow... what's the occasion... Making everyone dress so formally... And... U-Know said this place is not cheap...

Fifi: Is he going to pop the question tonight after dinner in front of all of us?

Kiki: I don't know... Don't ask me...

U-Know: Gals... what are you talking about? Is there anything you want to add to what we ordered?

Kiki: It's fine... You guys can decide... We're just talking about the restaurant...

Everyone looked at us suspiciously.

Jaejoong: Hey guys and gals, get back to your own seats now... Stop bugging Kiki already...

He got up and walked over and sat down at the seat next to me. I smiled thankfully at him for helping me escape from all the grilling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the all the dishes were served, and we were almost finished dining. Jaejoong got up.
Everyone looked at him when he stood up suddenly.

Jaejoong: Hey guys... I've got something to say...

My heart started to pound like mad.

Jaejoong: I know this may come as a surprise to everyone... But I think for me... I've been waiting too long for this... I hope that and know that all of you will be supportive in what I am going to do...

He got down to his knees and took my hand in his. I looked at him in surprise. And I stopped breathing for a moment.

Jaejoong: Jeorang gyeoronae juseyo...

I remembered from what he said earlier that what he meant was "Would you marry me?"... I didn't expect him to propose again in front of everyone.

Theo: What do you mean? Can you say it in English? Some people don't understand Korean here...

U-Know: Hyung meant... "Would you marry me?" He's asking Kiki to marry him!!!

Fifi & Theo: WHAT???!!!!!

Kiki: Ye... I will...

Jaejoong smiled and leaned towards me and gave me a soft kiss on my lips.

Jaejoong: Sarang hamnida...

He turned and looked at the rest who were still in shock.

Jaejoong: Okay... That's all I wanted to say...

Max: Hyung... Nuna... Erm... No... wait... I have to start calling you hyungsoo-nim... *giggle*

Kiki: Max!!! I told you not to call me that...

Max: I have no choice... Now that you really ARE my hyungsoo-nim... I HAVE to call you hyungsoo-nim... otherwise hyung will come n hit me...

Kiki: MAX!!!! Stop it now or I'll be the one coming over to hit you...

Everyone started laughing.

Jaejoong: Yeah Max... Stop teasing her, or you're going to get it... from both of us... You can still call her nuna if that's what she wants... I don't mind...

Kiki: That's better...

Jaejoong: As long as she lets me call her my yeobo...

Everyone started laughing again.

Kiki: Hey... Jaejoong... You're not making things any better...

Max: Okay... I'll call hyungsoo-nim, Nuna then... If that's what hyungsoo-nim wants...

Kiki: SHIM CHANGMIN!!! YOU'RE GONNA GET IT FROM ME!!!

I tried to get up, but I couldn't cos of my ankle.

Kiki: You're gonna get it when my ankle is better... As for now... Theo and Fifi... Help me get back at him!!!

Fifi: I can't... too lazy to move from my seat...

Kiki: FIFI!!! Okay... Theo... Help me...

Theo: Nah... I'm too tired from all the walking today to move...

Kiki: Aish~... Can't believe you gals...

No comments: