Sunday, December 30, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 50

Chapter 50: The Long Journey to Jeju Island

The girls were all sitting around the dinning table having their breakfast, without the boys in sight.

Fifi: Kiki, it's already been so many months since Jaejoong proposed... How are you going to celebrate your engagement? Are you and Jaejoong planning to have an engagement party? Like those in the Korean drama where you invited all your family and friends?

Theo: Or... Or.... are you going straight to the wedding without the engagement party.

Kiki: I don't know... He hasn't mentioned anything yet... And we're all busy with work... We kinda have no time to plan for anything... And we can't really go public with this... So... I don't know if we should even be having an engagement party at all...

Fifi: (in her own world) Imagine a fairy tale wedding, where you have the cool sea breeze blowing. The place nicely decorated with white roses, the chairs also draped in white satin......... Awww.... How romantic can this get......

Theo: Yeah. I agree. How I wish I can get married now. Then, I will have a church wedding, with everyone of my female guests wearing girly frocks or cocktail dresses, and the guys would dress in suits. How I wish U-know would....

Kiki: Ye... That's a very romantic picture you are painting Fifi... But no girly frocks for me please... And Theo, did I hear wrongly? What do you mean by "How I wish U-know would...."? What would you want U-know to do?

Theo: Erm.... Erm..... Nothing. I think you heard wrongly. I didn't mention his name. I was saying that I could get married too.

Fifi: Oh.... You want to get married too. And who will be groom be?

Kiki: U-know????

Theo: Erm.... Why U-know?

Kiki: Cos I thought I heard you saying his name.

Theo: I think you heard wrongly. I really didn't mention him at all. We are now talking about you Kiki. Not U-know or the rest of the guys. Erm... Why not we go to a resort or some place out of the public's eyes to celebrate your engagement... Since you guys cannot go public on this...

Theo tried to change the topic. She did not want Kiki or Fifi to be probing what happened between U-know and herself. She felt that she was still uncertain about their relationship, and now is still not the right time yet.

Fifi: That's a great idea. How about Jeju Island? I've heard and seen so much about it. Did you watch the show "All In" or the boys PV 'Beautiful Life'? The scenery there is really fantastic. The clear blue sea and the white sandy beaches. Can you guys imagine that view? You know what, it would be great if there are muscular, blonde hair, blue eyes surfer dudes walking around half naked with their surf boards. Awww.....

Theo: FIFI!!!! Can you stop day dreaming about your hunky guys. What's worse is that the guys are not fully clothed. How lecherous can you be.


Fifi: Hey. I know you would also ogle at the guys if you have the chance.


Theo: I won't. I would look at them and appreciate their beauty, and not in a lecherous way, but an artistic point of view.

Fifi: Whatever.


Kiki: Okay, girls.... Let's not get off track.... I'm not sure if it's okay with the guys... We'll need to ask them first... But if you girls want to go to Jeju Island, and are settled on it, we can discuss it with the guys, and see what they say...

Fifi and Theo: Okay.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiki: Hey girls, are you done yet? Everyone is waiting for you all. Hurry up!!!!

Fifi: Okay. Coming. Don't rush me, or else I will forget what I'm supposed to bring. Is Theo done yet?

Theo: Not yet. Why are you guys rushing off to? It's still early.

Kiki was standing at the door, waiting for the girls to get ready, with the bags that the girls had packed for the trip. However, Theo and Fifi kept on running back into the house as they had forgotten to bring something along with them. First, it was Theo who had forgotten to bring her toothbrush. After Theo came back, and Kiki started to open the door, Fifi ran back into the room to get her shampoo. Theo and Fifi never failed to go back into the room or the toilet to get something out with them. The only thing that Kiki could do was to rush the girls and wait patiently for them to pack their stuff at the very last minute.

Kiki: Girls, this is the last time that you can go back into the house to get your stuff. We are already late, and Jaejoong and the guys are waiting for us to gather in the carpark.


Fifi and Theo: Okay, okay. We're almost done. Just give us another 5 minutes.

~Ding Dong~~~~


All the guys were standing outside the Kiki's apartment. They had been waiting for quite a while in the carpark for the girls.

Jaejoong: Jagiya... what's taking you girls so long? We've already been waiting for close to an hour... All of us were really worried.

U-know: Ye... We thought something bad had happened.

Kiki: Anio, kwenchanayo. Theo and Fifi are still packing their bags. So, I have to wait for them until they are done.

Xiah: No wonder. What are the girls planning to bring? They can't possibly bring every single item in the house there right?


Kiki: I don't know what they are trying to bring there. We are only going to stay for a few days, there isn't a need to bring a lot of clothes.

Micky: GIRLS!!! Are you done yet? If we don't hurry, I'm afraid that if we don't set off now, we will miss the ferry and will have can only get there the next day.


Max: Ye... Ppa-li! Ppa-li!


Theo: Okay, Okay. I'm coming. Just one moment.


Fifi: Alright, alright...


Finally, after rushing Fifi and Theo, they are finally done and all ready to set off. The 8 of them squeeze into a mini van that Micky had rented, with Jaejoong as the driver, and Kiki sitting on the passenger seat right beside him.

The guys are making their way from Seoul all the way to Mokpo, and then to take a ferry to Jeju Island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The journey to Jeju island was long and rather monotonous. Hence, the guys decided to play a simple game on the mini van in order to pass time.


Xiah: Hey guys, why don't we divide ourselves into 2 groups. During the trip, we will compete in groups and then the winner will get a prize. This is going to be like the some school camps where we are divided into groups and we can play games. YAY!!!!!


Max: Hyung, do you even know the PURPOSE of this trip? We are not going on a camping trip, you know...

Xiah: Yeah. But, won't it be fun if we could play and celebrate the engagement at the same time? We shall play soccer when we reached there. If we could play on the beach, that would be like the Brazilian soccer. This trip is going to be fun.


Theo: Junsu, we are not going to play soccer the whole time we are there. Max is right, the main purpose is still the engagement and not vacation.


Xiah: BUT..... But.... We are going to be there for quite a while, and the engagement party does not need much preparation right.


U-Know: Okay guys, we can have some fun on the trip, and have the games. But, we can't get too carried away.

Max: So what's the plan. Do you girls have a plan? Like when's the party or when's the free time?


Theo and Fifi looked at each other. They were all confused, as they didn't even think of a proper outline for their trip. The girls thought it would be an free and easy trip. And since the guys were more familiar with Jeju Island than them, they thought that the guys have a clear idea of what's fun on the island. On top of that, the girls did not expect Kiki to plan the trip as this was supposed to be a party that the girls where preparing for her. Kiki and Jaejoong were oblivious about the commotion happening at the back of the mini van as the both of them were concentrating on the road. Jaejoong was concentrating on the road while Kiki was holding on to the map, figuring out which road to take next.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the front...


Kiki was desperately looking at the road signs and double-checking the names on the Korean- English map she had. At a traffic junction, Jaejoong glanced over at her and giggled when he noticed how stressed she looked. He reached his hand over and grabbed her hand. Kiki looked up at him blurly from the big spread of map.


Kiki: Did I point you the wrong way? The road names are so confusing... I have to double-check the Hangul with the name on the Korean-English map I have...


Jaejoong: Don't worry... We're doing just fine...


Kiki: Phew!!! Luckily I drew out the route on the map beforehand... Otherwise I think we'll be sooooo lost now with me as the map-reader... You really should be having one of the guys sit here with you... Like Max or U-Know... I'm not really a good help here...


Jaejoong: There's no way I'm not going to have them sit with me for such a long drive!!!!


Kiki: Wae?


Jaejoong: Max is going to start hitting me if I make any mistakes... And U-Know... Well he's just going to bore me with all his long-winded speeches...


Kiki: Oh....


Jaejoong: I'd much rather have my jagiya sitting me with for such a long drive... Cos just looking at you will keep me awake...


Kiki smiled.


Kiki: Stop being so saccharin sweet to me, you're distracting me from my map-reading... And... my jagiya... pay more attention to the road and not to me... cos... it's green light now...


Kiki giggles and looks back down at her map. Jaejoong smiled and turns his attention back to the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fifi: Erm...... Erm...... We.... we... do not have any plans. We only booked the accommodation and function room for the party. We thought this could be a free and easy trip.....


Theo and Fifi felt really guilty right now. The atmosphere was really awkward.

Theo: Yeah. We are so sorry. I think we could.......


Seeing Theo being in such a difficult position, U-know wanted to do something for Theo.

U-know: It's alright. It's going to be tough for you girls to know exactly where to go since you are unfamiliar with Jeju Island. Since I'm the eldest Hyung and Oppa here, I'll help you guys outline the plan. Let me see. We are going to stay on there for about 5 days 5 nights, and when we reached there, it would be around night time. Hence, I think there is nothing much we can do. So, we can just laze around. For Day 1, we can tour the island. Then on Day 2 and 3, we can have some games just like what Junsu suggested. So, this will leave us with.... about..... erm.... 2 days and 3 nights left. Then the whole morning of Day 4 we can prepare for the party and at night, we will have the party. So, on the last day, we will head back to Seoul. For the tour, I think we could go to the.......


U-know went on and on about the plan as though he was giving a speech. On top of that, he was speaking really quickly. Everyone only listened to the front part of his speech, trying to register what he was saying and then all of them was not paying any attention anymore.


Micky: HYUNG!!! Stop going on and on. Nobody here is able to catch up with you. Why don't you make it simpler? We will follow your brief itinerary and then we can spilt the work on who's going to plan for the day. How's that sounds?


Max: This sounds good to me. At least U-know Hyung's plan is not going to make me all confused.


Xiah: I want to be in charge of the games!!!!! So we can all play soccer on the beach!! YAY!!!!!


Micky: Soccer again?!!!! I don't think anyone's going to play that with you. And I don't think you should come up with the game yourself. You must definitely pair up with someone or else we are not going to let you plan the games at all!!!


Xiah: Araso... Araso... So, who wants to pair up with me? Such an offer does not come easy guys... Hurry up and sign up or you will regret.


All of a sudden, everyone just went all quiet. Nobody really wanted to partner Xiah. Everyone just stared at each other, using their super eye powers to transmit the message that neither of them wanted to do the games with Xiah.


Xiah: Any takers?


The whole vehicle was still very silent. At this moment, Xiah was starting to feel a little embarrassed.


First, Xiah tried to get U-know to pair up with him.


Xiah: Hyung, you want to help me with the games? It would be fun. It's with me!!!


U-know: Erm.... Erm.... I don't think I want to be in-charge of the games. Why not you ask Yoochun, I think he would be glad to do this with you.


U-know (mumbling to himself): I would rather pair up with Theo.


Xiah: Hyung, what did you say?


U-know: Nothing. Did I say anything? I think you heard wrongly.


But, Xiah knew that it was going to be hard to persuade Micky or Max to agree. Now his only hope was Fifi and Theo.


Xiah's thoughts: How nice it would be if Fifi and I did the games together. In this way, both of us can spend more time together. Then, maybe I can tell her how I feel. That would be great.


Xiah: Fifi, you want to join me with the planning of the games? I promised that not every game is going to revolve around soccer.


Fifi: Erm.... Erm.... I don't really want to. I would rather plan for the engagement party. It would be more fun. Mianeyo, Junsu.


Now, Xiah's only hope was Theo. But, this light of the end of the tunnel seemed to flicker and then died down. But, he wanted to try to see if Theo was going to help him with it as he really wanted to plan the games.


Xiah: Theo, how about you? You're now my only hope.


Theo: Mianeyo, Junsu. I'm not THAT interested in games.


Xiah: Alright. Yoochunnie? Can you do the games with me?? PLEASE!!!!!!


Micky: Andwae... I don't think I would want to do that.


Xiah: Please.... Pretty please. If you won't do it with me, nobody is going to do that.


Micky: But, I would rather plan the party too. Why don't ask U-know Hyung? He is more into games and sport. Hyung, I think it would be better that you do it with Junsu.


U-know: Why not Junsu do the games by himself, since no one wanted to pair with him. So, Fifi and Yoochun will do the party. Now, we have Theo and Changmin and me left. Let me see what we can do.... I think the we could plan for the tour on the island. Any violent objections? If not, then this will be our plan for the trip.


All: Nope.


Xiah: Yay!!!! So, I'll start dividing the groups. Kiki, Jaejoong-Hyung, Yunho-Hyung and Theo will be Team A. And the rest of us will be Team B. Then, at the end of the day, the winning team will get a special present from me. How's that?


All: Alright.


Xiah: Since we have nothing to do now... Why don't we play the catch the mouse game? And the punishment will be getting hit by the people sitting right beside them. Girls, do you know how to play the game?


Fifi: Sort of. I've watched you guys playing it on the show "Heroine 6". But, I'm not exactly sure on how to play the game. Why don't you explain it to us?


After Junsu explained the game to the girls, they started playing. The whole van was filled with laughter, with Junsu's "ue kyang kyang" being the most obvious.

No comments: