Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5: My hand

"Jaejoong... What are you doing here?"

I stole a glance at those widened eyes and then looked away.

"..."

"Sorry for breaking my promise... but if there's nothing else... I gotta get back to work now... I'll call for a cab to take you back to the restaurant where you're supposed to meet the rest of the guys..."

"..."

"Bye..."

I released the door and turned my back as it slammed back shut.

If I looked at him anymore, I might not be able to hold back my tears anymore...

When I heard the door slam shut, I turned the lock back, and dashed back up to my workspace...

"Hellooo....hellooo....Kiki!!!!" Fifi was still screaming from my fallen phone.

I took a deep breathe and picked the phone up.

"Hello, Fifi, I'm here. I still got some stuff to finish up, so your guys go ahead without me... I... I didn't... see... Jaejoong... I think you've made a mistake. Enjoy your evening with the guys. Bye..."

I booked a cab for Jaejoong and I sms-ed the cab number to him:
Your cab number is SHA3366. It'll be reaching in 5mins' time. You'd better wait for it at the lobby now. Enjoy the rest of you day-off with the rest of the guys. /Kiki ;-)

*sign*

I guess it's better for him to enjoy the rest of the day with the guys... What's left of it anyway...

As for me, I decided to watch a movie that I've been wanting to watch at the office first before I left, just to make sure that Jaejoong has left the place before I stepped out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two hours of a soppy love story later...

*sob sob sob sob sniff sniff...*

I switched off the machines and looked at the time. 9.30pm.

*grrrrrrrrrrrr*

That was my stomach growling. When I'm watching movies, I kinda get a out-of-the-body experience, so I don't really feel hungry until I'm done. And I haven't really eaten anything since breakfast, cos I had left the restaurant before the food was served earlier the day. So I was really hungry at this time...

*grrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrr*

Gosh so embarrassing... Fortunately there's no one around... Better hurry and lock up and go get myself some food...

So I opened the door and proceeded to lock up the place. Just as I was happily dumping the keys into my bag, I heard footsteps walking towards me from behind. Curious, I turned my head around to see who it was at this time of the day, since people around here didn't work overtime at all.

"Jaejoong!!!???"

My eyes widened with surprise, and I started blabbering like crazy.

"Why are you still here, I thought I've already booked a cab to take you to..."

He stopped right in front of me, his 1.8m frame towering over me, forcing me to tilt me head backwards to look at him.

"Sorry..."

"Huh???"

"Sorry... I shouldn't have treated you like that just now... I was being a total... a total... a total jerk...."

His broody eyes were slightly moist and the way he looked at me with utmost concentration made me feel uneasy. I took a few step backwards so I didn't have to tilt my head so much.

"You better get going, you're so late already. I bet you must be hungry."

*grrrrrrrrr grrrrrrr*

I grabbed by arms around my stomache, in an attempt to hide the embarrassing sound coming out. And looked down embarrassingly.

"Ha ha ha ha ha..."

I looked up and realised that Jaejoong was covering his mouth with his hand when he laughed. Then he noticed that I was looking at him, and he stopped laughing.

"I'm sorry. I'm being such a jerk. Will you ever forgive me?"

And he moved closer, looking at me with watery wide eyes that could parallel that of a puppy begging you to give it a hug.

I swallowed hard. Who wouldn't forgive someone like that???

"Nah it's okay... Just make sure you don't tell anyone about this ok... Or I'll have to "silence" you..."

A cheeky curve formed at the edge of his mouth.

"Okay. You can "silence" me if I tell anyone... But... I think... it'll be an honour to die in your hands..."

I blinked hard a few times, unable to quite come to terms with what he had just said.

*it's time for love... somebody to love...*

"All right I think we'd better go now. My cab is waiting for me downstairs already."

I turned to walk briskly to the lift. When I started walking, I heard Jaejoong start running, and when he was next to me, he grabbed my hand and pulled me along!

Even when we were in the lift, he didn't let go of my hand, and I stared at my hand wrapped inside his hand, and I stole a glance at Jaejoong.

"What's wrong?"

"Eh... nothing..."

I quickly looked back at the lift display panel.

"Level 1"

Jaejoong stepped out of the lift and pulled me along, all the way into the cab.

*it's time for love... somebody to love...*

"...eh...Jaejoong... I need to answer my phone..."

"..Huh... Okay... Answer it, you don't have to ask me for permission..."

"...erm... My hand..."

I looked at my hand wrapped in his and back at him.

"...Oh..."

Finally he let go of my hand.

"Thanks..."

"Hello..."

"Kiki, where the hell is your Jaejoong!!! We've been waiting for him for like 2 hours already... We're already like eaten 10 antipestos while waiting for him. Everyone's so hungry... Xiah's complaining like crazy..."

"Erm... He's on his way now..."

"On his way!!!"

"Yeah..."

"I thought you said you didn't see him like 2 hours ago??!!!"

"Yeah..."

"Then what..."

"...look... its complicated... I'll explain when I see you... ok... bye..."

I looked out of the window when I put down the phone, cos I could feel Jaejoong looking at me all the while when I was answering the call...

2 comments:

tedheads said...

you should just hug jae joong.... that sounds better... maybe i watch too many dramas already.... hahahahah....

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

if hug him so early then no show already...

this is what i call a cliffhanger...

that's why characters like him are very effective in holding viewer/ reader attention...

cos they can't decide...

or make their decisions promptly...

usually the girl makes it for them...

or forces them to decide..

cos they are tooo confusing...

giving so many mixed signals...

very tiring and depressing...