Saturday, January 27, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Tour guides

The next day, we had planned to go to the hotel and wait for them again. But then Fifi was late, so I was left waiting at the lobby alone. I was SMS-ing Fifi about how far she was from reaching.

“What do you think you’re doing here alone?”

I looked up from my handphone. There he was, standing right next to me, staring down at me. It was Jaejoong. I turned around to face him and he squatted down in front of me.

“Well.. Hi Jaejoong, I was just waiting for my friend to arrive… She’s kinda late today… My friend Fifi, you remember her? Where are the rest of the guys?” I replied.

“I see… Yeah I remember her… And you too… The other guys are still getting ready. We’re thinking of going out today to sightsee, etc… It’s our day off…” Jaejoong smiled and replied.

“Oh I see… I didn’t know that… Maybe I should call Fifi and ask her not to rush over then… Since you’re gonna leave soon for your alone time… I think we’d better…” I rattled on, while gathering my things, and getting ready to get up and leave.

“Erm… you know… actually I think it’d be great for you gals to join us, since we’re not exactly clear where we would like to go to. It’ll be great to have you bring us around and be our guides… That’s if you don’t mind.”

“Us as guides??!!! Well… I can call her and ask if she can make it… Cos I’m not sure…”

“It’s okay if you can’t make it, it’s just a random thought… You don’t have to… You know what… just forget I asked…”

I took a look at Jaejoong. He had looked away and seemed surprisingly rather disappointed looking to me at my reply. So I made a decision that Fifi will probably scream at me for.

“Well… Jaejoong, I think we’d love to be your guides for the day! Just let me…”

“REALLY???!!!!!”

“Yeah… just let me call her and inform her of our plans first… I’ll be down here when you’re ready?”

“That’s great! I’ll go get the guys now!”

Then Jaejoong leaned in and gave me a hug, before he trotted towards the lobby.

“Fifi? The guys just asked us to bring them around the city today. Are you free to do it?”

“WHAT???!!!!”

“The guys asked us to bring them around the city today!”

“Oh my God! What did you say?”

“I said yes.”

“WHAT??!!! OH MY GOD!”

“So you coming? Please say that you’re coming… I can’t do it alone! I'll probably die from all the excitement, my heart was already almost exploding when Jaejoong ask me that question...”

“I can’t believe you did that! Of cos I’m coming! I’m on my way, call you when I’m reaching. Bye.”

No comments: