Thursday, September 20, 2007

Destined 遐想 - Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Waiting for you...

Roy stormed out of my hostel and ran down the stairs. His anger and frustration made him run really fast, and the more he thought about what I just said, the more he felt angry, and that made him run even faster.

Roy's thoughts: Why am I so angry with her for asking me to leave? I'm not related to her in anyway, we're not even friends yet... We're mere acquaintances...

His pace started slowing down...

Roy's thoughts: She was nice enough to put me in for the night... But what have I done? I've made her fall sick... And pissed her off... Who am I to judge her for asking me to leave? Why must I be such a jerk to her? When she's been nothing but nice to me?

He stopped at the ground floor of the hostel. Roy turned his head and looked up at Ying's hostel.

Roy's thoughts: And now... The only person who's nice to be and treats me as myself has been driven away by me too...

He felt a pang of guilt hit him. And there was a tugging pain at his heart.

Roy's thoughts: No... I'm not going to let my only "friend" leave me so easily... There must be something I can do to get her back...

His eyes suddenly brightened after some thought, and he dashed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I staggered out of my hostel with a blanket wrapped around me, and using the wall as my support. And when I leaned at the edge of the wall to see where Roy had gone to, I saw him dash out of the hostel block hurriedly.

Ying's thoughts: Maybe I was too harsh...

I shook my head determinedly.

Ying's thoughts: NO~~~ I am NOT!!! He's the one that's harsh to me...

Then I sighed.

Ying's thoughts: What's the point of thinking anyway? I am never going to see him again anyway...

I turned and staggered back into my hostel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Ring ring*

I startled awake from my medicine-induced sleep. It was the doorbell ringing. I struggled to get to the door, with a blanket around me. I looked through the keyhole. There was no one there. I started walking back, thinking it was a wrong press of the doorbell. Just as I almost reached the bed, the bell rang again. This time I walked over and looked through the keyhole again. Nothing again. Annoyed, I opened the door abruptly.

Ying: HEY!!! What do you think you are doing??!!!! STOP....

I paused. When I opened the door, I saw no one outside. But when I looked down, I saw Roy squatting down, trying to push something under my door. I was frankly surprised to see him. He gave an embarrased smile and stood up. When he stood up, he towered over me. I took a step back, as I couldn't comfortably raise my head up to look at him without feeling dizzy.

Roy: Sorry... I just wanted to give you this...

I took the piece of paper from him. Before I could read it, he ran away.

Ying: HEY!!! What are you trying to do!!!

Puzzled, I opened the piece of paper, and read:

Sorry for my disturbing your Silent Night...

To make up for the inconveniences that I've caused you...
I would like to invite you to dinner tomorrow...
Do hope that you will accept my apology and come for the dinner...
I'll be waiting for you at the Square at 6.30pm...
See you there...
If you'll be late, don't worry...
I'll be waiting there till I see you...
Roy

Ying's thoughts: WHAT does he mean by this???!!!

I struggled back into my hostel room, and got back into my bed. As I pulled the blanket over myself. A slight grin appeared on my face. And I went back to sleep.

No comments: