Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 44

Chapter 44: Will you....

Max: Hyung, what are we supposed to do now? You know that I can't cook and you too can't too.

Micky: The only way left is to call the girls back to help us. I think they should be able to cook better since they are girls.

Max: But, what if the girls can't cook too. Then, we will get a scolding from Jaejoong-hyung.

Micky: I think we'll just take things one at a time now... We should go ahead and buy the food from the supermarket first, and while we're on the way, call the rest and let them know what we got ourselves into...

Max: Okay...

Micky and Max entered the lift and left for the supermarket, totally unsure of what's gonna happen next.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, Jaejoong was pushing Kiki back into her room to rest.

Kiki: Joongie...

Jaejoong: Hmmm??

Jaejoong stopped pushing the swivel chair and stooped over to see what Kiki wanted.

Kiki: Are you sure you want to make the rest cook dinner?

Jaejoong smiled and replied firmly.

Jaejoong: Yes. Why?

Kiki: Erm... Just for your information, I hope the rest can cook... Cos Fifi and Theo are hopeless in cooking...

Jaejoong walked over to face Kiki and squatted down in front of her.

Jaejoong: I think they'll be fine... Anyway, I'm not planning on eating whatever they are conjuring up...

Kiki: WHAT?!!!! YOU'RE NOT??!!!!

Jaejoong grinned a cheeky smile.

Kiki: Then why are you commanding them to cook as punishment???

Jaejoong: Well... it may look like cooking is the punishment, but the REAL punishment is having to eat the food that they conjure up... I'm not eating the food they cook... I'll make proper food suitable for human consumption for you and myself... They can enjoy the food they cook... I'm locking them out later... So they can't enter your apartment to get our food...

Kiki looked at Jaejoong in disbelief, not knowing whether to burst out laughing or not.

Jaejoong: Why? You think I am being too harsh on them?

Kiki: Erm... I don't know what to say... But it is a bit harsh... Cos I think they'll most likely end up eating instant cup noodles... Your apartment has that right? Otherwise it'll REALLY be too harsh... Cos they'll go hungry...

Jaejoong: Hmmm.... I don't know if we still have anymore of that...

Kiki: Then you better take some from my cupboard over to your apartment first when they are still not back yet... Don't want them to go hungry...

Kiki nudged Jaejoong to go bring the cup noodles over to his apartment first before the rest came back from grocery shopping.

Jaejoong: Why are you always so considerate? Always thinking of others and not about yourself? Just let them be, they can always order in, or eat out if the food they cook is beyond human consumption...

Kiki: Oh yeah... I forgot... Didn't think of that...

Jaejoong smiled. He reached up and tousled Kiki's hair. Kiki tried to get her hair back to normal after his hand left her head.

Jaejoong: You are such a scatterbrain... Always so blur... hee hee...

Kiki: Yeah I guess I am quite blur...

Jaejoong: So I can push you back to your room now to rest right?

Kiki: Do I HAVE to? I am bored of lying on the bed. Can't sleep anymore... Otherwise I can't sleep later in the night...

Kiki looked at Jaejoong pleadingly.

Jaejoong: Then what do you suggest?

Kiki: Can I... Go to the study? And get some work done?

Kiki made her most pitiful face at Jaejoong, hoping that he would give in to her.

Jaejoong: *sigh* I guess there's no stopping a workaholic from working...

Kiki: Is that a YES?

Jaejoong nodded his head.

Kiki: YIPPEEE!!!!!!

Kiki shouted excitedly, and leaned forward to give Jaejoong a hug.

Kiki: You are the BEST..... erm.... Yeo.... Yeo.. Yeobo??? EVER!!!!

When Jaejoong heard Kiki call him yeobo, his lips curved into a sweet smile, and he put his arms around Kiki to return her hug.

Jaejoong: Yes... I am... And you are the best... the best hyungsoo-nim... the guys can ever have....

Kiki pulled herself away when she heard that, and she tried to manoeuvre herself to the study on her own before Jaejoong could react. But she wasn't fast enough. He caught her chair and pulled her back in front of him.

Jaejoong: Hey... how come you are running away when I am talking to you... I thought you said I was the best yeobo EVER?

Kiki: Yeah I did... But I wanna start on my work now...

Kiki tried to push her chair again.

Jaejoong: Oh no.... you don't....

But Jaejoong placed both his hands on either side of her chair to block her from escaping from the chair. Seeing her escape routes blocked by Jaejoong, Kiki had to sit there obediently to listen to what Jaejoong wanted to say.

Jaejoong looked peculiarly serious, and he was staring straight into Kiki's eyes, and that made Kiki rather uncomfortable. Especially after what he had just said. She fidgeted in her chair uncomfortably.

Jaejoong: I know we haven't exactly been together for a very long time... And we've spent most of that time together, apart... This is a diary I made to record all the times and memories we have together... And I wanna give it to you...

Jaejoong passed a thick diary to Kiki.

Jaejoong: I just want to say that you are the most precious person to me, and you are irreplaceable... No other person can change that fact...

Kiki: Joongie.. I....

Jaejoong: Sshhhhh.... just let me finish what I wanna say first okay? And I'll let you go to your work...

Kiki nodded, and kept quiet.

Jaejoong: From now on, I hope that we will always be together... I want to fill more and more diaries with our memories together... I want us to walk together towards the future, trusting in each other in everything... You are like the light in my life... My precious love...

Jaejoong took her hands in his. Kiki took a deep breath and swallowed hard. Her heart was pounding like crazy, and she was afraid to listen on.

Jaejoong: Sarang hamnida. Jeorang gyeoronae juseyo?

Kiki gave a blur look, cos she only understood the sarang hamnida which meant I love you...

Jaejoong: I meant... I love you... Will you... be mine.... forever?

Jaejoong whisked out a ring and held it before Kiki. She stared at Jaejoong with widened surprise. She didn't expect him to do something like this so suddenly. Especially when they have only been together for such a short time. She didn't know what to say. She just stared at the ring in shock. Soon tears started welling in her eyes, as reality hit her. She was too happy for words.

Jaejoong: Kiki... Why are you crying? If you don't want to, it's okay... I can accept that... You don't have to cry... You're making me all worried and confused now...

Jaejoong reached out his hand to wipe the tears from Kiki's face.

Kiki: Ye... I... will...

Jaejoong stopped in his tracks.

Jaejoong: Huh? What did you say?

Kiki: I said... I will...

Now it was Jaejoong's turn to be overwhelmed. He grabbed Kiki by her shoulders.

Jaejoong: Did you say you will be mine forever?!!!! Did you?!!!

Kiki nodded.

Jaejoong: Oh....Jagi.... you've just made me the most happy man on the whole wide world...

Jaejoong pulled Kiki into his arms and hugged her tightly.

Kiki: Joongie... What's Jagi now? And aren't you forgetting something?

Jaejoong pulled himself away from Kiki and looked at her and smiled.

Jaejoong: Jagi means darling, honey or sweetie...

Kiki: Oh... Yeobo and Jagi are the same...

Kiki looked down at the ring in his hand. And Jaejoong followed her eyes and realised what she meant. He took her hand and slipped the ring into her wedding ring finger. Then he kissed her gently on the hand with the ring, and looked up at her. Kiki was smiling at Jaejoong, and he reached forward to plant a passionate kiss on her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Note: Inspired by the song SHINE...

1 comment:

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

This chapter was started by Tedheads...
And continued by me...

Inspired by the song SHINE... which i was listening to when i was writing e rest of e chapter...

it juz got a life of its own, and it juz occurred this way...

not done purposely...

i am serious...