Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Destined 遐想 - Chapter 12

Chapter 12: A Summer Vacation I

It was really hot this summer.

And we have all decided to go on a short vacation to an inn in the mountains to get away from the heat.

We decided on this small inn in the mountains with natural hot and cold springs where we could escape from the heat.

The entire group was going – Roy and me, Show and Ting, Toro, Wilbur, Milk, Edy, Tianqi, Zax, and of course, Jun and Ning.

I knew that Ning was interested in someone in the group, but I wasn’t sure who it was exactly, and from Ting and my observations, we have narrowed down to Milk and Jun. This vacation was partly our ploy to help identify that person, so that we can try to make them a couple sooner. Now of course, the guys weren’t informed of anything, they just think that it’s a normal vacation with the fellas and galfriends, and that’s exactly what we want them to think it is.

Due to our clever plotting, we managed to fix the seating arrangements in the minibus so that Milk and Jun both had an equal chance of sitting for a long period of time with Ning. They were the drivers on a rotary duty roster, and Ning was supposed to help out with the map whenever they needed help, as well as to keep them awake when driving.

“So how are you feeling today babe?” Milk teased.

“Not too good, it’s so hot now, I hate the heat. Makes me feel angry and more hot-tempered. And what’s more… Breakouts!!!” Ning complained.

Milk grinned and his Bugs Bunny teeth were exposed. His toothy smile always radiated a sense of warmth for Ning. And being around him made her feel safe and secured. He was after all, a streetdancer with a fab bod to complement it. Being the eldest in the group didn’t make him seem out of place, in fact his toothy babyface sometimes made others mistake him as one of the younger ones in the group. And that includes being stopped at clubs and asked for ID.

As for me, Milk, Wilbur and Zax were always a great bunch of mates to hang out with, even though their constant bickering and nonsensical antics meant that most of the work had to be done by me. They kind of stuck around whether I needed help in school. So I’m grateful for that and if anyone of them were to be with my cousins, I’d be the first to applaud and cheer. Well except for the sometimes flirtatious Wilbur… And the wacky Zax… Erm I think Milk’s the best choice in my viewpoint.

Definitely…

I mean if I’m not with Roy I would… no could… no might…might consider Milk…

Or even… never mind…

“I’m sleepy…” Ning complained, and leaned closer to Milk, placing her head on his broad and muscular shoulder for support.

Milk turned and gazed at Ning when the traffic light turned red, and patted her head lightly before turning back to the steering wheel.

“Sleep well my dear lil’ sis…” Milk murmured.

Apparently, Milk and Ning were very close. But there was never a spark of chemistry between them which could turn into something more beautiful. For both of them treated the other as a sibling. For Ning, who never had an elder brother to look up, Milk was the perfect elder brother in flesh. They clicked immediately upon meeting and being the eldest in the group, he was always looking out for Ting and Ning, who happened to be the youngest in the group. It was his paternal instincts being played out.

And naturally, Ning started looking up to him as an elder brother, as well as someone whom she can share her secrets with, especially those that involve the male species. Since it is innate character to go to someone from the opposite sex, when you have questions about them, instead of turning to someone from the same sex (that’s me, or her sis). So Milk knows of Ning’s interest in someone in the group too, but not enough to know who it is yet.

No comments: