Monday, July 2, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 40

Chapter 40: OUCH!!!!


Fifi and Xiah were shocked at what had happened. Neither of them expected this to happen. Fifi stared at Xiah in surprise. Fifi's face was like a tomato. Xiah, too, was feeling very embarrassed. Both their heart beat was so loud.

Xiah placed his hands on the ground, using all his strength, he tried to push himself up.

However, his hands felt wobbly and he fell back. Once again, their lips met. But, this time, it was painful. Their teeth knocked onto each other's teeth and it gave out a really loud 'bang' sound.

Fifi: OUCH!!!!!

Fifi place her hands on Xiah's shoulder. She used all her might to push him up. Xiah too tried to get up. Finally, Xiah managed to get up and he sat on the grass patch beside Fifi, who was still lying on the ground.

Xiah: Mianeyo.

Xiah stretched out his hands. Fifi grabbed his hands and Xiah pulled her up from the ground.


Fifi: It's..... It's.... alright...... I'm.... I'm.... the one who pulled you down with me. So, by right, I should be the one apologizing


Xiah and Fifi both felt really awkward. They did not know what to do or what to say. They both stole a few glance at each other, and they looked at else where. This continued for almost 10 minutes. Someone had to break the ice.

Xiah: Fifi.... Your hair.....

Fifi: Huh? What's wrong with my hair? I don't get it.

Fifi's hair had some grass in it.

Xiah moved closer towards Fifi. As he inched nearer to Fifi, Fifi's heart started to pound faster. Fifi wanted to move away, but she could not. Her whole body seemed to be stuck tightly to the ground.

Fifi's thought: What's Xiah going to do? Is he going to kiss me again? Ahhh... What am I going to do? I can't seem to move. And why is my heart beating so fast? This is bad.


Xiah stretched his hands, and helped Fifi to remove the grass which was in her hair. Fifi was relieved that Xiah only wanted to remove the grass, and that was it.

Fifi: Kamsa hamnida.

Xiah: You're welcomed.

Then again, Xiah moved nearer to Fifi. He planted a kiss on her cheeks. Fifi was rather surprised by his action. The kiss was so sudden and Fifi did not anticipate it.

Xiah: That was for you being so polite to me. And.... so gentle.......


Fifi: Huh?

Fifi was still in the state of shock. Her mind could not register anything new or could it figure out what was going on.

Xiah: Never mind.

Xiah's thought: It's really amazing to see how she react to different situation. I wonder what is going on in her mind. I thought she will scream at me again, but the confused look on her face made her look so cute.

Xiah got up, and went to take the soccer ball. He, then threw the ball at Fifi's direction.

Xiah: Come on, Fifi! Let's have a game of soccer.

Fifi was still in a daze. She did not see the ball coming in her direction. The ball hit Fifi's head.

Fifi: OUCH!!!

Xiah immediately ran towards Fifi to find out if she was alright. He sat down beside her.

Xiah: FIFI!!!! Are you alright?? Mianeyo.... I really didn't mean to hit you.....

Xiah was frantically rubbing Fifi's head.

Fifi: KIM JUNSU!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO????


Xiah: Joesong hamnida....... I really didn't mean it...... Does it still hurt?


Xiah was feeling really guilty.

Fifi: What do you think? Why don't you try it yourself? I wonder if I'm going to be stupid because of this incident.

Xiah:Joe.... Don't be angry anymore. Tell me what can I do to make you feel better?

Fifi was rather amazed by Xiah's look. He looked so worried and guilty. Fifi started to laugh as she saw Xiah's expression.

This time, it was Xiah who was feeling so confused. He wondered why was Fifi laughing despite being hit by a ball.

Xiah: Fifi? Are you really alright? I think the ball really made you a little cranky. I think we should go to the doctor now.



Fifi: I'm really fine. It's just that your expression looks so funny. I couldn't help but laugh.

Xiah was rather more relieved than angry with Fifi. At least that hit on her did not cause Fifi to any harm.

Xiah: I'm so glad that you're fine. Are you really fine? I think it's better that I accompany you to see a doctor.



Fifi: I'm really fine. Didn't you want to play soccer? Come on, let's go.



Fifi got up and started to kick the ball around.

Fifi: If you can't get the ball from me, I'm not going to play soccer with you anymore.

Xiah immediately jumped up and started chasing Fifi.

Xiah: You can never win me in soccer. I'm going to get you Fifi.

Fifi: Don't underestimate me.........

Fifi tried to run as fast as she could away from Xiah. However, within a few steps, Xiah manged to catch up with Fifi.

Xiah grabbed Fifi by her arm and pulled her to face him.

Fifi: Why is it that you always managed to catch up with me? Argh..... This is not fair. I bet you cheated.

Xiah: I didn't cheat. I was previously in the school soccer and basketball team. So, there's no way you can outrun me.

Fifi was not willing to admit her defeat yet. She did not believe that Xiah could catch up with her no matter how far away she was.

Fifi: I don't believe it.

Xiah: Why don't I let you run for a distance first, then I'll start catching up with you. If I managed to catch up with you, that means I'm fast, and you have to admit it.

Fifi: Ok. This time, I won't lose.

Xiah and Fifi had a great time playing soccer at the park. They chased each other around, but Xiah always managed to catch up with Fifi no matter how many times Xiah allowed Fifi to start first. After a while, both of them were tired. They found a bench facing the pond and sat down there to rest.

Xiah: Fifi, do you want a drink? I'll go get some.

Fifi was still panting from all that running earlier on.

Fifi: Okay.

Xiah went to buy some drinks, leaving Fifi all alone, sitting at the bench as she enjoyed the scenery.

Fifi's thought: Now that Xiah's not here, my heart stop beating so fast. What does that really mean? Does it mean that I'm really falling for him? Argh.... I'm getting all confused. Do I like the Xiah Junsu or Kim Junsu? I really don't understand this. I thought Xiah was just the idol that was hanging on my wall in my bedroom. Now, the real Xiah is just standing right in front of me, spending time with me, and doing things just for me. Am I really dreaming? Would I just wake up and find that this is all a dream? And... And... was it true that Xiah kiss me just now.... This is making me so confused.....

Fifi was so deep in her thoughts that she did not notice that Xiah came back.

Xiah: Fifi, here's your drink.

Fifi did not respond to Xiah. She was still in a daze, that she did not even hear Xiah calling her.

Xiah: FIFI!!!!!

Xiah screamed louder to bring Fifi back to reality.

Fifi: Huh??

Xiah: Here's your drink.

Xiah handed the drink to Fifi.

Fifi: Thanks.

Xiah: What are you thinking about? You seemed to be so deep in thought.

Fifi: Nothing. I'm.... I'm... erm... yeah... I'm just enjoying the scenery. Don't you think that it's so beautiful.

Xiah: Yeah. How I wish I could just sit here all day long and enjoy it. With my busy schedule, I don't get to enjoy such luxury. I think it would be best that I can enjoy it with that special girl.

Fifi: Special girl huh?

Fifi's thought: What does he mean by that 'special girl'? Does it mean that he wants to enjoy it with me? Nah, I don't think so. Maybe, he's just hinting to me that I'm not the special girl. And, that kiss doesn't mean anything. I shouldn't read too much into his actions or words.

Xiah: Yeah. That destined girl that I should be with. How I wish that girl would be....

Fifi: Shhhh.... Don't talk too much, and spoil the atmosphere. We should just enjoy the breeze and the scenery.

Fifi was afraid to hear that the 'special girl' or rather 'destined girl' was someone else and not her. She did not want to hear anymore from Xiah. Thus, she decided that the both of them should just enjoy the moment of silence.

Xiah's thought: Why did she stop me? I was about to tell her that the special girl was her, and I wish I could enjoy every moment of my life with her. I must tell her, or I won't get a chance to.

Xiah: Fifi, I....

Fifi: Shhh.... Just enjoy this moment of silence. You don't get this so often.

Xiah's thought: Sigh. Why did she has to do that? Maybe, I should find another time to tell her this. No matter what, I'm going to tell her how I feel, or else I'll regret this for my life.

Both Xiah and Fifi sat at the bench and enjoyed the silence together.

After a while, Fifi fell asleep. Fifi's head was facing downwards.

Xiah wondered why was Fifi looking at the ground for. He got up from the bench and squat down. He, then realised that Fifi was sleeping again. He got back to the bench and placed Fifi's head on his shoulders to rest on.

No comments: