Friday, July 27, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 43

Chapter 43: Let's Catch the Thief!!!!

Max and Micky reached the house. When they wanted to enter the house, they heard some noises coming from Kiki's apartment. They knew that it could not be Theo who was in there as she was still out with U-know. It also could not be Fifi as Xiah took her out, and they would not come back so soon. And Kiki was out working.

Max: Hyung, did you hear noises coming from Nuna's apartment?

Micky: Yeah, I did. And I don't think there would be anyone home at this moment. All of them has gone out. It also could not be Jaejoong-hyung as I don't think he has the keys.

Max: You want to find out who's that? I think it may be a thief inside the house.

Micky: Okay. But, we must be prepared first. We shall go back and take some baseball bat, in case the thief is armed.

Max and Micky went back to their apartment. Micky started to find searched the whole house for some baseball bat, but could not find any.

Micky: Max, I don't think we have baseball bats in the house. The only thing I can find is Xiah's soccer ball and Jaejoong's dumbbells. I don't think any of us in the house play baseball. I think we have to find something else.

Max: HYUNG!!!!!!

Micky: Sorry. It slip my mind that no one in the house plays baseball.

Max: Never mind. I think we could get the brooms. It should be safe enough to protect ourselves.

Micky: Alright.

Max and Micky grabbed those broomsticks as weapon and headed to Kiki's house. Micky grabbed the thickest broomstick. The both of them stood outside Kiki's apartment door anxiously, each not knowing what to do.

Micky: Max, why don't you press the doorbell? Then, once you pressed it, we will move to the side of the door so the thief can't see us. How about that?

Max: But, Hyung, why don't you press the doorbell? I don't want to press it.

Micky: You are taller and you have longer legs, so you can run faster. Quick Max, go and press the bell, I'll hide at the side first.

Micky pushed Max to right in front of the door bell and stood at the side of the door. Max gave Micky a "I don't want to do it" look. But, Micky just shot back a stern look, hinting to Max that he should do it.

Max(mumbled to himself) : Am I supposed to do this dirty job. This is so unfair.

Max did not have a choice, all he could do was to press the doorbell and run to the side of the door. Max counted silently in his heart, and pressed the doorbell at the count of three. Then, he quickly moved to stand beside Micky.

The door openly slowly. Micky and Max were waiting patiently for the 'thief' to appear. A guy started to walk out of the apartment. Micky gave Max a sign and both of them started to hit the guy with all their might.

Jaejoong: OUCH!!!!!! WHO'S THAT? STOP IT!!!! HELP!!!! STOP HITTING ME!!!!!

Both Micky and Max did not know that it was Jaejoong as Jaejoong's hands were covering his head and could not see who his attacker was. The continuous hitting of the broom on Jaejoong made it even harder for him to retaliate.

Micky: MAX!!!! Don't stop hitting that thief!!! I'll call the police while you hit him.

Max: Hyung!!! I can't handle this myself. If we continue to hit him, I'm afraid that he will die in our hands. I don't want to be a murderer. Hyung, why don't you hit him while I call the police.

Micky: How can you defy your Hyung, huh?

From the short conversation going go between Micky and Max, Jaejoong immediately recognised the voices.

Jaejoong: MAX!!! MICKY!!!! IT'S ME, JAEJOONG-HYUNG!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!

When both Micky and Max heard the word 'Jaejoong-hyung', both of them stopped hitting him, and dropped the broomstick on the ground. Jaejoong started to lift his head up. The guys were shocked to see that the person who they were hitting was Jaejoong. Both Micky and Max felt really guilty, but at the same time embarrassed.

Micky: Hyung, mianeyo. We did not know it was you. We thought that Kiki's apartment was broken into.

Max: Yeah, Hyung. We really didn't know it was you. If it was you, we won't hit you. Honestly, we thought that it was a burglar. Hyung, mianeyo.

Seeing that both Micky and Max were so apologetic and guilty, Jaejoong felt bad too. Micky and Max were just being concerned and there was no reason why he should blame them for hitting them.

Jaejoong: Alright, I'll forgive you. But....

Before Jaejoong could finish his sentence, Kiki heard the commotion going on outside the house and came out on her swivel chair as she shouted for Jaejoong.

Kiki: Joongie!! What's happening? Why do I heard you screaming?

Jaejoong: Kiki!!! Why did you come out? Didn't I tell you to stay and rest on the bed?

Kiki: Joongie, I was worried. I thought I heard you screaming for help, so I came out. Are you really alright?

Jaejoong: I'm really alright, yeobo. You don't have to worry about me. It worries me even more when you come out of the room with your injured ankle. You don't want me to worry right.

At this point, Micky and Max were a little embarrassed when they heard the conversation going on between Jaejoong and Kiki. Goosebumps were all over their body. Kiki and Jaejoong were so engrossed in their own world that they had forgotten that Micky and Max were still around.

Both Micky and Max stepped aside and discussed which one of them should interrupt to stop this pair of lovebirds from their sweet talk.

Kiki: Joongie, I was just worried. I was so worried when you screamed for help. I thought there was something bad happening. I just need to find out.

Jaejoong: I know you are worried. But don't forget something, I'm Youngwoong Jaejoong. I'm the Hero, so nothing can happen to me.

Micky and Max: HYUNG!!!! HYUNG-SOO NIM!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!

Micky and Max screamed with all of their might.

Kiki was totally clueless by the words that Micky and Max used. But, Jaejoong knew exactly what the 2 cheeky guys were saying, and he started to giggle. Micky and Max thought that Kiki would be rather embarrassed and angry at the same time when they called her Hyung-soo nim, but her reaction was that of the opposite.

Kiki: Huh? What's Hyung-soo nim? What's that? Or rather who's that?

Seeing that blur expression on Kiki's face, Jaejoong could not take it anymore. He laughed really hard, and the rest follow suit. Kiki was still unable to understand what was going on here. She did not know why the guys were laughing too.

Kiki: Hey, what are you laughing at? What's so funny? Can someone like tell me what's going on? And don't keep me in suspense.... I hate it when people do that...

Max: Nuna, you really don't know the meaning of Hyung-soo nim.

Kiki: Yes, I really don't know. So, if there's any kind soul here, can that person please tell me the meaning...

Micky: Do you really want to know the meaning? No regrets?

Kiki: Ne.

Micky: I don't think I can tell you. I'm afraid that I would start laughing again and can't stop. Why don't you ask Hyung to tell you?

Kiki: Joongie-ah, what's the meaning of Hyung-soo nim?

Jaejoong: It... means... hahahaha.... the.... girl.... friend..... or... rather... the wife of a Hyung.

Jaejoong was trying to control his laughter as he explained the meaning to Kiki.

Kiki started to blush as she heard the actual meaning of the word.

Kiki: WHAT!!!!!! I don't want to be called that.

Jaejoong stopped laughing, as he was a little disappointed that Kiki did not like the name that Micky and Max gave.

Jaejoong: Why don't you like that? Don't you want to be my girlfriend? Or... my wife?

Kiki: It's just sound so old.... And who said that I was going to marry you...

Jaejoong: Ok....

Max: It doesn't sound that old. I'd rather call you Hyung-soo nim than Nuna. I think it suits you better.

Micky: I think so too.

Kiki's face was turning as red as a tomato as the guys went on teasing her about calling her 'Hyung-soo nim'.

Jaejoong: Stop it guys.... Don't you see that she's already turning all red?

Max: Okay. Okay.

Kiki: Max, Micky, where are the rest of the guys? I thought you went out with them?

Micky: Why don't we go inside the house first. I don't want to be standing at the door, and discussing the whereabouts of our 4 friends...

All of them went inside the house and sat at the sofa.

Max: Xiah-hyung and Fifi went MIA again, we don't know where they went too. As for U-know-hyung and Theo, they were taking a long time at the Neoprint shop, so the both of us 'escaped' back first.

Kiki: These people really know how to enjoy themselves. I didn't know they were already THAT fast in their relationship.

Jaejoong: Yeobo, I think it's better for you to go back to your room and rest.

Kiki: But.... I've been resting the entire day... I think I've had enough rest already...

Jaejoong: No buts... it was doctor's orders for you to rest in bed and not move around so much, remember?

Kiki: Okay....

Jaejoong: Oh yeah. Max, Micky, could you do go to the supermarket and buy some food to cook for dinner? For your punishment for injuring your Hyung, you're going to prepare dinner tonight. No cheating. You guys have to cook everything yourself.

Micky: Hyung, can we don't do it? You know that we can't cook.

Max: Ne, Hyung. I think it's better that we buy rather than have us to cook it. Cos you know we're going to waste the food and no one's gonna eat it anyway...

Jaejoong: You can get help from the girls. I think they should already be on the way back. Remember, you are NOT allowed to buy dinner.

After Jaejoong finished his sentence, he pushed Kiki, who was on the swivel chair back to her room and rest. Kiki turned and looked at Micky and Max in pity. They looked at her and gave a pleading look, and stared at each other in disbelief. Both Max and Micky were left with no choice but to prepare dinner. Unless Kiki could do something to dissuade Jaejoong from forcing them to do it.

No comments: