Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 42

Chapter 42: Where Did the Rest Go?


Theo and U-know were still happily taking neoprints, and having a time of their life.

*Beep~~~~~*

U-know: I've got a new message. Let me see who's that.

Hyung, Max and I are going back first. We don't really want to be light bulbs lighting the path for you and Theo. Hahahah... Have a good time with Theo, but you must remember to bring her back to Kiki's place at night. Hahahah....

Theo: Who's that? Is it your manager asking you to go back to the office?

U-know did not know how to reply Theo. He could not show her the message. The expression on U-know face was that he looked as though he was hiding something from Theo.

U-know: Erm.... Erm.....

Theo: Why are you stammering? What's the matter?

Theo really want to know what was the message. She was dying to know.

U-know's thought: I better delete the message first before Theo wants to see it.

Theo went up to U-know. She tried to peep at U-know's message. But, before she could do that, U-know spotted her.


U-know: Hey, Theo. What are you trying to do? Don't you know it's rude to peep?

Theo: I'm sorry.

Theo looked at U-know with her most guilty look. However, deep inside her heart, she did not feel guilty at all. Instead, she wanted to look at the message very much. This time, she attempted to take over the phone from U-know, and she knew that she must not fail.

Seeing that Theo was feeling rather guilty, U-know too felt a little guilty. Theo saw that U-know was not paying much attention to her, she crept beside U-know quietly and grabbed his phone. She started to read the message aloud.

Theo:Hyung, Max and I are going back first.....

Before Theo could read the part where Micky teased U-know about Theo, U-know tried to get the phone back.

U-know: Theo, give it back to me!!!!


Theo: Nope. What's so secretive about the message that Micky sent? If you're not going to tell me, I'll have to find it out by myself.

Theo was about to read the message again, but this time, U-know was not going to let it be easy. U-know grabbed Theo's hands, which she was holding the phone, to prevent her from reading the message.

Theo was not going to let U-know have his way that easily. With the other free hand, Theo tried to tickle U-know. And, this method worked. U-know released his grip, and Theo managed to run free.


Theo was waving the phone in the air.

Theo: HA... HA.... HA.... If you can catch me, I'll return the phone to you... If not, I'll have to read the message.

After Theo finished her sentence, she ran away from U-know, hoping to see what Micky sent to U-know.

U-know: THEO!!!!! You can't run that fast......

Theo turned back, facing U-know, and she stuck out her tongue. Theo headed towards the exit of the shop and out into the streets.

U-know started to give chase. After chasing Theo for a while, both of them reached a back alley. There was a dead end and Theo was running towards that direction. Theo did not see that there was a dead end as she was too engross in turning back to check if U-know was catching up with her and did not bother what was in front.

U-know's thought: HAHAHA... There's a dead end there, this time Theo can't run anywhere.

U-know slowed down his pace, and started strolling as Theo was running.

U-know: Theo..... If you can run, you better run as fast as you could, I'm going to catch you no matter where you are.

Theo saw that U-know was slowing down, she wondered why he did not chase after her. Upon seeing that U-know slowed down, she stopped for a moment, and looked to the front. What Theo saw was a dead end. Now, Theo began to understand why U-know slowed down.

Theo's thought: Argh.... Now I know why U-know slowed down. What am I going to do now? I can't possibly climb over the wall to escape. Ah... I know what. I can read the message before U-know catch me. He can't possibly catch up so quickly.

Theo was about to read the message when U-know caught up with her.

U-know: Theo, you have no where to run. You better hand me back the phone, or else.....

Theo: What if I don't hand it back to you? I want to read your message and that's it. You can't do anything to me.

Theo started to bring the phone nearer to her face. But, U-know went up to Theo and cornered her. He grabbed her hand, which was holding the phone, and then he placed Theo's hand on the wall. The distance between U-know and Theo's face was really close. Both of them could feel each other's breadth on their face. Theo's heartbeat was so fast, and her face was turning as red as a tomato.

Theo began to feel rather uncomfortable with U-know's face so close to hers. Both of them stared at each other and then looked away.

U-know's thought: This is really getting very awkward. I must think of a way to get out of this situation.

U-know began to released his grip around Theo's hand.

Theo's thought: I better return the phone back to U-know, since he has already released his hands on me. This is getting from bad to worse. I should not have snatch away U-know's phone from him. Now, I've gotten myself in this situation. Ahhh....

Theo returned the phone back to U-know.

U-know: Thank you.

After U-know's last words of 'thank you', the both of them stood there in silence. None of them knew what to say or do. They stole a quick glance at each other and then shifted their gaze back to somewhere else.


U-know's thought: Oh no!!! What am I supposed to do now? We can't stand here for the whole day. This is not going to work. I must think of something to break the silence. Quick, U-know. Quick think of something..... Ah..... I know. We were supposed to go cycling. I can suggest that we continue our itinerary even though those 2 rascals took off without us.

U-know: Theo.... Do you... want to go to the park and cycle?

Theo's thought: Cycle. That's a good idea. At least, we don't have to stand here all day is awkward silence.

Theo: Okay.

U-know: But, there's one thing that you need to know. Micky and Max won't be joining us. They were tired of waiting for us, so they went back home. So.... Do you still want to go cycling?

Theo: Why not? The weather's good. Why waste this chance?

U-know: Alright.

Instinctively, U-know grabbed Theo's hand and led her out of the alley, and headed to the park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


At the park......

Both U-know and Theo went to the bicycle kiosk to rent a bike.

U-know: Theo, do you know how to cycle?

Theo: I know how to cycle. Don't underestimate me.

U-know: No, I don't mean that. I just wonder........

U-know started to mumble.

U-know: If you wanted to ride a tandem bike with me.

Theo: Huh? U-know, what did you say?

U-know: Erm.. Nothing.

Theo: I thought I heard something. What were you wondering about?

U-know: It's really nothing.

U-know moved away from Theo and pretended to choose a bike.

U-know: Theo, do you want a mountain bike and those with a lower bar?

Theo: Any bike is fine with me as long as my feet can reach the ground.

U-know: Then..... Then... How about... the...

Theo: U-know, what are you trying to say?

U-know's thought: I must say this out once and for all. I can't miss out of such a chance. I really want to ride together with Theo.

U-know took a deep breath, and closed his eyes, afraid to hear what Theo was going to say.

U-know: You want to ride on a tandem bike?

Theo: Sure. Why not? It's better cos I don't have to ride that much. I can depend on you. Hahahah...

U-know did not expect Theo to accept his suggestion so readily. He thought that Theo would want a bike on her on. He was really happy that Theo was willing to share a bike with him.

U-know: That's great! You don't have to worry, you can depend on me all the time. You can just sit there and not paddle and I'll do the rest of the work.

Deep in Theo's heart, she was really delighted that U-know wanted to ride a tandem bike with her. It seemed like U-know and Theo were in a movie where both the male and female lead get to spend a romantic afternoon in the park. Enjoying the presence of each other, with the wind blowing their hair.

Theo just smiled at U-know's comment and nodded her head in response. U-know picked the best tandem bike in the shop and then they were headed to the bicycle tracks for a romantic afternoon.

After riding for about an hour and a half, both U-know and Theo were tired. They rested at a bench and parked the bike nearby.

U-know got up from the bench. Theo wondered where was U-know heading to.

Theo: U-know, where are you going?

U-know: Erm... Erm... Toilet.

Theo: Okay.

U-know spotted a little girl selling roses from afar. He wanted to go to the little and buy a stalk of rose for Theo.

After a while, U-know came back with a stalk of rose. But, he hid the stalk of rose behind his back so that Theo could not see it.

U-know: Theo, I've got something for you.

U-know took out the flower that he was hiding behind his back.

U-know: This flower is beautiful, but to me, you are more beautiful...

Theo: Thank you.

Theo was feeling happy but very shy. She did not know how to react to the situation. All she could do was to say a word of thank you.

U-know went forward and gave a peck of Theo's cheek. This gesture of his make Theo's heart beat even faster. Her whole face turned red, and she looked as though she had a sun burnt.

Upon seeing Theo's reaction, he too began to feel a little shy about it. He scratched his head.

U-know: You're welcomed. It's my pleasure to make you, my girlfriend happy.

Theo felt a warm fuzzy feeling in her heart. At that moment, she knew that U-know did like her, and she too like him. Without hesitation, Theo gave U-know a hug back in return for his flowers.

Theo: Thank you, U-know. This hug is to thank my boyfriend for making me happy.

3 comments:

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

awwww....

so sweeeetttt.....

such a innocent couple....

ha ha ha...

tedheads said...

plu think so? someone said it was too mushy... but, i think it was alright cos some others are even worse than this.. hahahaahah...
did u realise that i incoporated the tvxq love message send with the bouquet of flowers... hahahha...

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

yes of cos i did...

but its u-know's only mah...

ha ha...

u going to move on to wat's happening at e hse?