Monday, February 4, 2008

Rainbow 彩虹 - Chapter 12 [The End]

Chapter 12: 君の声は My Rainbow、空を越えて just 届く
(Your voice is my rainbow, I'd cross the sky just to reach it)


14th February 2015

Valentine's Day.

A day where all the lovers in the world were celebrating their love.

The day where Joong would marry Yuki.

It was also Ze's death anniversary.

Jae had gone over to Joong's house the day before to congratulate his parents, and since Joong had gone out to see to last minute preparations. He didn't meet her. She left a red packet and wedding gift for them. And informed his parents that she couldn't attend his wedding, cos it was Ze's death anniversary.

Joong's mum: WHAT?!!! Ze's death anniversary?!!!

Jae: Ne... ajumma... I need to visit his grave... I don't think it would be appropriate for me to attend Joong's wedding... Joesong hamnida...

Joong's mum: Jae... my child... why didn't you tell us earlier? About Ze? We never asked his halmuhni why Ze and his dad didn't come stay with you too, cos we didn't want to appear too nosy... Now I know it's cos they have both passed away in the war...

Jae: Joesong hamnida ajumma... I didn't want you guys to feel depressed over the news... Since you've got a wedding in preparation... Anyway, please tell Joongie and Yuki that I'm sorry... But I'll give them a treat when they come back from their honeymoon to make up for it...

Joong's mum: Jae...

Jae (interrupting her): Ajumma... I gotta go to work now... Congratulations again... Annyeonghi kyesayo...

Jae dashed out of Joong's house, running away from the house as fast as possible. She was hurting inside so much.

Why did he have to choose to wed on the same day Ze died? It was like having the two men she loved leave her on the same day... It broke her heart into a million pieces... But she still had to put on a happy front to face the elders... Even though she was breaking down inside... She cried herself to sleep every night after she received Joong's wedding invitation card...

14th February...

To the world it was a day to celebrate love...

But to her... It was the day destiny took away from her the two men that she loved the most in the world... The skies could not be any darker or gloomier for her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a stormy day on the day of Joong's wedding. Fortunately for him, the wedding was held indoors, so everything could still go on. But he had not seen Jae the entire day. He was wondering where she was. In fact, he had not seen her for a very long time...

They never met since he returned, apart from that first day...

He had been busy with his wedding preparations and work. And she had been working day and night at the hospital, he had heard from his mum. And he knew from his mum that Ze's halmuhni had moved to stay with Jae. But there was no mention of Ze. Joong didn't understand why, but he didn't probe.

His guests had all arrived at the location. But he still didn't see Jae.

Joong's mum: Joongie-ya... You should head on in... It looks like it's going to rain soon...

Joong: Omma... Has Jae-nuna and Ze-hyung arrived yet? I haven't seen them yet... But I remembered seeing Ze-hyung's halmuhni...

Joong's mum: Oh... I forgot to tell you... Jae's not coming... It's Ze's death anniversary today... She said...

Joong's eyes widened with shock, he grabbed his mum by her shoulders.

Joong: Omma! What did you say again?!!!

Joong's mum: Jae's not coming... She said she'll give you guys a treat to make up for it when you get back from your honeymoon....

Joong (impatiently): Not this omma... The other line...

Joong's mum (thinking back over what she had said): Oh... It's Ze's death anniversary today...

Joong (eyes wide open): WHAT!!!??? ZE-HYUNG'S DEAD?!!!!

Joong's mum: Yeah... He died at her camp, while trying to protect her from an escaped prisoner-of-war...

Joong ran off before his mum could finish what she was saying.

Joong's mum (screaming): JOONGIE!!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING??!!!!! WHAT ABOUT YOUR WEDDING WITH YUKI??!!!!

Joong (screaming back): OMMA!!! TELL YUKI MIANHAMNIDA... I CAN'T MARRY HER!!! I LOVE SOMEONE ELSE TOO MUCH!!!

Joong's mum (shaking her head): This child...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At Ze's grave...

It was already raining. Jae was standing at his grave looking down at the inscriptions.

"My beloved husband Ze
Saranghamnida yongwoonhi
Your wife Jae"

Jae put away the umbrella and sat down beside Ze's tombstone, leaning against it and hugging it like before. The rain beat down mercilessly on her.

Jae's thoughts: It's good that it's raining... At least it can hide my tears...

Jae: Ze... One year... And you've not even met me once in my dreams... Do you really not love me anymore? I said I'll be yours forever right? I'm keeping my promise... Why won't you see me at all? I missed you so much...

Jae caressed the tombstone lovingly.

Jae: Appa and omma won't meet me... You won't meet me... Do all of you not love me anymore? Or you don't remember me anymore cos you're having so much fun up there? If it's really so nice, why won't you take me with you? I don't want to stay here alone anymore... I miss all of you too much...

Jae sobbed uncontrollably, shivering in the cold, as the rain hit mercilessly onto her shivering body, and the wind pushed her heartlessly to and forth.

Jae: Joesong hamnida halmuhni... I know I promised to take care of you... But I don't think I can do so much longer... My heart is already dead, I don't think my physical body can take anymore of this heartache... I just wish to be with appa, omma and Ze... Forgive me...

The wind blew Jae's umbrella away.

Jae: Ze... I promised that my heart will stay yours forever... I know I shouldn't be sad about Joong's wedding... He found happiness right? I should be happy for him... Now I want my happiness too... I'm coming to see you now...

She took out a bottle of sleeping pills and started taking them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joong scanned the cemetery for Jae. He found her leaning against Ze's tombstone. He ran towards her.

Joong: JAE-NUNA!!!

Jae didn't respond to him. The rain was so heavy she couldn't even hear herself crying. Let alone hear Joong's cries. Furthermore, the pills she took were taking effect on her, making her slowly close her eyes.

Joong shook Jae violently when he reached her.

Joong: NUNA!!! GWENCHANAYO? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

Jae opened her eyes and looked at Joong. He was drenched in the rain too. She thought she was having illusions from the pills. She shook her head slightly. Joong was still there.

Joong: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT ZE-HYUNG'S DEAD?!!!

Jae: What's the point in telling you? It won't bring him back to life... Anyway, it doesn't matter now...

Joong: BUT IT DOES MATTER!!! IF I'D KNOWN I'D NEVER HAD PROPOSED TO YUKI!!!

Jae: What has this gotta do with you marrying Yuki?

Joong: DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!!! YOU'RE THE ONE I LOVE JAE-NUNA!!!

Jae (pushing Joong's hands away, trying to get up): I think you're confusing sibling love for romantic love Joongie... You should get back to your wedding now... Don't let your wife wait for you...

Joong (grabbing Jae back into his grip): ANDWAE!!!! I'M NOT MARRYING YUKI!!! YOU'RE THE ONE I LOVE!!! I'VE LOVED YOU SINCE YOUNG!!! IT'S JUST THAT I WAS TOO YOUNG TO KNOW THAT IT WAS ROMANTIC LOVE THEN... BUT WHEN I SAW YOU WITH ZE-HYUNG, I WAS SO JEALOUS!!! I KNEW THEN THAT IT WAS NOT JUST SIBLING LOVE... I WANT YOU AS MY YEOJA CHINGU... MY JAGI... MY BRIDE... MY YEOBO... SARANGHEYO...

Joong pulled Jae into his arms, forcing a kiss on her lips. Jae pushed him away.

Jae: LET GO OF ME!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! I DON'T NEED YOU SYMPATHY!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF ME COS OF ONE CHILDHOOD PROMISE... I KNOW YOU LOVE YUKI... YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE KISSING HER THAT'S WHY YOU WOKE UP AT THE OPERATION TABLE RIGHT? STOP KIDDING YOURSELF...

Joong: ANIO!!! I KNEW THAT IT WAS YOU KISSING ME!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WANTING TO KISS YOU!!! THE ONLY PRETENDING THAT I'VE BEEN DOING IS WHEN YOU SAW US IN MY ROOM THAT DAY, I WAS PRETENDING THAT YUKI WAS YOU WHEN I KISSED HER!!!

Jae (hitting Joong weakly): Let go of me... Ze's my husband... I'm married... I cannot love you... I cannot... I... must... not...

Jae fainted, collapsing in Joong's arms. He rushed her to the hospital. Pacing anxiously outside the operating theatre.

Joong's thoughts: Please Jae-nuna... Please be alright... I've been waiting for a chance to love you for so long... Please let me have that chance... Don't take it away from me... Sarangheyo...

Dr Park came out of the operating theatre. Joong rushed up to him.

Joong: How is she?

Dr Park: Her condition's stable now. We've cleared all the sleeping pills from her stomach. But she's quite fragile emotionally. She's taken a whole bottle of sleeping pills. It's obvious she was trying to kill herself. You'd better stay with her for the time being. Just in case...

Joong: Araso... Kamsahamnida...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jae opened her eyes weakly. She found herself in a ward, with Joong holding onto her hand and sleeping beside her bed. He was still in his wet tuxedo shirt and pants.

Jae's thoughts: Ze... Why won't you let me be with you up there?

*FLASHBACK*
Ze's halmuhni: My child... I'll go live with you... But I'm already an old lady... I'd be gone soon... If you find someone you love and loves you... Go ahead and pursue your happiness... I won't hold it against you... You're still young... I'm sure Ze won't want you to stay alone forever...

Jae: Anio halmuhni... He died trying to save me... I owe my life to him... I promised that I'll stay as his wife forever...

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Jae's thoughts: Mianeyo... I think I've fallen for Joongie... What should I do?

Jae tried to pull her hand out from Joong's. But she woke him up instead when she tried to pull her hand out.

Joong: Jae-nuna... You're awake.. That's great...

Joong stood up, wanting to give her a hug.

Jae (turning away from him): Joongie-ya... Mianeyo... I can't accept your love...

Joong: Wae?

Jae (avoiding his eyes): Ze died trying to save me... I owe my life to him... I promised that I'll stay as his wife forever...

Joong: But I'm sure Ze-hyung won't want you to stay alone forever... He would want you to be happy...

Jae: But I am happy... Like this...

Joong (angrily): You call THIS happy? You just tried to kill yourself... How can you say that you are happy?

Jae kept quiet. Joong was right. She wasn't happy at all. She wanted to die. So that her pain would go away.

Joong: Nuna... Please give me a chance... To love you... As a lover... Not a dongsaeng...

Jae (pleadingly): I can't Joongie... I promised Ze... I can't...

Joong: If you're not opening your heart again, I'm closing mine too... From today onwards, I'll not love another except you...

Jae (trying her best to force back her tears): You don't have to do this Joongie... You've got Yuki... You're different... You've still got everything... Me... I've got nothing... Nothing...

Joong (turns Jae's face to face him): You've still got me... I'm always here for you... I promised too... Remember?

Jae was already crying. Her tears stained her face. Joong reached to wipe away her tears.

Joong: And to me you are my everything... I don't need anything else if I've got you... But if I don't have you, it doesn't matter if I have the world... It'd still be nothing to me... Sarangheyo...

Joong leaned in and kissed Jae. Like that time in the medics camp, Jae gave in to Joong's kiss. But this time it was different, she knew that he was kissing her as herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
26th January 2017

It was Joong's 21st birthday. And Jae's 27th birthday. They were born on the same day. But 6 years apart. Fate had brought them together in miraculous ways. It was like a rainbow, where you knew that there would be a pleasant surprise at the other end.

Or rather, after all the storms that they had to go through, the skies have finally cleared for them. And the rainbows had come out to celebrate the day with them.

They were getting married on this day. The day they both were brought into this world. The day Jae first carried baby Joong in her arms. The day baby Joong first set eyes on Jae. The day their fates were sealed together.

Would be the day that they would celebrate their love for each other, and become husband and wife.

Pastor: I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now Joong.

Joong lifted the veil from Jae's face. He looked at her lovingly. He wanted to scream out loud to the whole world that his beloved Jae-nuna, oops, Jae-yeobo now, was now lawfully his wife...

He leaned in to kiss Jae.

Joong: Sarangheyo... Jae... I'm now the happiest saram (person) in the world...

Jae smiled.

Jae: You're wrong...

Joong: Huh?

Jae: I'm the happiest and most loved saram (person) in the world... Cos I have the love of the two men whom I love most in my life... Ze and you... Sarangheyo...

Joong: Your voice is my rainbow, I'd cross the sky just to reach it... And to hear you say sarangheyo to me...

Jae smiled, fondling Joong's face, and tip-toed to meet her lips with his, giving him a long and passionate kiss.

The guests cheered as they kissed.

- THE END -


☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

Other fan fics we've written so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹

Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

4 comments:

tedheads said...

at last jae and joong are 2gether...

Anonymous said...

dfghj -- 19 February 2008 at 2:15 p.m.

gos..i felt like i am reading a novel. nice plot..keep up the good work..

Anonymous said...

ameii294 abi_bee2294@hotmail.com -- 7 March 2008 at 9:41 p.m.

oh gosh i almost cried reading this!!! i think its cuz i was listening to sad love songs while reading this hahahaha! lols!

KHoPuKi said...

OH MY GOODNESS...

Changed my opinions abt fan-fic... Nice job!

I'll find time to read the rest hehehehe...