Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rainbow 彩虹 - Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Desperate Measures...

Joong: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Joong gave a very loud scream when Dr Jung cut through his skin with a scalpel. Jae tried to hold him down on the operating table, but he was squirming like crazy because of the pain.

Dr Jung: JAE!!! HOLD HIM DOWN, OR ELSE I CAN'T OPERATE AT ALL!!!

Jae: YES DR JUNG!!!

Jae looked at Joong who was screaming and squirming around in pain. There was nothing she could do to help him ease the pain. She held his shoulders and tried to push him back onto the operating table.

Jae: Joongie-ya... Just look at ME... LISTEN to ME... Don't think about anything else... Just LISTEN to ME...

Joong: AHHHHH!!! I CAN'T NUNA!!! THE PAIN!!! IT'S TOO PAINFUL!!! JUST LET ME DIE... I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Jae: NOOOOO!!!!! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DIE!!!! I'M NOT GONNA ALLOW THAT!!! YOU STILL OWE ME MONEY!!! YOU CAN'T DIE BEFORE YOU RETURN IT TO ME!!!

Joong: Nuna... Mianeyo... I can't take this anymore... Just let me go...

Jae: NOOOOOOOO!!! YOU'RE NOT LEAVING ME AGAIN UNTIL YOU CLEAR YOUR DEBT TO ME!!!! YOU PROMISED ME!!! I'M NOT ALLOWING IT!!!

Joong's eyes were slowly closing as the pain was making him go into unconsciousness...

Jae shook Joong's shoulders really hard but he was slowly slipping away...

There was nothing she could do...

But she couldn't let him leave her just like this... She couldn't do anything to save her own parents... She didn't want to lose her best friend to the war she hated to the core like this too...

She had to do something...

Jae: JOONGIE!!! WAKE UP!!! DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!!! STAY WITH ME!!!

She grabbed his face with her hands and leaned down to give him a kiss on his lips...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joong's POV:

My eyes were closing slowly as the pain overtook my body and I was starting to feel numbness from all the pain...

I could hear Jae-nuna still calling for me to stay with her...

But I couldn't open my eyes... The pain was too much...

I didn't want to live...

I wanted to die...

I wished to die...

If I lived, I'd have to go through the pain of seeing the woman I love marry someone else...

It would be better that I died now... At least the pain would be lesser...

Then...

Suddenly...

I felt something warm and soft on my cold lips. I felt a pair of lips on mine. And it was slowly taking my mind off the pain. Who did this pair of lips belong to? Was I dreaming? I forced open my eyes drowsily. I saw Jae-nuna's face in front of mine, with her eyes closed, but tears were falling down from her eyes, and her tears dripped onto my face...

She was kissing me... The lips belonged to her... The one I swore to protect and never let her cry again... The one I had been dreaming of kissing every single day...

I lifted my hands weakly up to her face and rubbed away her tears with my hands. Her eyes opened when she felt my hands on her face. In her eyes I saw joy and hope. I held her face in my hands and kissed her back, closing my eyes slowly to savour the moment...

As she didn't push me away when I kissed her back, I slowly parted her lips with my tongue and started kissing her more passionately.

Sarangheyo... Jae-nuna...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jae's POV:

When I saw that Joong was falling unconscious, I couldn't think of anything to do to help him...

I just...

I don't know why...

But I just grabbed him and kissed him...

I don't know if it was because I was confused or what...

I wasn't calm as usual like when I was faced with other casualties...

Seeing him injured and dying just made me lose all my common sense and professional judgement...

In fact I wasn't professional at all...

And when I felt his hands wiping my tears away, I was overjoyed that he was still alive...

I didn't even mind that he started kissing me back...

And passionately kissing me back...

He must have confusedly thought I was his girlfriend Yuki due to his pain...

I didn't care...

As long as it kept his mind off the pain, and Dr Jung could operate on him...

I didn't mind at all...

As long as he could live...

I was willing do anything in my power...

To just keep him alive...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rest of the medics looked at Jae in shock when she kissed Joong.

Nurse Shim: Dr Jae... You...

Dr Jung: Come on... We got to start the operation while Jae's busy distracting the patient, before it's too late...

They operated on Joong's knee. Joong could feel the scalpel cutting into him and getting the bullet out, but he forced himself to focus on kissing Jae instead. He grabbed her even tighter and kissed her even more urgently when he felt the pain was unbearable.

Jae knew that the operation had started when she felt Joong's grip on her face tighten. She knew he was trying his best to bear the pain and stay alive too...

Jae's thoughts: Hang in there Joongie... It'll be over soon... I promise... Just continue kissing me... Oh not me... You probably think I am Yuki, just pretend that you are kissing her... And stay alive...

Joong's thoughts: Jae-nuna... Sarangheyo... I want to live... I want to live for you...

An hour later, the operation was over. The bullet was out, and Dr Jung had already sewn Joong's wound up.

Dr Jung: Jae...

Jae opened her eyes and pulled herself away from Joong to face Dr Jung. Joong let go of her reluctantly, looking at her weakly as she spoke to Dr Jung.

Jae: Yes Dr Jung...

Dr Jung: The op was a success... The bullet's out and his condition is stable... But he has lost a lot of blood, and needs to rest and recuperate... Nurse Shim, can you see to that?

Nurse Shim: Araso...

Dr Jung: He's your charge from now on... Until he recovers...

Jae: But Dr Jung... I'm not a full doctor yet... I don't think I...

Dr Jung: You'll be fine... You're already a professional doctor... No doctor's had more experience than you in 10 years' time... Have more confidence in yourself... You can have some time with your chingu here... We'll carry on with our work first...

Jae nodded her head embarrassedly.

Dr Jung and the rest moved on to the next patient, leaving Jae and Joong alone in the makeshift tent.

Jae didn't dare to turn to look back at Joong, she didn't know what to say. Joong was looking at her weakly. He wanted so badly to pull her back into his arms and hold her again...

Jae: I guess I've just been appointed as your doctor until you're recovered... *hee hee* Me a doctor... Joongie's doctor... Like we are playing doctor and patient when we are young... *smiles*

Jae turned and looked over at Joong. He had already closed his eyes. Probably resting from the pain...

Jae: Joongie-ya... Wake up... Don't sleep... Stay awake... I'll go see if there are any more painkillers for you... Don't close your eyes... Wait for me alright?

Joong opened his eyes slowly, and when Jae saw him open his eyes, she dashed out of the tent to search for painkillers for him.

Joong's thoughts: Jae-nuna... I'll wait for you no matter how long it is... I'll be right here waiting... For you...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m & Tedheads

Other fan fics we've written so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹

Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

No comments: