Friday, February 1, 2008

Rainbow 彩虹 - Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Reunion?

Jae's POV:

Days... Weeks... Months passed by painfully... Slowly...

I missed Dad... I missed Ze... I missed Joong...

The war didn't cease... In fact it turned for the worst... We were being bombed... So all of us had to be evacuated from our homes... Joong's mum, my mum and me had to go stay at a shelter...

But that was not the end of the bad news...

I received news that my dad got seriously injured at the frontline, and didn't make it cos there were insufficient medics to attend to him... My mum fell ill upon hearing the news... And a few months later, she too didn't make it... I was left alone... Painfully disheartened by the news, I decided to join the military medics to provide my skills to good use saving lives... I left Joong's mum in the care of Ze's granny and bid them farewell...

I wrote to Ze and Joong to tell them that I would be joining the medics. But I didn't know if they would get the news at all. The situation was very chaotic. Since I haven't had much practical experience, I was assistant to a doctor at the camp, helping him tend to the various casualties.

I was at the medic camp one day as usual and that day a lot of casualties were brought in. Many of them suffered serious injuries from bullet and explosions. Our supplies were being used up very quickly.

Jae: Dr Jung... Our supplies are depleting at a very rapid rate... There are too many casualties...

Dr Jung: We need to inform them to send some of them to the other nearby medic camps... Nurse Kim, please see to that...

Nurse Kim: Araso Dr Jung...

Just as Nurse Kim went out, another few more casualties came in and we were tending to one of them. He was shot at his knee and was bleeding profusely. I tapped the soldier's shoulder to see if he's still conscious.

Jae: Can you hear me? Are you conscious? Can you tell me your name?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joong's POV:

I didn't know if the pain was so much that I was hallucinating. I thought I heard Jae-nuna's voice calling me. I turned over to face the voice.

Jae: Joongie!!!

I forced my eyes open to look at the speaker. I saw Jae-nuna's face over mine looking all concerned. The light hanging over the camp, illuminated her face in such a way that she was glowing with the aura of an angel...

God is letting me see my angel one more time before I die...

My lids grew heavy and threatened to shut...

She shook me vigorously at my shoulders.

Jae: JOONGIE!!!! DON'T FALL ASLEEP!!! HANG IN THERE!!! YOU STILL OWE ME MONEY!!! YOU PROMISED TO RETURN IT TO ME!!!! WAKE UP!!! DON'T SLEEP!!!

I forced my lids open again. But the pain was draining my life away, as my blood soaked the sheets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr Jung: Jae, we need to operate on your chingu (friend) now to get the bullet out of his knee... Or else he'll be crippled forever...

Jae gathered her composure and answered.

Jae: Yes Dr Jung... Anesthetic please... Nurse Shim...

Nurse Shim (worriedly): Dr Jae, we've run out of anesthetics... The last dose was just used by Dr Park...

Dr Jung: Then we'll just have to do it without anesthetics then...

Jae (eyes welling up with tears and worry now): But Dr Jung... He'll be in so much pain... I'm not sure if he can bear it...

Dr Jung: You think of something to distract your chingu (friend) from the pain... We've gotta do it now... There's no more time... The longer the bullet stays inside him, the smaller the chance of him ever walking again...

Jae: Araso... Dr Jung...

Jae walked back towards Joong and held his hand and tried to speak to him to distract him from the pain that was going to come.

Jae: Joongie-ya... Remember last time when you had your growth spurt, and you suddenly grew so tall... And I became shorter than you?

Joong smiled wearily as he recalled the times...

*FLASHBACK*


Jae: Joongie!!! Get back here you cheat!!! Not fair!!! You cheated!!!

Jae chased Joong around his room. She had lost to him yet again in the PS3 game, and she had to give him 50 bucks for losing to him. But this time, he cheated. He covered her eyes when she was near to winning and obstructed her from seeing the screen.

Joong stopped suddenly causing Jae to crash into him. And she immediately proceeded to try to hit him. But since he was taller than her now, he could hold her head with his hand and push her away while her hands hit frantically into empty air.

Jae: HMPH!!! YOU BULLY!!!

Jae stormed to one side, sat on his bed, and folded her arms and pouted angrily. Joong found her expression very cute. But he didn't say anything.

Joong (matter-of-factly): YOU did the same thing to me when I was younger and shorter than you... Now I'm just returning the favour...

Jae: I'm not speaking to you... Don't talk to me...

Joong: WHAT? Can't I take revenge? If you can do it to a small boy, why can't I do it to you? And you're no longer a small girl... I'm not bullying a child...

Jae: I don't care... That didn't count... I was going to win... And you ruined it... I'm not speaking to you anymore... We're no longer on speaking terms...

Jae turns her head away defiantly.

Joong (giving up): Alright fine... Mianeyo nuna... I apologise for my cheating...

Jae: So you admit you lost?

Joong nodded his head.

Jae: So YOU owe me 50 bucks now!!! Yippee!!!

Jae jumped up from the bed and starting her victory ritual which consisted of jumping around Joong's room and screaming at the top of her voice.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

Other fan fics I've written with Tedheads so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹

Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaelo -- 31 January 2008 at 6:40 p.m.

YAY!:)
U UPDATE IT..LOL.:)
COOL UR KOREAN TOO.
MANN THAT IS SO COOL.
I WISH I WAS KOREAN TOO..:)
LOL..:)
SO WAT'S UR NAME? ALSO UR E-MAIL TOO..
THANKS FOR UPDATING IT.. U UPADTE SO FAST..LOL.:)
ALSO LOVE IT.
CAN;T WAIT TO READ MORE!!:)
SO PLEASE UPDATE..:)
/JaeLo/
/Jaelo93/

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

hi jaelo...
i'm not korean...
but i'm asian...
singaporean...
wat makes u think i'm korean?
cos of e korean ad libs here n there?
anywayz u can call me kitto...
u can add me on YM if u'd like...
me n tedheads have loaded our stories here onto a blog in case our hard work get deleted...
its at rhapsodydelamour.blogspot.com
glad u r loving this story...
i'm making it a 12 chap story...
so its not too draggy...
☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m