Thursday, January 7, 2010

Love in the ice - Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Meeting the Kims

For the next few weeks, Jaejoong spent them together with Jaein at her house. He moved his stuff over from the apartment that his company had rented for him and stayed at her house. Jaein was reluctant to give in at first. But it was his way of being closer to her and to make up for lost time. He insisted that they stayed together everyday, so that he can fall asleep with her in his arms, and wake up with her beside him.

She knew that sooner or later he would have to return to Korea, but as he didn't want to be separated from her so soon, he kept postponing it till his lessons had to start again.

While preparing to go to bed one night...

Jaejoong (lying on the bed and looking at Jaein at her dresser): Jaeinnie... there's something I need to tell you...

Jaein (looking at his reflection from her dresser mirror): Hmmm?

Jaejoong (reluctantly): I have to leave this Sunday... My lessons are starting next week...

Jaein (disappointment seeping through a brave front): I see... Study hard... and concentrate in your studies then...

Jaein looked away and carried on applying moisturiser to her face, trying to avoid looking at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong got off the bed and got behind Jaein, hugging her from behind.

Jaejoong: I'll miss you so badly... How can you expect me to be able to concentrate on ANYTHING?

Jaein's thoughts: I know... I won't be able to concentrate too...

Jaejoong: Will you leave with me? Together?

Jaein (shocked by his sudden words): I... But...

Jaejoong (turning Jaein around to face him): I want to introduce you to my parents...

Jaein looked down shyly, cos meeting his parents would make their relationship an official one.

Jaejoong: As my yeoja chingu (girlfriend)... And my future wife...

Jaein (looking up in surprise): Eh? What did you say?

Jaejoong (smiling): I said I want to show my parents their future daughter-in-law...

Jaein's thoughts: Is he for real? And who proposes like this and expect people to agree?

Jaejoong: Wae?

Jaein: You're kidding right?

Jaejoong: What do you mean? Of cos I'm not kidding... Why? You don't want to marry me?

Jaein: We've only been together for less than a month... It's...

Jaejoong: Too fast? I only want to leave my mark and make sure that no one else steals you away while I'm busy trying to finish my studies... Boy I wished that I didn't have to go to school... So we can be married earlier...

Jaein: Silly boy... no one will be interested in someone like me... So you can just concentrate on your studies and don't think about all these minor not important things... Moreover...

Jaejoong: I'm not a boy anymore... And you're wrong about not attracting men... You didn't notice so many flies around you that night at the function??!!! ARGH I wished that I could swat them, and pull you back into my arms....

Jaein: I think it's too fast... we should give ourselves more time before committing into something as sacred as a marriage...

Jaejoong: You still don't trust me, do you?

Jaein: I trust you...

Jaein's thoughts: I trust your love for me now... but I just don't want you to have regrets later when you meet better women after you graduate... and I'd appear too old and plain compared to them...

Jaejoong: Then it's no problem then... Come back with me to meet my parents...

Jaein: Alright...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meeting Jaejoong's parents...

Jaejoong brought Jaein back to meet his parents. Jaein was very nervous about meeting Jaejoong's parents. She had attempted to doll herself up and even got them speciality treats from Singapore as tokens, even though Jaejoong told her it was unnecessary. She wanted so much to leave a good impression with his parents, as it bothered her that it might not be easy for them to accept her since she was older than Jaejoong.

Jaejoong (holding Jaein's hand as he walked into the house): Appa, omma... I'm home...

Jaejoong's parents got up from the sofa as they entered the house, and Jaein saw his parents for the first time. They were smiling when he called them but when they saw Jaein, she thought she noticed their expressions change slightly.

Jaejoong (still holding Jaein's hand and smiling happily): Appa, omma... I want you to meet my yeoja chingu... Jaein...

Jaein (nervously bowing to the elders): Ahjushi, ahjumma... annyeong haseyo... mannasoe pangaseumnida... Jun Jaein imnida..

Jaejoong's parents nodded and forced a smile and sat back down. It was obvious to Jaein that they didn't quite approve of her. It made her even more nervous and self-conscious, but she forced a smile to keep Jaejoong happy.

After a polite dinner together, Jaein offered to help clear up the dishes, even though the Kims insisted that she let the maids do it. She just wanted to escape from the dining table and the scrutiny of Jaejoong's parents as it was making her very uncomfortable and nervous.

Jaein finished washing the dishes and was walking back to the living room with a plate of cut fruits when she over head the Kims having a discussion...

Mr Kim: Joongie-ah... How's school?

Jaejoong: I'm coping... Lessons are starting again soon...

Mrs Kim: So... Didn't you meet any nice girls there?

Jaejoong: Omma... I have Jaein already...

Mrs Kim: But she seems older than you... And she's so plain... Aren't there any nice missus of good family standing comparable to ours in your school?

Jaejoong: None that I am interested in...

Mrs Kim: *sigh* Joongie-ah... Not that omma wants to interfere... But my daughter-in-law will HAVE to be someone of status and social standing... Not just ANY Tom, Dick or Harry... we have a reputation to withhold my dear son...

Jaejoong: Omma...

Mrs Kim: Well... if you're just planning a short fling then it's fine by me... just make sure that your wife is someone we'd approve of...

Jaejoong: Omma... this is not a short fling... I love Jaein... And I want to marry her in future...

Mrs Kim: NO WAY!!! I WILL NEVER APPROVE OF HER!!!

Jaejoong (angrily): I DON'T CARE... EVEN IF YOU DON'T APPROVE OF HER... I'D MARRY HER...

Mrs Kim tugged at Mr Kim to get him to back her up in her argument with Jaejoong.

Mr Kim (raising his voice): You will marry whoever we approve of... Or esle you can forget about stepping into this house again...

Before Jaejoong could rebut his dad, Jaein coughed to make her re-entrance into the living room known. All the Kims stopped in their conversations, and kept quiet when she re-entered. Jaein placed the plate of fruits on the table.

Jaein (bowing repeatedly as she gathered her bag): Mr and Mrs Kim, it was nice to meet you. And thanks for having me over for such a nice meal. It's getting kind of late so I think I'd better get going now. Thank you.

Jaein walked briskly towards the door. Jaejoong glared at his parents and then ran after Jaein. Jaein walked out of the gate and towards the main road very quickly. Jaejoong had to run to catch up with her.

Jaejoong (grabbing Jaein's hand and pulling her to him): Where are you going? I'll send you back to the hotel...

Jaein (forcing a smile): No... it's alright Jaejoong... you've just came back and you have school tomorrow... go back and get some sleep... I can take a taxi back...

Jaejoong: No... let me send you back... it's late...

Jaein: Gwenchana... I'll be fine... Look there's a taxi now...

A taxi drove by and Jaein waved for it to stop. She hopped on.

Jaein: Don't worry... I'll be fine... I'll give you a call when I get back to my hotel...

Jaejoong: Alright...

Jaein: Bye...

Jaejoong: Bye...

Jaejoong watched as Jaein's taxi drove off into the night. His parents' reaction on meeting Jaein was something that he had not expected. And he was worried if she had overheard their conversation earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaein reached her hotel room and dialled Jaejoong's number.

Jaejoong: Yoboseyo...

Jaein: Jaejoong... I'm at my hotel room now...

Jaejoong: Jaein-ah... Did you have fun tonight?

Jaein (pretending): Yeah I did... Your parents were very nice... I hope I didn't cause too much inconvenience... Cos they did seem to want to spend some quality time with you... Alone...

Jaejoong: No... you were fine...

*Ding dong*

Jaein: Hang on... I need to get the door...

Jaein opened the door to find Jaejoong standing outside with his phone at his ear.

Jaein (shocked): Jaejoong??!!! How come you're here??!!!

Jaejoong walked into Jaein's room and closed the door. Jaein followed him in.

Jaejoong: I was worried about you... So I drove here...

Jaein: But you saw me get into the taxi... And I promised to call when I reach...

Jaejoong: I know...

Jaejoong pulled Jaein into a hug with his forehead against hers.

Jaejoong: But I was still worried... You left so suddenly... Did something my parents say or do upset you or make you uncomfortable?

Jaein: Of cos not... They are your parents... naturally I would feel nervous about meeting them...

Jaejoong: Nervous... That's all? You left early cos you were nervous?

Jaein: Yeah...

Jaejoong (smiling): So you do want to be my wife right? That's why you're nervous about meeting your future in-laws...

Jaein nodded shyly. Jaejoong leaned in and kissed Jaein, deepening the kiss further and slowly inching her towards the bed. He laid her down and hovered over her.

Jaein: You should head on home... You have class tomorrow...

Jaejoong: I have afternoon class... I can afford to stay over tonight...

Jaein: But...

Jaejoong (interupting Jaein and hushing her with his finger over her lips): Shh.... It's our first night together in Korea after a year... Don't make me leave... I want to stay by your side tonight...

Jaein: Ok...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

Other fan fics we've written so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹 [Completed]

Love in the ice


Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

Friendster Layouts

No comments: