Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love in the Ice - Chapter 24 [End]

Chapter 24: Stand By U [End]

Jaein stood in front of the mirror staring at her own reflection. It was her wedding day. And she was clad in a beautiful tube bridal dress. She looked beautiful. Never had she thought that it was possible to make herself look this good. Make-up artists and stylists were indeed amazing people to be able to make a simple and plain Jane like her into someone as beautiful as what she saw in the mirror.

She didn't believe it at first. But now she did. Women looked their most beautiful in their wedding gowns. But though she looked beautiful, there was a certain bitter sadness in her eyes. She was never going to see Injoong or Jaejoong again. And the wedding would mark the end of all emotional ties with them. But it's for the best, Jaejoong was also getting married soon. She didn't know what day, cos she never plucked up enough courage to open his invitation card. It was just left on the coffee table in her apartment.

Everything about this wedding went on with business-like arrangements. Her CEO met up with the other party and made all the arrangements. They didn't probe as to why she didn't want to meet her groom before the marriage. But in such arrangements, it didn't matter much. Cos even if there was no love at all, the marriage will still go on. It was like there was no emotions involved at all in this marriage. But it was just what it was. A business arrangement. But nothing mattered to Jaein anymore, she was a broken empty shell, incapable of loving or bearing anymore kids.

*Flashback*

After giving birth to Injoong...

Doctor: Ms Jun... There were some complications during your delivery... You've lost a lot of blood, due to the difficult delivery, and your womb has some considerable damage... You might have some problems getting pregnant in future... Artificial insemination might be helpful... But there's no guarantee that the foetus will be able to latch on properly to your womb...

Jaein: I understand...

*End of flashback*

If her infertility was made known, no man would want her for his wife anymore. She was like a broken record that doesn't play anymore. So even if her "husband" finds out about her infertility after the "marriage", it doesn't matter to her. This marriage was just a business deal. They can always get a divorce after the merger settles, and he can get a new wife to bear him kids. Whatever happens in the future, she didn't care anymore.

Yining (happily): Cous... It's time...

Jaein placed her veil over her head and walked out of the waiting room.

The wedding march played while her Uncle (Yiting and Yining's dad) walked her into the church hall. Her parents were gone, so naturally he took over the role to give her away. Yiting and Yining were also there as bridesmaids. Jaein held her head low as she walked in. She didn't want to see her groom until the rites were over. She was afraid that she might pull out in the last minute.

Her Uncle led her to the altar and passed her hand over to the groom. Jaein kept her head low, so she focused her eyes on the groom's shoes instead. He was wearing a cream white suit which matched hers. And his shoes were pointy and cream white patent leather shoes. They seemed stylish, yet formal at the same time.

Jaein's thoughts: He seems like a man with good taste... Wonder why he's agreeing to such a weird arrangement... Let's hope he's not too ugly looking and that we can get along...

Jaein's thoughts were miles away, and she could only vaguely hear the Justice of Peace reading the solemnization lines. She thought she heard Jaejoong's name. But she shrugged it off as her own mind playing tricks on her. She must had been missing him so much that she's imagining things. Her whole mind was practically blank, and she only responded when it was time to say "I do.", to say her vows, and to put the ring on the groom's finger.

Justice of Peace: I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now.

Jaein felt her veil being lifted from her head. She kept her eyes low still. But she could sense the groom leaning closer to her face to kiss her. She closed her eyes when he kissed her lips gently.

"Sarangheyo..."

Jaein opened her eyes wide in shock. She stared hard at the groom standing in front of her.

It was none other than...

KIM JAEJOONG!


Jaein (in shock): JAEJOONG!!! WHY ARE YOU HERE??!!! HOW COME IT'S YOU??!!!

Jaejoong (smiling): I have no idea why too...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Flash back 1*

Mr Kim: Jaejoong... we're planning a merger with the Jun conglomerate, as our business isn't going so well in Singapore... we need their funds to salvage the situation...

Jaejoong: Araso...

Mr Kim: But I want to have control over our company still after the merger... so... we need you to help me on this...

Jaejoong: How? What can I do? They are the bigger company... naturally they'd have MORE control...

Mr Kim: I proposed a marriage between the two families... This way... you'd be able to gain enough standing to have control still over our company...

Jaejoong (uncertainly): Appa... I...

Mr Kim (angrily): You've been living the good life since young... And it's all because of us... Now you're unwilling to help save the company... The one your parents had worked SO HARD to build up? Anyway such arrangements are very common amongst the rich.

Jaejoong's heart dropped. He knew his dad was right. The sad thing about the rich was that they often used their kids in such business-like marriage arrangements to strengthen their own businesses. Many rich kids are brats, but they never had the freedom to choose their own life partners.

Jaejoong: Alright Appa... I'll do it...

Mr Kim (contentedly): Good... We'll set up a meeting with them soon... So you can meet your future wife...

Jaejoong (interupting his dad): No need Appa... I don't need to meet her... Just make the arrangements and I'll be there...


*Flashback 2*

Yuki: So I just need to pretend to be your future wife? That's all?

Jaejoong: Yup... And treat my son like your own...

Yuki: Alright... That's easy money for me...



*Flashback 3*

Injoong (hesistantly): So I just need to pretend that Aunt Yuki is my new Mummy?

Jaejoong: Yup... And pretend to be happy while with her...

Injoong: Then Mummy will be jealous and come back to us soon?

Jaejoong: Yes Injoong...

Jaejoong had hired Yuki to act as his wife-to-be. And he even pulled in Injoong to make the act more convinving. He knew that it was going to break Jaein's heart. But he needed a clean break with Jaein before he could move on to his love-less marriage with the bride he never met. He needed to be sure that she would move on to find her own happiness, and forget him.

*End of flashbacks*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to present...

Jaein was pacing up and down in the waiting room agitatedly, with Jaejoong, Yunho, Junsu, Yiting and Yining, as well as Injoong seated in the sofas around.

Jaein (still in shock): I can't believe you guys knew and didn't tell me till the rites are over!!!

Yiting: Mianeyo cous... but all of us didn't know too till we saw the guys at the church... But isn't this great?

Yining: Yeah... You two lovebirds are FINALLY married... and your son Injoong is SUPER CUTE!!!

Yining was hugging and pinching Injoong's cheeks lovingly, making him chuckle madly.

Jaein: But you could had WARN me before I stepped into the altar... I could have...

Jaejoong (interrupting): What? Run away AGAIN and abandon ME at the altar? Seriously... how many times do you intend to run away from me? AM I THAT DISGUSTING TO YOU THAT YOU NEED TO ESCAPE FROM ME SO MANY TIMES?

Jaein: Jaejoong... That's not what I meant... But we shouldn't be married... We can't... Your parents... They are gonna flip when they realise who I am...

Yunho: Honestly I don't think they will... They didn't even notice anything wrong...

Junsu: Yup... cos you look SO DIFFERENT... you're like a DIFFERENT person... I can't believe that you're the same plain Ms Jun that taught us 7 years ago...

Jaein: But... they'll find out soon when they'll see me without make-up and styling in future... what do we do then?

Jaejoong (getting up and walking over to Jaein's side, sliding his arm around her waist): What are you so worried about? We're already officially married now. And not to forget, this marriage was arranged by MY PARENTS... so they have NO REASON to object since THEY chose to have ME marry YOU...

Jaein: That's true... but... I thought you were marrying Yuki... How come?

Jaejoong (grinning sheepishly): Mianeyo... When they made me agree to this business marriage... I didn't want to hold you back anymore... So I hired Yuki to pretend to be my future wife so that you'd get a clean break from us, and move on to find your own happiness... Mianeyo for breaking your heart...

Jaein (surprised): But Injoong even called her Mummy??!!! It's all lies?

Injoong (apologetically running towards Jaein and hugging her): Sorry Mummy... I lied to you... I'm a bad boy... Will you forgive me and come back with us?

Jaein (heart softening): Oh Injoong... I'm sorry for making you upset and alone with Daddy... I'll go back with you now... We'll stay together from now on...

Injoong (smiling from cheek to cheek): Hontoni??!!! (really)

Jaein (smiling at Injoong): Yes...

Junsu: Happy ending... AT LAST... But Ms Jun, can I ask one question?

Jaein (grinning): Junsu... you can call me Jaein... or nuna... no need to call me Ms Jun anymore... I'm not your teacher anymore...

Junsu: Alright... Jaein-nuna... How come you're the daughter and heir of the Jun conglomerate and you are dressed so plainly and live so frugally? Don't you have loads of inheritance to spend on yourself?

Everyone looked at Jaein for her answer.

Jaein: I'm sorry for lying to everyone. It's true that I am the heir of the Jun conglomerate. But I never liked to use my parents' money for anything in my life, except my expenses when I was still unable to earn my own keep. I prefer to use my own money, and to live a simple life since I was in university. Yiting and Yining knows my character... So they never tried to push me into doing things that I didn't want to... And so things just kind of kept the way they were even after I had Injoong... I want him to learn to live life simply, and not be so dependant on materialistic things...

Jaejoong: But when you were in Singapore... You worked in the company...

Jaein: I wanted to get as far away from you as possible in order to forget you. So I chose to work in my parents' company. Naturally they gave me a better apartment to stay in, cos I am the big boss. But I still managed to keep it as simple as possible.

Yunho: WOW... All I can say is... you're REALLY a WEIRDO... working yourself so hard when you have so much money to spend...

Junsu: Yeah... And if you had let everyone know your REAL identity sooner, there wouldn't have been SO MANY heartaches in the first place!!! You don't realise how much you've hurt Jaejoong-hyung when you left him... SO MANY TIMES!!!

Yunho: YEAH!!! AND EACH TIME HE ASKED US OUT FOR DRINKS TO NUMB HIS PAIN... IT WAS SADDENING...

Jaein turned to look at Jaejoong. He was looking at her with yearning in his eyes. She never knew how badly she had hurt him each time she left. Cos she was too engrossed in getting herself to forget her own pain that she never put herself in his shoes.

Jaein (caressing Jaejoong's cheeks gently with shaking hands): Mianeyo... I'm too selfish... I never thought about how you would feel... always taking things into my own hands and leaving you behind to suffer the consequences...

Jaejoong grabbed Jaein's hands in his and pulled them to his heart.

Jaejoong: It doesn't matter anymore... You're my wife now... There's NOTHING that I wish for anymore... I just want you by my side till the end of time...

Jaejoong pulled Jaein in for a hug. The rest took the cue and left them alone to catch up, taking Injoong along with them.

Jaein pulled apart from the hug.

Jaein (nervously): I know we're already married now... So there's no turning back now... But I still need to let you know something about me...

Jaejoong (looking at Jaein lovingly): No matter what it is... It doesn't matter... I'd still love you the same as before...

Jaein: I can't have kids anymore...

Jaejoong (shocked): What? Why? How come?

Jaein (apologetic and upset at the same time): When I gave birth to Injoong... there were... complications... the doctor said it might be difficult for me to get pregnant in future... so... if you are having second thoughts... we can still annul our marriage now... it's not too late...

Jaejoong (looking at Jaein lovingly): Pabo-ah... You are like this cos of giving birth to my child and you want me to leave you? I'm not such a heartless cad... It doesn't matter... I love you just the way you are... We have Injoong already... One is enough...

Jaein: I'm sorry... I know you want more kids... I...

Jaejoong (pulling Jaein close and putting his forehead on hers): We can still try can't we? We can try until I get you pregnant... I know I'd NEVER get tired of making love to you... Cos he said it's difficult, but didn't say it wasn't possible right?

Jaein shoke her head.

Jaejoong (grinning cheekily at Jaein): On second thoughts... It's even BETTER... we can have LOADS of unprotected and contraceptive-free sex and not worry about having too many kids... Cos I don't think I can keep my hands off you for long... You look SO tempting in this dress...

Jaein (grinning slightly): Trust you to make things sound so suggestive...

Jaejoong (smiling): Why? Can't I seduce my own wife? Furthermore, I've already seen everything...

Jaein (covering Jaejoong's mouth to stop him from sprouting anymore nonsense): ENOUGH!!!

Jaejoong giggled and pulled away Jaein's hands, leaning forward to claim her lips, as well as the hidden kisses that seduced him into giving her his first kiss years ago.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

Other fan fics we've written so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹 [Completed]

Love in the ice [Completed]


Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

Friendster Layouts

No comments: