Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love in the ice - Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Darkness eyes

*DING DONG*

Jaein woke up to the sound of her doorbell. She looked at the time and it wasn't even morning yet. It was 3am. She looked through the eyehole but there was nothing but darkness outside.

Jaein: Dare desu ka? (who is it?)

Jaejoong: Jaein... It's me.

Jaein's eyes opened wide with shock.

Jaein's thoughts: I thought Injoong promised to keep it a secret!!!

Jaejoong pressed the doorbell more urgently, since she didn't open the door.

Jaejoong (pounding a few times on her door): Jaein... Let me in please... I know that you're in there... please... let me in...

Jaein's thoughts: Go away... I don't want to see you... If I see you... I can't keep this up anymore...

Jaejoong (pounding a few more times on her door, but weaker than before): Jaein... please... let... me...

Jaein was trying to will Jaejoong's voice again in her head. And this time, it worked. There was no more doorbell ringing, no more pounding, and no more Jaejoong's voice. She peeped through the eyehole again. Darkness again. There was no sound outside her door.

Jaein's thoughts: Is he really gone? Gave up so easily... Quite unlike him...

Jaein plucked up her courage and opened her door slightly. A hand fell down towards the door crack. She almost screamed in shock, but she covered her mouth with both her hands, and the door came sliding open wide. And in fell an unconscious Jaejoong.

Jaein kneeled down beside Jaejoong and tried to shake him. But he didn't respond. She felt his forehead and it was burning. He was having a fever! Jaein tried to help him up with all her strength and just managed to get him to her bed, before covering him up with her quilt. She scattered hurriedly to get something to cool his temperature down. For the rest of the night, she dashed to and fro the apartment like a mad woman changing a basin of ice water which she used to dab his forehead to cool his temperature down.

Jaejoong opened his heavy lids to an unfamiliar room. He turned his head and found Jaein resting at his bedside. He reached to caress her face. Jaein stirred up her sleep when Jaejoong touched her and woke up. There was a moment of awkwardness when they caught eye contact.

Jaein: You should leave now... Injoong's alone by himself...

Jaein turned to leave. Jaejoong grabbed her hand and hugged her from the back.

Jaejoong: Kahjimal... (don't leave) Injoong needs you... I NEED YOU... Sarangheyo...

Jaein (taking a deep breath and hardening her heart): No... All you just need a suitable woman as your wife... Someone whom your parents will approve of... And Injoong will have a Mummy to take care of him... He doesn't need me... Neither do you...

Jaejoong (angrily): So you're saying that I can just go find any woman that my parents will approve of to be my wife... and Injoong's mum?!!!

Jaein (firmly): Yes.

Jaejoong: DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT US AT ALL??!!!

Jaein (hard-heartedly): I DO care... that's why I'm telling you to do what's BEST for the two of you...

Jaejoong (shattered): So you REALLY don't mind me getting another woman to be Injoong's Mummy?

Jaein (coldly): No.

Jaejoong: Fine... I'll do just that then... Since there's no more love left... I might as well be off with someone new who loves me... and can give me MORE kids...

Jaejoong stormed out of Jaein's apartment, leaving her broken-hearted and totally emotionally shattered.

Jaein's thoughts: Sayonara... my love...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A week later...

Jaein received a call from her CEO who was managing her parents' business. Apparently there was a conglomerate that was interested in merging with her parents' business and he needed her approval on it. She flew back to Korea for the meeting.

CEO: Jaein-ah... The pros are numerous for this merger, despite us being the big brother in this deal... But there is just one con...

Jaein: What is that?

CEO: They want something more permanent than a legal document to seal the deal...

Jaein: Like?

CEO: A marriage...

Jaein: Huh?

CEO: They hope that the two companies can be closer by having a marriage to seal the merger. From what I know, they have a very promising son, whom you've met before I think... So it doesn't seem to be too bad a deal... But the thing is... Are you willing?

Jaein's thoughts: There's nothing left for me anyway... No harm doing this for my parents' hardwork... I'm an empty shell anyway... It doesn't matter if I marry or not...

Jaein: Alright... I'll do it...

CEO: Do you want to meet them before the wedding day?

Jaein: No need... Just make the arrangements and let me know what to do...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A month later...

Jaein was returning home from work when he saw Jaejoong with a very pretty woman, along with Injoong at her apartment block. Injoong was playing with the woman and Jaejoong was smiling as they played.

The pain of reality stabbed at her heart deeply.

What she wanted came true...

Jaejoong had found a new Mummy for Injoong, and a new love...

They no longer needed her anymore...

Injoong noticed Jaein and ran towards her.

Jaein (forcing a smile): Hi... Injoong... How are you?

Injoong (smiling): I'm fine... Daddy and Mummy are taking very good care of me...

Jaein's heart fell into pieces. "Mummy..." Injoong didn't even address her as his mummy anymore. But someone else... He really didn't need her anymore...

Jaein (swallowing her tears and forcing another smile): That's good to hear...

Jaejoong and the woman came towards them.

Woman: Hi... I'm Yuki... Nice to meet you...

Jaein shoke her extended hand and smiled slightly.

Jaein: Hi... I'm Jaein... Nice to meet you too...

Jaejoong: I'm here to pass you my wedding invitation... I'm getting married next month...

Jaein: Oh... Congratulations to you both... May you have a blissful marriage...

The trio exchange handshakes and there was another awkward silence.

Jaejoong: We should get going... We've got a lot of invitations to send out... Bye...

Jaein watched as the trio walked off hand in hand towards Jaejoong's car.

Jaein's thoughts: I guess it's for the best... He's found someone new... And I'm getting married soon... There'll be nothing left of us... soon...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

Other fan fics we've written so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹 [Completed]

Love in the ice


Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

Friendster Layouts

No comments: