Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love in the ice - Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Heartbeat

Jaein was closing up in school as usual when she saw Injoong running to her in tears.

Injoong: MUMMY~~~!!!!!!

Her maternal instincts immediately kicked in and she hugged him tightly to comfort him.

Jaein (rocking her crying child back and forth to soothe him): Injoong-ah, tell Mummy what's wrong? Why are you crying?

Injoong (sobbing): The kids at the playground bullied me...

Jaein (curious as he always got along fine with them): How come?

Injoong (still sobbing): They said I don't have a Daddy... I told them it's not true, cos Mummy told me that Daddy's gone to a faraway place, but he loves Injoong very much and will come back one day.... But they told me that you're lying and he deserted me cos he didn't want me and Mummy anymore... Mummy... That's not true right?


Jaein (pulling Injoong tighter into her arms): Injoong-ah, do you REALLY want to meet your Daddy so much?

Injoong (staring up at Jaein with tears in his marble-like puppy eyes): Yes Mummy... I do... I miss Daddy and I want to see him soon...

Injoong continued crying no matter what Jaein said to console him. It was like he was bent on seeing his dad immediately. Jaein sighed and looked at her precious son who had got her in dilemma. She had tried SO HARD to keep themselves away from Jaejoong for these years. Now is it all going down the drain cos of some kid bullies...

Jaein's thoughts: I don't wanna see Injoong looking so sad... Maybe it's REALLY time I let him meet his dad...

Jaein took out her phone and made a call.

Jaejoong: Moshi moshi, Jaejoong desu.

Jaein: Hi Jaejoong, it's me. Jaein. Are you free at the moment?

Jaejoong: I've just finished my last meeting for the day... Why?

Jaein: Can you come over to my place now? Injoong's crying non-stop and I'm kinda worried about him...

Jaejoong: Ok I'll be there in 30 mins... Don't worry, he'll be fine...

True to his words, Jaejoong arrived within 30 minutes. Jaein carried Injoong over to the sofa where Jaejoong had sat down. Both Injoong and Jaejoong looked at each other then at Jaein. Jaein took a deep breath...

Jaein: Injoong... Uncle Jaejoong...He's... He's....

Injoong (eyes widening in joy): My Daddy?!!

Jaejoong pretended to look shocked. He wanted to hear the truth from Jaein's own mouth.

Jaein (nodding): Yes... He' s your Daddy...

Injoong: DADDY!!!!!

Injoong ran towards Jaejoong and jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly and laughing non-stop. Both Jaejoong and Injoong got their wishes answered, and are happy beyond words.

Jaein's thoughts: There.. I've said it... Now I have to pick up the mess from here...

Quietly, Injoong pulled Jaejoong over to Jaein's side, and placed both their hands together in his.

Injoong: Now I have Mummy AND a handsome Daddy!!!! I'm the happiest boy in the world~~~

Jaein smiled forcefully to make Injoong happy. But in her heart she was feeling super perturbed.

Jaejoong (seeing Jaein's forced smile): Jaeinnie... You tried so hard to stay away from me, only to come back square one... So don't try to tell me lies like you don't love me... I don't believe that at all... Cos if you don't, you wouldn't have had Injoong in the first place... You could have just gone for an abortion... Believe it Jaein... We're destined to be together... Stop trying to push me away again... Please... Even if its not for yours and my sake... Do it for our son's sake...

Jaein's thoughts: You think I don't want to? When I knew I was pregnant I was so happy... How I wished that I could share my pregnancy with you... But I couldn't... But at least with Injoong, there was something I could remember you by... I want to be with you too... But... Your parents will NEVER agree...

Sensing Jaein's worries, Jaejoong reached and pulled Jaein into his arms for a hug.

Jaejoong: If you're worrying about my parents... Don't be... Cos we've got a strong winning factor now...

He pulled away to look at Jaein, then nodded his head over to Injoong.

Jaejoong: Their grandson... You know they have been pinning for a grandchild for so long... They tried SO HARD to matchmake me... But I wasn't interested in any of those women... They were so worried that I won't EVER get married... And they'd be heir-less... So I'm sure Injoong will be warmly welcomed by them... Moreover, I have no doubts that Injoong will be able to charm them into saying yes to everything... He managed to do it on both me and you right?

Jaein (uncomfortably): You might be right... But I don't want to use Injoong as a winning chip... It's not right... I...

Jaejoong (stubbornly): THEY are unreasonable in the first place... So I don't care... If it's not you, I won't marry... And I want you as my wife officially asap... We already have a 5 year old son! For god's sake! I don't wanna wait anymore... I've waited too long already... You're coming back with me to Korea tomorrow to see them so we can fix a wedding date soon...

Jaein: Alright alright... I won't make you wait anymore... But can you bring Injoong over to your place for a few weeks and see how your parents react first...?

Injoong (pouting): Mummy's not going with me?!!! Then I don't wanna go....

Jaein (apologetically): Gomenne Injoong... I have to stay here and teach... Your grandparents are nice people... Make sure you are respectful to them when you are there.. And listen to your Daddy... Don't be naughty when I'm not there ok?

Injoong (whining): Wakatta... Demo... I'll miss Mummy....

Jaejoong: Yeah... Nado...

Jaein hugged Injoong tightly into Jaejoong and her arms.

Jaein: I know my darlings... I'll miss you too... But I have no choice...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

Other fan fics we've written so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹 [Completed]

Love in the ice


Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

Friendster Layouts

No comments: