Thursday, January 14, 2010

Love in the ice - Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Hello again...

As usual, Jaejoong was hanging out in the park with Injoong and today he deliberately played so much with him till the little boy forgot to go back to the kindergarten to look for his mummy. It was Jaejoong's plan to make Jaein come look for Injoong at the playground. Knowing her character, she would be so worried about her son who's late, that she'd go crazy searching high and low for him (like how she did when her puppy Snowball was missing). This way she would definitely come and look for Injoong, and he could see her face to face and get some insight into Injoong's background.

Just like Jaejoong expected, Jaein came running to the playground dishevelled and worried sick. So worried that she didn't even notice that it was Jaejoong who was playing with Injoong. She just ran straight to her son and grabbed him into her arms, hugging him so tightly like she was afraid that he'll disappear.

Jaein: My god Injoong, you made me so worried. I thought something happened to you when you didn't come back to the kindergarten on time...

Injoong (apologetically): Sorry Mummy... I was playing too much with Uncle Jaejoong and forgot about the time...

Jaein's eyes opened in shock when she heard Jaejoong's name. She pulled away from Injoong and stared at him.

Jaein: What did you just say?

Injoong (pointing towards Jaejoong): I was playing with Uncle Jaejoong and forgot the time...

Jaein's eyes followed Injoong's small finger and saw Jaejoong standing nearby smiling and waving back at them. Her heart sank and she almost couldn't breathe.

Jaein's thoughts: How in the world did he find me here??!!! And he found Injoong first... My god, don't tell me he already knows about him?!!!

Jaein turned back to look at Injoong, avoiding Jaejoong's eyes.

Jaein: I thought I told you not to talk to strangers...

Injoong (innocently): I know Mummy... But Uncle Jaejoong is not a stranger... He's a nice man... And so handsome... I like him very much... I want to be like him when I grow up...

Jaein's thoughts: Oh god... Injoong... stop saying all these... you'll make him suspicious!!!

Jaein (standing up and holding Injoong by his hand): Come... it's time to go home now...

Injoong (disappointedly): Alright Mummy... Let me bid goodbye to Uncle Jaejoong first...

Injoong dashed towards Jaejoong, and even though Jaein had held his hand, she couldn't hold him back from running to Jaejoong. She turned her head away avoiding eye contact with Jaejoong, but she stole peeks on them.

Injoong (hugging Jaejoong): Bye Uncle Jaejoong... Mummy says we have to go home for dinner now... so remember to have your dinner before going home!!!

Jaejoong (smiling): Aww... can't you take me back home with you... it's so lonely to have dinner ALONE...

Injoong (smiling at Jaejoong and turned towards Jaein): Mummy... can I invite Uncle Jaejoong to our house for dinner? He's all alone, cos his wife-to-be is missing, so there's no one to cook for him...

Jaein looked up at Jaejoong in surprise when she heard what Injoong said.

Jaein's thoughts: His wife-to-be... missing... Did he mean me? That means he's still... single...

Jaejoong (looking at Jaein meaningfully): Yes... She's missing at the moment... But I have a feeling that I'd find her soon...

Jaein (shaking her sympathy away): No Injoong... I don't allow strangers in my house...

Injoong (disappointedly): But Mummy... He's not a stranger... And he's so pitiful... There's no one to look after him... I'm his only friend here... Can't I invite my friend home?

Injoong was using his puppy eyes on Jaein and it made her heart melt. She could never reject her darling son when he went all puppy-eyed on her. She would give the world to him if it made him happy.

Jaein (reluctantly): Alrite... He can come... But hurry up now... It's late already...

Injoong (cheering and jumping up and down): YIPPEE!!! UNCLE JAEJOONG CAN COME TO MY HOUSE!!!


Injoong grabbed Jaejoong's hand and ran towards Jaein, and held her hand with his other free hand. The trio walked hand in hand towards Jaein's apartment. Jaejoong smiled and stole a glance at Jaein, she was looking away to the other side, trying VERY hard to avoid eye contact with him. It didn't matter, he was just glad to be spending time with her and Injoong.

While Jaein prepared dinner, Injoong showed Jaejoong around their apartment. It was small, but they had everything that they needed. Jaein was really leading a frugal life in Japan, compared to her apartment in Singapore. This was so much smaller and simpler. And she hardly had any nice clothes or accessories of her own. Most of apartment was filled with stuff for Injoong - books, toys, clothes, etc. It was obvious that she showered the child with a lot of love, but she didn't spoil him. He was a very obedient and thoughtful boy, and the more time Jaejoong spent with him, the more he liked him.

Jaein stole a peek at Injoong and Jaejoong, while she cooked dinner. She smiled when she saw Injoong smiling so much when he played with Jaejoong. And Jaejoong was smiling a lot too and enjoying himself conversing with Injoong.

Jaein's thoughts: They seem to take an instant liking for each other... Having so much fun together... But I cannot let them know about each other...

Injoong: Mummy... is dinner ready already?

Injoong's voice interupted Jaein's thoughts. She looked up from her daze and noticed both Jaejoong and Injoong staring at her.

Jaein: Not yet... In a bit...

She blushed in embarrassment and rushed back to the kitchenette.

Jaejoong (smiling): She must be pondering if she should tell us the truth a not... Since we get along so well... Please let Injoong be our son... Then I'll have the perfect excuse to make her my wife immediately...

After playing for a while more...

Jaein: Dinner's ready...

Injoong pulled Jaejoong to the dining table, just in time to see Jaein setting the table up with cutlery, dishes and rice. Injoong pulled Jaejoong to sit down, and sat himself next to Jaein. Jaejoong was now seated directly opposite Jaein who was scooping rice into the rice bowls. She kept looking down to avoid his eye contact, but he knew that she was feeling awkward sitting opposite him. He purposely reached out to grab her hand, when she reached out to put down the rice bowl for him. Almost immediately Jaein retracted her hand, dropping the bowl down onto the table, and spilling the rice.

Jaein: Oh no... I'll go clean this up... You guys go ahead and start first...

Jaein took the bowl and dashed back to the kitchenette. She stood by the kitchen sink, panting and breathing so hard to regain her normal breathing. Just a simple touch from Jaejoong, and it was making her heart race like mad. She would not be able to stand seeing him opposite her for the entire meal...

Meanwhile outside...

Injoong was happily eating away, while Jaejoong tried to sneak glances at Jaein inside the kitchenette.

Jaejoong (looking at Injoong): Injoong-ah... Where is your daddy?

Injoong: Mummy says that he's gone to a far away place before I was born... So I've never seen him before...

Jaejoong: Hmmm... Injoong-ah... Would you like me to be your daddy?

Injoong (stopping eating and looked up at Jaejoong): You? My daddy?!!!

Jaejoong (smiling): Yeah... Do you want me to be your Daddy?

Injoong (smiling in response): Yes... If you're my Daddy... it will be cool... Cos you're so handsome... I want to be like you when I grow up... But... (ponders)

Jaejoong: But?

Injoong: I thought you were looking for your missing wife-to-be...

Jaejoong: Well... I just found her... with your help...

Injoong (blur): Huh? Who?

Jaejoong: Your mummy...

Injoong (eyes opened wide and big like marbles): Mummy??!!!! Is your wife-to-be??!!! Then... Are you my REAL daddy??!!!

Jaejoong (smiling): Yeah... I think so... Are you happy about it?

Injoong: I am!!! But... Mummy must agree first... Cos you will be her husband too if you are my daddy...

Jaejoong: I know... But you must help me persuade her...

Injoong: Okay!!!

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

Other fan fics we've written so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]

My Little Princess 나의작은공주 [Sequel to Serendipity 奇缘]

Rainbow 彩虹 [Completed]


Love in the ice

Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

Friendster Layouts

No comments: