Sunday, April 15, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 11

Chapter 11: My Dream

We had not spoken a word to each other for the entire day.

We just stared at each other in silence.

What was there to say?

We were going to be separated.

By something deadly.

Something that could make our lives much more hell-like miserable.

Something that could end our relationship once and for all.

War.

My friends were not excused.

So was Jaejoong.

It was a day of immense pain for all womenfolk.

Their beloved had to be called to battle.

War had broken out.

And nowhere was safe from it.

All men were called up to the army to protect their country.

We were standing at the field where chaos and confusion was raging amidst emotional outbursts, as those left behind were bidding those called to battle farewell.

We did not say a word.

All the commotion and noise were blocked out from us. I couldn’t hear a single thing. My world revolved only around Jaejoong and me. My eyes never left his.

“Gather now men, it’s time to get into the trucks! Hurry up! On the double! Your country awaits your protection!”

The commander’s voice echoed through the chaos.

My eyes started to burn with intense hatred.

Why did there ever have to be such a silly thing as war?

No one’s gonna benefit from it.

And everyone’s gonna lose something of importance to them because of it.

Why did it ever have to exist?

I hated it.

I hated it for the chaos and destruction it caused.

I hated it for the casualties it caused.

Most of all, I hated it for taking away my beloved from me.

He spoke for the first time.

“I’ve to go now… The commander’s calling…” Jaejoong said plainly, placing his hand on my face, and started stroking my cheek lovingly.

I didn’t move.

My pride prohibited me from accepting the fact that the very thing that I hated had succeeded in separating me from him.

Jaejoong saw the anger in my eyes. But there was nothing that he could do to make himself be excused from army responsibilities…

To stop all the pain that was piercing my heart every single second…

To stop the despair he felt from being unable to do anything to relieve me of the pain that was hurting me…

“Would you kindly give me a goodbye kiss before I go, my sweet?” Jaejoong whispered softly, forcing himself to maintain his composure in front of me.

I replied by tiptoeing up to meet his lips with mine.

Once my lips touched his, he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer. He had wanted to take away my pain by giving me one last kiss. But once we kissed, I ignited the despair he felt. And when I responded to him pulling me closer by wrapping my arms around his neck, his despair turned into mad rage. His lips engulfed mine and his tongue was tightly entwined with mine. He hugged me so tightly until it hurt.

I melted in his arms…

Tears that I had fought to prevent from pouring in front of him started pouring down my face…

I couldn’t endure my pain anymore...

“On the double! Your country awaits your protection!”

The commander’s voice echoed through the chaos once again.

He withdrew himself from the passionate yet painful kiss, and took a long look at me, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

“Take good care of yourself when I’m not around. You’re to remain the same when I see you again. Remember, you’re mine. I love you.”

He gave me a soft peck on my lips, and pulled himself away and started walking towards the truck.

I stood there in the crowd as I watched him walk away from me. I was dizzy from all the chaos. My tears blurred the image of him as he walked further and further away.

Then I ran towards him. And threw my arms around him. He took my arms and turned around to face me. I leeched myself onto him.

“Take good care of yourself too when I’m not around. And you’re to REMAIN the SAME when I see you AGAIN. YOU REMEMBER that YOU’RE MINE... And nothing's supposed to happen to you unless I say so...” I said, and I tilted up to look at him.

There he was. Half smiling. Half crying. Tears were flowing down his face. It was the first time that I saw him cry. He always had sorrowful eyes, but they never seemed to carry enough sorrow to break out into a fulfilling cry. But now I had managed to make them weep. In public. For me.

“I know…”

I reached to wipe his face of the tears from his face. He grabbed hold of my hand instead, pulled it to his lips, planted a kiss on it, and then placed it on his face.

“ I’ve to go now…”

“Wait... I haven’t finished… I’ve missed out something…”

His eyes opened wider with curiosity. I reached for his neck with my free hand and pulled his face closer to mine.

“I love you.... Will you be mine forever?”

I took out the ring that I had bought for him.

He was totally stunned. Taken aback. And he didn’t answer.

“If you don’t want to you can refuse. It’s just something to keep my mind at ease that you won’t go to other girls when I’m not …”

He didn’t answer. He didn’t have to. Cos he gave me the best answer that I could ever think of.

He captured my mouth in his and gave me the most passionate kiss that he had ever given me. And as his lips remained locked onto mine, his hands went down to my knees and swept me up into his arms. Then he spun me round and round in sheer joy.

“I love you.”

“Is that a yes?”

He nodded blissfully.

“So REMEMBER that you’ve someone waiting for you back home…” I moved closer to his ear, avoiding his gaze, and whispered, “waiting for you to… to…”, I blushed and decided to rephrase my thoughts, “to make her the happiest wife in the world…” I looked down shyly.

I felt him turn towards me and his lips beside my ear.

“I’ll definitely put that on my top priority now… my lil’ wifey… ”

And started putting me down on my feet.

I looked up embarrassingly. He looked into my eyes cheekily, and then his face turned hard again.

“I’ve gotta go now. I’ll get you a ring when I’m back… Wifey…”

“I know… Remember you owe me a ring… I love you… My hubby…”

He turned and walked towards the truck.

My eyes followed him but I didn’t move.



*RINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG*


I woke up, startled by the sound of the alarm clock.

It was a dream...

Thank goodness...

But why am I having such a weird dream???

2 comments:

tedheads said...

werid dream... weird chapter... and no one is korean is called up to fight for their country anymore... only the NS still exists there... one word for this chapter... weird

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

it's supposedly a world-wide war...

so EVERYONE must do their part...

didn't u read e part 'nowhere is safe from it'???

moreover its a dream lor...

dreams are different from reality one mah...

so ur imagination can run wild...

basically e crux is that Kiki's subconscious mind is worried that they'll be separated sooner or later...