Monday, April 23, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Gone...

*BAM*

I collapsed onto the floor after the lift door closed completely. My ankle was hurting beyond my endurance limit. As I collapsed onto the floor, I realised that one of the makeshift bandages on my knees had fallen apart.

"Oh no... Jaejoong must have seen my injuries... I'd better get moving in case he turns back..."

I struggled to push myself up to a standing position, but to no avail. I fell back down onto the floor and the blood from my knee was slowly starting to form a small pool on the marble floor. I reached for my bag to dig for my mobile phone to call Fifi.

"Fifi... Where are you now?? Jaejoong's left already.... Can you come back??? I can't... I can't move by myself..."

"Oh gosh!!! I've just met Theo... We're on out way there now!!!"

"*sign*... I'd better sms him to let him know I'm fine... So that he won't worry..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At TVXQ's minibus...

*It's time for love... Somebody to love...*

Jaejoong took out his phone and looked at the display. It was a sms from Kiki. Hurriedly he clicked on the message and looked at the contents...

Joongie, don't worry about me... I'm fine... I've Fifi and Theo to help me... Concentrate on your work, okay? I'll be listening to the radio programme... So don't brood over at the station... Don't let the others dominate the mikes... I wanna hear your voice... See you at the airport later... Missing u already... ;-) Kiki xoxo

Jaejoong smiled when he read the message. Kiki was the only person who was able to make him smile even when he was in the worst kind of mood.

"Who's that? Anyone we know?" Max asked meaningfully.

Jaejoong looked up from his mobile phone at Max. He glanced cautiously at his manager to check if he was suspicious. His manager was talking to the local record company representative on the arrangements for the night. Jaejoong looked back at Max and nodded his head while grinning.

"Oh, its your mum... So sweet of her..." Xiah announced loudly so that the entire bus could hear him.

Jaejoong smiled, "Yeh, she's asking me when we'll be going back and if we want her to cook any special dishes..."

"OHHH.... I miss her delicious cooking... Can't wait to go back..." U-Know quipped.

Everyone looked at U-Know, and Micky nudged U-Know.

"Yeah well... We're going back... TONIGHT... anyway..." Jaejoong murmured softly.

Micky patted Jaejoong on his back to console him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the radio show... At the airport...

"Theo... Fifi... Don't you think you gals overdid the bandaging a bit??? My knees look like rice dumplings now... And its just some scratches and cuts... And my ankle is even worst... It's like 3 times of my normal foot size!!! I can't even wear my shoe... People must think that I'm some pyscho who's escaped from the asylum or something..." I complained.

"It's not that bad... And anyway, if we don't bandage it properly, it's going to fall apart later in the commotion at the airport... So we better be safe than sorry..."

"I know.... But... Won't Jaejoong be even more worried if he sees all these??? I think I look like half a Egyptian mummy already..."

"*sign* He might be too surrounded by fans to notice it... Just bear with it... It's for your own good..."

I looked at Theo and felt a bit depressed, cos what she said was true... There were already so many fans at the airport... It would be near impossible for him to spot me amongst them... Much less to say, notice that my injuries were bandaged hideously...

Fifi nudged Theo and whispered, "Why did you go say that to her? You know she wants to see him one more time before he leaves..."

I limped over to a nearby bench to rest my swollen and pounding ankle, cos the bandage was so tight I felt like my arteries were pounding against the bandage as I moved. I couldn't help but feel terribly depressed. The physical pain from my injuries were no where near the emotional pain that I was going through right now. I felt like a part of me was going to be ripped away violently by fate... Forever...

Somehow I suddenly wished that nothing had happened during their publicity stay here, and I would be just like any other fan... Planning idol chasing strategies for their next visit...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Loud screaming was heard and I could see a group of guys being ushered into the airport with a large group of screaming fans in toll.

I looked up and recognised the tallest Max in the group, being tugged along with the rest by a huge security. I struggled to get up, and limped towards the check in area. But they didn't stop at the check in area, they security ushered them all the way past the check in area, and they were heading towards the departure gate!!!

"KIKI!!! What's happening??? How come they aren't checking in???"

"I don't know..." I shoke my head in disbelief.

"Look gals, I can't move fast enough... Why don't you gals go check out the situation in front, and I'll try to catch up..."

"But you..."

"It's okay... I can... I can manage... slowly... by myself... You gals go ahead first..."

"Okay.... We'll rush back to let you know the situation okay? Theo, let's go... Hurry!"

As I limped slowly towards the departure gate, I couldn't see them at all, there were too many fans... Theo was right... There's just no possibility... That he'll even notice...

*It's time for love... Somebody to love...*

I dug out my mobile from my bag. It was Theo.

"Hello..."

"Kiki, they're going in!!! They're record label pre-checked in for them already... So they're going straight in!!! Hurry over now!!!"

"WHAT!!!"

I picked up the pace of my limping, and broke into a half-limping, half-hopping gait, trying to move faster. But no matter how hard I tried, I just wasn't fast enough...

When I reached the gate, they had already gone in...

And they were waving goodbye to the fans from behind the departure counter...

I wanted to go near to the glass wall for support, as well as to catch a glimpse of them before they leave... But there were just too many fans... I kept being pushed backwards...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 15 minutes of waving and me being constantly pushed and shoved backwards...

The fans slowly started to disperse as the guys had already went in, and they weren't able to see them anymore...

I finally managed to get to the glass wall...

But they were already...

Gone...

The tallest Max was nowhere to be seen...

Neither was the buff U-Know...

Or the wavy haired Micky...

Or the sweet Xiah...

Or my beloved Jaejoong...

They were already...

Gone...

And not only my knees and ankle hurt like hell...

My heart has fallen onto the marbled floor and broke in a million small pieces that were cutting into my already injured feet...

I leaned against the glass wall and slided downwards slowly to a sitting position on the floor...

Unable to come to terms with what has just happened...

2 comments:

tedheads said...

no teary scene? no can't-bear-to-leave-you scene?? wondering what's next after they leave sg.....????

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

u'll see in e coming chapters...

story will resume when i get back to singapore...

most likely on at the 1st of may if we can get a flight...

if not most likely on 2nd may...