Monday, May 28, 2007

Destined 遐想 - Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Why Must He Say That?


"Show!!! Are you alright?"
questioned a concerned Edy.


No response form Show.


"Show!!!!! Wake up!!!!" screamed Zax as he shook Show violently.


"Huh!!! I..... I.... I..... Erm.... I'm alright.... I think I need some time alone to digest this..... Maybe.... Maybe.... You guys can go and without me...." answered Show.


"We can't leave you here alone..... Why don't you join us? Everything is going to be fine. I'm sure Ting will sort things out with that guy and come back shortly," Toro comforted Show.


"Maybe... Maybe... You're right.... I think I'll join you guys as I wait for Ting."


Right after Show finished his sentence, the guys pulled Show along with them to the different rides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the cafe..................


"Make it quick. I really don't have much time to spare. I need to get back as soon as possible," Ting said curtly.


"Ting... Do you have to be so hostile towards me? I know that parting was painful... But that was because I didn't want to hurt you any deeper".


"It's alright. You really don't have to explain anymore. It's really over. If that's all you need to say, I'll leave first".


Ting started to grab her bag and begin to leave. Just as Ting stood up, Arron ran over and got hold of her arm to prevent her from leaving.


"Ting, don't leave!!! Let me finish explaining, please?"


Ting relented, and put her bag down, and went back to her seat.


"Thank you. I still remember our promise to stay together no matter what happens. But... But.... I knew that when I was presented that chance to study in the States, we were going to be separated. Initially, I thought of giving it up quietly, without telling you. But, I knew you would not want that to happen. If I'd told you about this, you would allow me to leave and bear the pain all alone. If I made the situation like I was the one in the wrong, by not telling you anything, I believed it would be easier for you to forget the pain. I'm sorry, Ting. Please forgive me, will you? I hope to have a second chance".


Upon hearing Arron's explanation, Ting was moved by it. All along, she thought that Arron was the one who caused all her suffering at that time. She didn't even know that while she was wallowing in self-pity, Arron was also suffering too. At this point, Ting's heart was in a whirlpool. She felt that the feelings that she previously felt for Arron coming back. But, she could not feel this way. She had Show now. And the feelings that she had with Show were strong too. She was almost reaching her breaking point. Tears start to form in her eyes, but she held back her tears.


"Sorry, Arron. I need time to digest all these. Everything came all too sudden for me... I really don't know what to do now... Can you give me some time?"


"Ting, I know this is hard for you to digest. But.... I really hope that you will consider it properly".


Ting turned and left the cafe after Arron finished his sentence.

"Ting!!!!! Don't go please. Does it mean that it is all over for us? Is it because of that guy just now?"

Ting did not even allow herself to hear Arron's final sentence. She walked away as fast as she could. She didn't want to hear any more. Ting knew her heart was touched by Arron. But, what about Show? She knew that deep in her heart, Show meant something to her. She knew that she did not treat Show as a replacement. But, at this moment, Arron occupied a part of her heart and so does Show.

Arron ran after Ting, hoping that Ting would tell him that they could get back to gather. Arron grabbed hold to Ting's arm, preventing her from leaving.

"Ting, don't leave me hanging there. Please? Ting, please say something. It's really fine if you don't want to give me a second chance. But.... Ting... I need to know how you feel".

"Arron, let go of my arm. I really need to go......"

Arron refused to let go of Ting, unless she gave him an explanation. He tightened his grip, afraid that if he released his hands, Ting would never come back anymore.

"Arron.... LET GO OF ME!!!!! STOP IT!!! IT HURTS!!!!!"

"I'm sorry".

Slowly, Arron began to loosen his grip. But, his hands did not leave Ting's arm at all.

"Arron...... I..... I.... really don't know what to do now. My mind can't register all these at all. It's all in a blank now...... Arron.... I really knew time alone..... Time for me to think through what is happening. You can't just come and go and expect everything to be like before. Things changes and time does not stand still for you and me".

"I know, Ting. I know this is hard to digest all at one go. But, Ting..... I really love you.... All these years in the States, my mind kept on having images of you... images of the happy times that we both spent together. I know what I did was cruel. However, this was all done with you in mind. Ting... Please give me another chance".

"Arron...... Stop all these. I'm dating someone else now. I'm sorry. You will always be someone special to me".

Upon hearing Ting's words, Arron's heart was crushed into pieces. He could not believe Ting could forget him so easily. Arron could not do anything, but to let Ting slip pass his fingers. Ting walked away from Arron, leaving him there all alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why don't we go n ride on the carousel? It looks so romantic riding on it," said Ning.


"Okay. I'm fine with it. If that makes you happy," answered Jun.


Both Jun and Ning started to head towards the carousel ride. On the way, both of them saw Ting walking all alone in the park.


"Ting!!!!" shouted Ning.


But, Ting did not hear Ning at all. She continued on walking, ignoring the shouts of Ning.


"TING!!!!!! TING!!!!" Ning continued to shout, but to no avail.


Ning ran up to Ting, trying to catch up with her. Ning tapped the shoulders of Ting to grab her attention.


"AHHHHH!!! Who's that?"


"It's me. What are you thinking of? And where's Show? I thought he was with you".


"I just met up with Arron. He's back".


"You mean..... Oh my..... How could this happen? I thought you and Arron would not meet after all the planning we...."


"What do you mean by that? Don't tell me you knew that Arron was back in Taiwan a long time ago? Why didn't you tell me?"


"I.... I.... just didn't want you to meet him again. I know that you would get all upset and stuff. I'm really sorry".


"That's not important anymore, Ting. Does Show knows about Arron? I think it'll be better if you explain what's going on between you and Show. He needs to know. I think we should accompany you to look for Show".

No comments: