Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 16

Chapter 16: The Airport

"Kiki... Did you manage to see them?" asked Fifi.

"..."

"I couldn't see Jaejoong at all... There were so many fans... I only saw U-Know and Max..." commented Theo.

Fifi nudged Theo. Both of them looked at me with concern. I was staring at the marbled floor mutedly, oblivious to their bantering. Fifi squatted down, and shook my shoulder.

"Kiki?? Are you okay?"

I shook my head while staring mutedly at the floor.

"We'd better get you up first. Can you stand?" said Theo.

I didn't respond. I was too stunned to speak. Fifi and Theo looked at each other. And they reached to pull me up.

"It's okay girls... I just need to be alone for a while.. Why don't you leave first? I'll hang around here for a while before I leave..."

"You sure?"

I nodded.

"Okay, then we'll leav first... Give us a call when you reach home okay?"

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Minutes ago on TVXQ's bus...

"Guys, we've already checked in for you online... Cos there're too many fans hangin around the airport... We'll be going straight into the departure gate later... So everyone keep close and don't get left behind... Here are your passports and your boarding passes..."

Xiah nudged Jaejoong.

"Hyung... We're moving in straight... How are we going to meet the girls before we leave?"

"I don't know... Looks like we can't..."

"Come one guys! It's time to go!"

The guys were being ushered into the gate straight. Screaming fans can be seen everywhere, surrounding them and tugging at them mercilessly.

Jaejoong looked frantically around behind his shades.

"U-Know... I'm going to try to get away in the chaos and find Kiki... I'll meet you guys at the gate. If our manager asks, just tell him I've gone to the restroom and will catch up with you guys..."

"Hyung.." U-Know grabbed Jaejoong.

Jaejoong looked at U-Know.

"Be careful... Don't let the fans maw you..." U-Know said and smiled.

Jaejoong smiled, "Yeh, I know..."

And he flipped up his hoodie and pushed his way back as the other guys were ushered forward. In the chaos, no one noticed that he was slipping away.

"Where are you??!!! Kiki!!!" Jaejoong said to himself, as his eyes searched the airport frantically. He saw the fans follow the guys to the departure gate and waited around till the fans left before he went near the gate to search.

Then he found me sitting at a bench near the gate, staring mutedly and expressionless, at the marble floor, with bandaged knees and swollen ankle, without a shoe.

"Thank God! You're still here..."

He walked briskly over to me, and stopped in front of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why are you ALWAYS alone when I find you? Are you a Lone Ranger?"

I looked up when I heard his voice. My face changed when I saw him. The tears that I was fighting back just flowed out uncontrollably when I saw him.

"You're still HERE!!!" I struggled to try to push myself up to a standing position, but unsuccessfully.

He placed his hand on my face, and wiped the tears away. Then he kneed down in front of me.

"Mianeyo I made you cry again..."

I smiled and hugged him.

"You're still here...."

"Yeh... I promised that I'll see you at the airport, and I can't leave before I see you once more..."

I pulled myself away from him.

"Jaejoong..."

"Yeh?"

"I know I'm probably never going to see you again... But I just wanted you to know... That... Sarangheyo..."

I moved closer to him and kissed him on his lips. It was a long and painful farewell kiss. My tears were flowing uncontrollably when I kissed him. I pulled myself away.

"I think you have to leave now... Otherwise your manager will get suspicious..."

He stroked my face lovingly.

"Don't say that... I'll keep in contact... I want you to stay... in my life... Cos..."

"Jaejoong..."

He pulled my face close to his until our foreheads touched.

"Sarangheyo...."

I looked at him in shock. He smiled and he tilted his head to plant a kiss on my forehead. Then he tilted back to look at me.

"Now... will you give me a kiss to remember you by, before I leave?"

I smiled, and put my hand around his neck, pulling him nearer as I leaned in to kiss him. The scene reminded me of my dream about him being called for war and me "proposing" to him, the night before...

After a long and passionate kiss, we pulled overselves apart.

"Sarangheyo... Kiki-ssi... I'll miss you... You must keep in contact okay?"

I smiled, "You're still calling me Kiki-ssi?? So formal??"

He smiled, "Yeh... My bad... Kiki...", his face turned serious, "Sarangheyo... Kiki..."

I smiled, "Sarangheyo... Joongie... You WILL call me when you can right?"

"Yeh... I will... EVERYDAY... I'll Skype you... So that I can hear... your voice... And I can see... your face... EVERYDAY... " He winked cheekily.

I looked down shyly, "Okay... We'll Skype each other..."

I walked him over to the departure gate, and watched as he went in, and waved back at me, before walking away.

"So long my love... Even if I'll never see you again... You'll always be in my heart and mind..." I murmured.

2 comments:

tedheads said...

at least there's some sort of proper gdbye for kiki and jae joong.... is kiki going to chase after jae joong and go all the way to korea....???? that will be interesting.... hahahahah....

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

we'll see....