Monday, May 14, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Hello Again...

I stared at him in shock. He just kept looking at me with his serious and pleading eyes. I bit my lip and replied.

"Anio... I can't..."

He looked at me in surprise. I guess he thought that I would have agreed.

"Huh? Wae?"

"You just finish your hot chocolate and head on back to your house..." I said, standing up and carrying on with my packing.

He stood up and came over in front of the table to face me.

"Wae? I thought you said I can do anything I want as long as it's not in the public?"

I looked up at him.

"Yes, I did say that. But I said I just meant holding hands and hugging. Nothing more."

"But you said anything..."

I was quite frustrated with myself for having said something that I shouldn't have. And now it's coming back to haunt me.

"YOU can do anything you want... But that doesn't mean that I have to go along with it right? I have my own mind... I can think for myself..."

"But we've been apart for so long... I miss you so much... Can't you let me spend more time with you? Now that you're here?"

He looked pleadingly at me. A part of me would love to say yes to him, but then my conscious mind just would not like my heart make the decision this time...

"We can spend time together... In the day... Not at night... Not like this... It's just not appropriate..."

"Aren't WE the ones in love? Can't WE decide for ourselves what is APPROPRIATE or not?"

"Anio we can't... It's not fair to the rest..."

"What's this gotta do with the rest..." He retorted heatedly.

I looked at him in frustration. The argument was going nowhere. And we were both becoming more and more hotheaded. Yes we are both very stubborn when we are bent on getting something our way. Typical of Aquarius and Taurus signs.

"I think I can handle these by myself. Why don't you just head on back..." I walked past Jaejoong and grabbed his arm, pulling him out of the room.

"I'M NOT FINISHED YET!!! DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!!" he yelled, flinging my arm away.

I was shocked by his sudden outburst. But my mood wasn't exactly very good too.

"FINE! YOU JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE... IF YOU DON'T WANNA GO BACK, YOU CAN TAKE THE COUCH..."

I stormed into my room, slamming the door behind me. I stood with my back against the door for a while and took a few deep breathes of air into my heated system. My face was burning up and my temples were pounding, making me have a headache. I locked the door and buried myself under the duvet covers. I shut my eyes tightly and tried to sleep. Suddenly I felt a drop of tear flow down my face. I was crying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaejoong watched as I stormed into the room, not knowing what to say.

"... Why are you so angry? I just wanted you to be the first person that I see when I wake up in the morning... Is that so wrong?..."

He murmured to himself, sitting down on the couch.

He sat staring at my door for some time.

"I guess you're not going to relent that easily this time..."

He lied down on the couch, and attempted to make himself comfortable.

"Jaljayo (Goodnight)..."

He shut his eyes and tried to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I startled from my sleep and awoke. My pillow was wet from my tears, I had cried myself to sleep. My throat felt dry and sore from the crying and I wanted to get myself a drink from the kitchen. I got out of the bed and opened the door slightly. I popped my head out and realized that the lights were off.

"I guess he had most likely gone back already..." I thought to myself.

I walked over to the kitchen without switching on the lights.

"Bbbbbbrrrrrrrr......."

"Huh? What's that sound? "

I turned and tried to squint my eyes to see in the minimal light. The sound had stopped. So I brushed it off as my own imagination, and moved on to the kitchen to get my water. When I reached the kitchen, I switched on the kitchen counter light, poured myself a glass of water, and started drinking.

"Bbbbbbrrrrrrrr......."

This time I almost choked on my water when I heard the sound. I looked over to the living room area, where the sound was coming from, as I walked over slowly with my glass of water. As I moved closer to the living room, I saw a movement on the couch, immediately I dashed to switch on the lights.

As the lights came on, I was shocked to see Jaejoong shivering and tossing on the couch.

I rushed over to the couch, and kneed down beside the couch, shaking him to wake him up.

"Joongie... Joongie... Wake up... Wake up... Are you cold?"

He opened his eyes, and rubbed them sheepishly, and shivered.

"It's morning already? Feels like I just fell asleep... Bbbbbbbrrrrrr...."

"Anio it's only 3am. Why are you sleeping here? Why didn't you go back home to sleep?"

"You said if I wanted to stay I can take the couch... So I did..."

He sat himself up, and pulled me up to sit beside him on the couch.

I looked at him in disbelief.

"I just said that in anger... You could have just gone back home to your bed... It's quite cold tonight... You're gonna catch a cold like that..."

"It's okay... Gwenchanayo... Cos you're... with me..."

He reached over to put his arm around me.

"*sign* you are so stubborn... Let me see if I have a spare duvet for you..." I stood up and went to my room and rummaged through the cupboards to search for a spare duvet, but unsuccessfully.

He strolled into my room and leaned against the door ledge as I rummaged the cupboards.

"ARGH!!! What kind of house has just ONE duvet!!!" I said in frustration.

"A NEW house?"

I looked up at him from the cupboards.

"You are still in the mood to joke?"

"Hee hee... You're right... Bad timing... Mianeyo..." He covered his mouth shyly as his giggled and made an innocent face when he apologised.

"Don't give me that innocent face... I'm not falling for it..."

I got up and walked over to him. He stood up straight when I reached the doorway.

"So what do we do now?"

I pouted. Frankly speaking, I didn't know what to do with him. He doesn't want to go home. And I don't want him to freeze out on the couch.

"You want me to go back and grab my duvet from the house?"

"OF COURSE NOT!!! EVERYONE'S GONNA KNOW YOU'RE STAYING OVERNIGHT HERE IF YOU DO THAT!!!"

I stared at him wide-eyed.

"Just joking... Just joking..."

I bit my lip and thought hard.

"You know... I know what to do..."

"What?"

"If you'll just let me hug you to sleep then I won't be cold anymore..."

I looked at him in despair.

"Didn't we already have this conversation just now? I said 'NO' okay... So stop thinking of that anymore... Think of something else... AND I'm not going to sleep on the couch when I have my own cosy bed... Which crazy person will do that?"

He pouted his mouth defiantly.

"Me."

I looked at him apologetically.

"Mianeyo... I didn't mean to... ARGH... Joongie... Just go home will you?" I begged desperately.

"Anio. If there's nothing else, I'm going back to sleep... At your couch..."

I grabbed his arm.

"ARGH!!! You're driving me crazy..."

He turned to look at me in anticipation.

"All right. All right... You can share my duvet. But don't you dare come near me... Or I'll kick you out of my house if I have to..."

"Really?" He looked at me in wide-eyed wonder.

"Ne..." I replied in despair.

"Sarang hamnida..." He reached over and gave me a kiss on my cheek, "Jaljayo..."

And he plunked himself onto the bed and buried himself in the duvet.

"Hey! I didn't say that you can sleep on the bed!"

"But you said I can share the duvet with you. How else are we going to share?"

"You're supposed to sleep on the floor!!!"

"No way... It's so hard... I'd rather sleep on the couch if I have to sleep on the floor..."

"JOONGIE!!! You can't do this!!! Get off my bed!!!"

I tried to tug the duvet away from him, and pull him off the bed. But he resisted and pulled the duvet back. After a few unsuccessful tug-of-wars, I was panting from the effort.

"Just come to bed will you... I won't do anything... I promise..." He said underneath the duvet.

"*sign* I guess I have no choice..." I thought to myself, and I walked over to the other side of the bed, and slipped myself inside the warm duvet.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next morning...

"Thanks for letting me stay... Even though its not willingly... But I'm happy... Cos I just wanted you to be the first person that I see when I wake up in the morning..." Jaejoong thought to himself.

Jaejoong was facing me as I slept soundly on the bed, as I had turned towards the inside of the bed in my sleep. He reached over and parted some stray hairs covering from my face. I stirred in my sleep and woke up when he hand brushed against my face gently. I woke up, and rubbed my eyes.

"You look so peaceful when you're sleeping..."

Suddenly I realised that I wasn't the only one in the room. I opened my eyes and saw Jaejoong looking at me from the other side of the bed. I shot up from the bed, adjusting my hair and clothes awkwardly.

"AHHH!!! How come you're looking at me when I'm sleeping? Why didn't you wake me?"

"Cos you looked so tired... I wanted you to rest a bit more..." He sat up.

"Yeah... but you shouldn't be looking at me like that when someone is sleeping!!! It's weird..."

"Why is it weird?"

"I mean... I wake up and see someone else's face staring at me... It's weird..."

"Ha ha... I think it's okay... I like to watch you sleep..."

"For how long were you watching me? I mean how long have you been awake?"

"For about an hour I think..."

"ARHGHHHHH!!! I can't believe you... AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" I dashed out of the room into the bathroom, and washed up hurriedly.

*Knock knock*

"Can I come in?"

"NOOOOO!!!!!"

He opened the door nevertheless, since it was unlocked.

"Joongie, I said 'NO'!!!"

I stood behind the door and tried to push it back shut.

"But I need to use the bathroom..."

"Oh..."

I let go of the door and let him come in.

"You should have said so..."

I moved myself away from the toilet bowl and tried to squeeze past him out of the small bathroom.

He grabbed my arm, and said cheekily, "You can stay behind and finish up if you want to... I don't mind..."

"I MIND!!!"

He leaned towards me and questioned me, "REALLY???!!!!"

"YES!!! Let me go out first before you do ANYTHING!!!"

I pushed his arm aside, and pushed my way out of the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

"Ha ha ha ha ha...." I could hear Jaejoong's musical laughter from behind the door.

I shook my head and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" There are many coincidental moments in life, two straight lines might just have a chance encounter and meet one day."

No comments: