Thursday, May 10, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Tonight

"Hey guys, I not going to join you guys for the food. You can finish it all up... Don't waste Kiki's efforts. I'm going to take a shower first..."

"Okay... hyung... We'll finish up the food... You go ahead and enjoy your shower..."

"Okay..."

Jaejoong turned and walked into his room, grabbed a set of clothes and a towel from the closet and went to the bathroom for his shower. As he was showering, the rest of the guys were scoffing themselves silly at the dining table.

"Phew, that was close. Luckily he didn't suspect anything."

"Yeh... I think he's too dazed from the goodnight kiss to think of anything..."

"Ha ha ha... Yeh... I think so too... Wow I really love this chilli crabs... I think I'm going to put on weight if Kiki cooks such good stuff for us everyday..."

"Oh yeah... Regarding that... I wonder what was the other thing that nuna would rather not do than to cook for us everyday... Anything would seem like a better choice than this... Not easy to cook for so many people everyday..."

"Yeah I think so too... What could hyung have asked her to do???"

All four of them paused from their eating and thought for a while...

"Maybe he wanted her to do his laundry everyday? Or wash our dishes? Cos I know nuna hates to wash dishes..."

"I think it's something more extreme than those... Has to be..."

They frowned and thought further, while pausing to eat some food at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Phew at last the LAST dish is clean... Gosh I HATE washing dishes... EEKS... Time to take a nice long bath..."

I walked into the bedroom, and opened up the two suitcases, and emptied out the rest of the folded clothes, etc into the cupboard and onto the bed. I took out a set of clothes, towel and toiletries and went into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I KNOW!!! He asked her to give him a goodnight kiss everyday!!!"

"If it's that, then why would she do it still just now... AND cook for us everyday?"

"Oh yeah..."

"*sign* I think we'd better start eating and think later... The food's getting cold..."

"Okay..."

The guys continued eating and finished up all the food. After they finished, they piled the dishes in the basin, and moved to the living room sofa area to continue their conversation, and watch some korean drama.

"Any ideas after filling your stomaches?"

"Erm... not really... this is hard..."

"And I'm feeling a bit sleepy from eating all the food..."

"Yeah me too... Too full... *yawn*"

"How come hyung's taking so long in the shower today... *yawn yawn*"

After watching Tv for a while, a few of them slowly dozed off on the sofa. When Jaejoong walked out from the bathroom, he saw the pile of dishes at the basin.

"GUYS!!! NOT AGAIN!!! Can't anyone wash the dishes after you eat?"

"zzzzzzzz"

"GUYS!!!!"

The guys were dead to the world, so they were not able to hear Jaejoong's complaints. Being a cleanliness freak, Jaejoong couldn't stand leaving dirty dishes around the basin. So he pushed up his sleeves and started washing the dishes. When he was done, the guys were still sleeping on the sofa. He glanced at the clock on the wall and realised that it was already 10pm. Then he looked at the door.

"I wonder if Kiki's done cleaning yet..."

He turned back and took a glance at the guys sleeping soundly on the sofa.

"Doesn't hurt to pop over for a look right?"

And he sneaked out of the door quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"AAAAHHHHHH... How I LOVE soaking in the bath tub... *splish splash splish splash* relieves all the stress in a day..."

*DING DONG DING DONG*

"Argh... Who could it be at this time? Interupting my bath... Let's just see if the person perseveres, if not it probably can wait till tomorrow... AND I can continue with my bath... *snigger*..."

I tilted my head to strain to hear if the doorbell rang again. It didn't. So I submerged myself fully into the water, enjoying the warmth of the hot water against my tired muscles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hmm... she's not coming to the door... Maybe she's got her hands full at the moment... Let me just wait for a while..."

Jaejoong paced around the door as he waited.

15 minutes later, he was still pacing outside the door. And was starting to become a bit anxious on what was happening inside the house.

"How come she's taking so long? Can't be anything happened right? I'd better give her a call..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*It's time for love, somebody to love...*

"Ah... my handphone's ringing..."

I pushed myself up from the tub, hurriedly wrapped myself in the towel, and rushed into the living room to get my handphone. A shiver went down my back as I walked out to the living room.

"Bbbbbbrrrrrr... It's cold out here..."

I grabbed my phone and answered it without looking.

"Yoobbbooooseeeeyoooo..."

"Kiki... Did anything happen just now?" Jaejoong's anxious voice was heard on the other side of the line.

"Joongie??? No... why??"

"Cos you didn't answer the door... And I..."

"WHAT???!!! You were the one at the door just now?"

"Yeah... I thought you may need some help cleaning up, so I came over to help out..."

"Oh... It's okay... I'm done already..."

"Then how come you didn't answer the door just now?"

"Oh I was in the middle of my..." I stopped myself just in time before I blurted out the embarrassing truth.

"I was in the middle of unpacking my stuff, so I didn't hear the doorbell inside the room..."

"Oh... Bbbbbrrrrr..."

"Are you okay? Is it cold over at your house too? The heater is not very strong eh? Mine too..."

"Erm... I don't know... But it's cold tonight... And... I'm not inside the house..."

"You're NOT??!!!!"

"Yeah... I'm still outside your door now... Bbbbbbrrrr..."

"OH GOSH!!!" I dashed to the door, and opened it slightly. Just as I opened it, a gush of cold wind entered the door, and blew against my wet skin. I shivered, and then I realised that I only had a towel around me.

"OH SHIT!!!" I slammed the door back shut, and dashed into the bathroom to rinse off the rest of the bubbles and quickly dried myself before putting on my clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaejoong was still pacing around the door when I opened it slightly, and he actually moved back to the door. But just as he saw the door slightly ajar, showing my face, I slammed it back shut. So he was totally taken aback by the sudden move to notice anything.

He blinked for a few times from the shock, and then he spoke into the phone again, "Kiki?? Anything wrong? What's happening inside?"

"Erm nothing... Just hang on a minute... I'll be right out..."

He waited anxiously for another 5 minutes before my face emerged from the door, smiling embarrassedly, with hair dripping wet.

"Sorry about just now... Making you wait for so long... I didn't hear the doorbell ring..."

"That's okay... bbbbbrrrr..." He shivered as another gush of cold wind blew past the corridor.

I looked at him sympathetically. Should I let him in, or should I not?

Micky's words flashed back in my mind. Then I looked at Jaejoong, determined to persuade him to go back to his house.

"It's quite cold tonight, huh? Bbbbbrrrr.... Is it usually this cold this time of the year?"

"Well, it's quite cold here most of the time... bbbbbbrrrr...."

He moved nearer to the door, "Can we go in first? I'm kinda shivering here... And so are you", he placed his hand on my shivering shoulder.

I looked up at him uncertainly. Not knowing how to reject him. He had looked at me with those wide and pleading eyes of his, and I felt another shiver go down my back. I took a step back to let him in. As I took a step back, he moved into through the door, and slided his arm around my
shoulders, pulling me nearer to him, as I closed the door.

"Gosh... This is so much warmer..."

I looked up at him and said, "Since I made you wait for so long outside in the cold just now, why don't you stay here until you warm myself up? I'll make you some hot chocolate... With marshmallows..."

He smiled, "That'll be nice... Kamsahamnida..."

I walked towards the kitchen, and took out a cup and the hot chocolate and marshmallows.

"Aren't you going to make one for yourself too?" He asked as he walked towards me from the door.

"Oh... I think I'd better not... Dinner was quite filling for me... Can't eat too much at night especially, cos I gain weight very easily..."

Suddenly I felt him slipped his arms around me and hugged me from the back, propping his head on my left shoulder.

"But it's lonely to drink hot chocolate alone at night..."

"I know... But I'm not like you guys... Can keep your figures so well even though you eat so much..."

"That's cos we work and train too hard..."

"Maybe..."

"So will you drink with me?"

"But I'm like Kim Sam-soon, I can gain weight just by drinking plain water..."

"Hee hee... Please... The girls nowadays are so thin that they look like stick insects... Their limps look like chopsticks... And they're so bony... Not nice to hug at all... You're just fine as you are..." He squeezed me tighter.

"But..."

"Pleeeeaaaasssseeeee...."

"I..."

He pouted his lips, and blinked his big eyes innocently, which made me start laughing.

"I'll take that as a YES..."

"Ha haa... Okay... Okay... You win... I'll drink with you..."

I reached to take another cup, but he grabbed hold of that hand, and pulled it back.

"It's fine, you don't have to make another one, we can share this one..."

Once I pulled back my hand, he returned his hand to the original position of hugging me. I turned and looked at him. He was waiting in anticipation for me to add in the marshmallows. I turned back to the cup of hot chocolate and opened up the bag of marshmallows.

"Do you want A LOT? Or a just little?"

"What do you think?"

"A LOT..." I replied, biting my lip, as I grabbed a bunch and sprinkled them into the hot chocolate. We watched in anticipation as they expanded like puffy little life buoys floating on top of the sea of chocolate.

I scooped up one from the cup and brought it into my mouth.

"Mmmmmm.... Delicious..."

"Let me try one..."

I scooped another one and brought it to his mouth. And I watched as he gave the same expression as me when I enjoyed my sinful desserts. I smiled, and took up the cup.

"Shall we enjoy this at the sofa where its more comfortable?"

"Okay..."

He released his arms around my waist and let me walk with the overflowing cup of hot chocolate over to the sofa area. I placed the cup down on the coffee table, and sat down on the sofa. He walked over and eased himself onto the empty spot next to me, putting his arm around my
shoulders, and turning himself so that he could look at me.

"Aren't you going to drink it when it's warm?"

"Oh yeah..."

He reached over to the coffee table and took the cup in his free hand. He released his arm from my shoulders to scoop a soupful of melted marshmallow with hot chocolate, and brought it to his mouth. Another expression of sheer enjoyment. Then he placed the spoon back into the cup and
stirred the melted marshmallows into the hot chocolate, then he took a sip from the cup.

"Nice?"

He nodded his head.

"Feeling any warmer?"

He shook his head.

"Huh? How come?"

"Cos you're not sharing it with me..."

I smiled, "Ah... you're so persistent... okay... let me take a sip..."

I reached for the cup and took it from him, and took a sip from the cup. I felt a gush of adrenaline go through my body as the chocolate entered my system.

"That's better... I'm feeling warmer already..."

"You're so dramatic you know..."

"I know... That's why you love me right?"

He stared at me with a meaningful look in his eyes. I looked back down at the cup and took another sip. He reached over and grabbed the cup from my hands, and took it away. Then he took a sip from the cup and placed it on the coffee table. He reached his hand over and pushed some stray hair away from my face.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah..."

"Why is your hair so wet?"

Suddenly I realise that my hair was still wet from the shower, and I grabbed my head awkwardly.

"Erm... I... cos I showered just now... That's why its so wet..."

"But I thought you said you were unpacking just now..."

"Oh... I did it before I started unpacking..." I retorted awkwardly.

"Wow... your hair sure takes a long time to dry..." He replied half-suspectingly.

"Hee hee... Yeah I guess..."

Jaejoong looked around and noticed that the boxes were still intact in the living room. Then he recalled about the door slamming incident earlier. And together with the wet hair, he pieced together what had happened earlier. He giggled.

"Why are you suddenly giggling?"

"You were showering when I was at the door earlier isn't it?"

".... WHO SAID THAT??!!!! I said I was unpacking!!!"

"But I remember that you were only in a towel at the door just now... When you slammed it..."

"You mean you saw me..."

Jaejoong giggled even more.

"HEY!!! How dare you tease me when you're the one who interrupted my..."

I stopped myself before I blurted out the truth again. Jaejoong ceased laughing and turned to look at me.

"Interrupted your what? Shower? Bath? And you came to answer the door when you knew I was there, in only a... hee hee... towel??"

I turned away and shifted myself away from him. I was furious. He was the one who interupted my precious bath time and now he's teasing me for opening the door for him, when I knew that he was freezing outside. And I even invited him in and treat him to hot chocolate with marshmallows... So much for being grateful...

"Say whatever you want... Just finish the drink and head on back... I still have to unpack my stuff now..." I said coldly and stood up, and walked to pick up one of the boxes in the living room, and stormed into the work room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaejoong watched as I stormed into the work room. He knew I was upset by his teasing, and he felt bad for making stupid jokes when in fact he felt touched by my self-less actions.

He took the remaining box in the living room and took it into the work room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Max and Xiah had did a good job patching up the computer system, and all I had to do now was to arrange my files and stationary, etc. I was taking out the files and books from the box when Jaejoong walked in with the other box.

As I was still angry, I ignored him. I carried on with my unpacking until the bottom, where there was a pile of papers. I reached in and tried to pull them out.

"Ouch!"

When I pulled the papers out, I got cut by some of the papers. And my finger was bleeding slightly. Instinctively, I usually put the finger in my mouth to suck on the cut to ease the pain. But before I could react, Jaejoong had heard my cry of pain, and dashed over to my side, and
grabbed hold of my hand. When he saw the paper cut on my bleeding finger, he pushed my finger into his mouth and sucked on the cut.

I stared at my finger in his mouth, and I could feel the pain easing away. He took the finger out to take a look.

"Are you okay? The bleeding's stopped now. The cut is quite deep. Is it still very painful?"

He looked at me worriedly, while grabbing onto my hand and inspecting the paper cut on my finger.

I shoke my head.

"No wait... Do you have a first aid kit? Is it in the kitchen? Let me put a plaster on it first..."

He dashed out and came back with a plaster and some medication a few minutes later. He grabbed my hand and was just about to put the medicine on when I pulled my hand away.

"It's just a paper cut. I'm okay. There's no need to bandage it..."

He grabbed my hand back and held it against his chest and his arm, to prevent me from pulling it back, and used his free hand to open up the medicine. I tried to pull my hand back but unsuccessfully. When the medicine was on the cotton bud, he released my hand, and applied the medicine gently on my finger, blowing on it intermittently. Before finally putting on the plaster.

"Yeogi... It's done..." And he kissed the bandaged finger.

I tried to pull my hand back again, but he held on to it tightly.

"Mianeyo. I shouldn't have teased you just now. You were just being nice to bother to rush out to open the door for me. Joesong hamnida... It's all my fault that you're injured now..." He shook his head looking down apologetically at my injured finger.

My heart relented when I saw his face. I shoke my head, and placed my free hand on his face.

"It's not your fault really... This is an accident... I'm fine really..."

"Mianeyo..."

"Joongie..."

He looked up at me. I leaned over, put my arms around his neck, and gave him a hug. I felt his arms going around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"I'm fine... It's not your fault..."

"I can't bear to see you cry or get hurt... It breaks my heart... Even if it's not my fault... I still feel bad..." He squeezed me tighter.

"I know... But it really isn't your fault... So don't feel so bad... Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?"

He pulled himself away, so that he was facing me.

"Will you let me stay with you tonight?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you."

No comments: