Monday, January 14, 2008

Destined 遐想 - Chapter 40 [The End]

Chapter 40: Destined

Yasuo giggled excited in his usual high pitched chuckles.

Ying: Naughty... boy...

Roy stared in utter shock at the sight before him.

Ying's hand had grabbed Yasuo and pulled him back onto her. And since Yasuo would giggle excitedly everytime Ying touched him, he was now filling the entire room with his loud chuckles, cos his mummy was now holding him in her arms and speaking to him for the very first time.

Roy stumbled over to Ying's bed and grabbed her hand tightly.

Roy: You're awake!!!! Please tell me this is real!!!! And I'm not dreaming!!!

Ying: Yes... I'm awake... You're not dreaming... And you're hurting my hand...


Roy: YING!!!!


He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly. Tears flowed from his eyes. The emotions that he had been withholding for the entire period when she was unconscious overflowed all at once.

Ying: You're squashing Yasuo... Roy...

Roy: Oops...


He pulled himself apart from the hug and smiled embarrassedly. Both Ying and Yasuo smiled at Roy.

Ying: Give me the mitten... I'll put it back on for him...

Roy passed the mitten to her and she slipped it gently back onto Yasuo's hand.

Ying: There... Aren't you an adorable baby? Let Mummy give you a kiss...

She bent down and gave Yasuo a peck on his forehead. Yasuo gave another loud excited squeal in response.

Roy: Let me carry him, you just woke up... You must be feeling weak... I should go get the doctor to come and check on you...

Ying: It's okay... I want to hold him for a while... You can go get the doctor...


Roy got up and walked towards the door. Then he came back.

Ying: Forgot something?

Roy: Yeah... Promise me that you guys will both be here when I'm back...


Ying: Yes... We will...


He leaned in and kissed Ying gently on her lips.

Roy: I love you... Thanks for waking up...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the doctor gave Ying a thorough check-up, she was confirmed healthy and she could be discharged after a week's observation just to make sure everything was fine. Roy couldn't contain his excitement. He called everyone immediately and informed all of them that she had woken up, and moved the celebration for Yasuo's full month to her room instead. Everyone came over to Ying's room to visit her.

Ning: Ying... Oh my gosh... You are finally awake couz... you've been asleep for too long... who did you think you were? Sleeping beauty?

Ying: Ha ha ha... I don't think I am THAT beautiful to be called that...


Roy: Well you are... to me...


Jun: Since when did you learn to be so glib-tongued? I thought you were always the most quiet one???


Roy: I don't know... Maybe it's cos I've been talking so much while she was asleep... since Yasuo can't talk... and she wasn't responding to me...


Wilbur: I don't think talking a lot equals to becoming glib-tongued... Otherwise Zax should be a very smooth-talker now... Since he talks so much...


Zax: Hey!!! I didn't even say anything... And who says that I am not a smooth-talker? I am a host okay!!!


Ting: Ha ha ha... Guys... I think you are making too much noise... Bring it down... Or the nurse will come anytime soon...


Show: That's right... We'd better lower the volume or we'll disturb the other patients... We should definitely take this out somewhere else... When can you be discharged Ying? Can't wait for a huge celebration party...


Milk: Drop it guys... You're gonna give Ying a headache... And make Yasuo cry... Let me see how is my god-son doing first...


Milk walked over to Ying who was carrying Yasuo, Milk reached over to try to take him from her arms, and Yasuo's face started to change.

Zax: I think you'd better step aside for the next better player... He looks like he's going to cry... Come on Yasuo... let god-daddy Zax carry you...

Zax tried to baby talk to Yasuo before trying to take him from Ying's arms, and when he was laughing at Zax, Zax took him from Ying. But again, once his body left Ying's arms, his face changed.

Wilbur: Ha ha ha... Ahem... I think he prefers a more handsome god-daddy to carry him... Yasuo... god-daddy Wilbur will carry you... come on sonny boy...

Wilbur too tried to carry Yasuo, but again the same thing happened.

Wilbur: What's wrong Yasuo? You don't like your god-daddies anymore?

Yasuo smiled at them and turned back to look at Ying.

Roy: I think he just wants his mummy now...

Ying smiled and looked at Yasuo, who smiled back at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was time for Ying to return home. Roy had been waiting too long for this day. He had prepared the house for her return since the day he first bought it. It was furbished as a home for a married couple with a baby. At long last, the place would finally have a lady of the house. He would propose to her tonight during dinner and make her his forever. He never wanted her to leave him again.

Roy: Welcome to our home!!!

Ying walked into the apartment slowly, looking around as she walked in with Yasuo in her arms.

Roy: You want a tour of the house?

Ying: Okay...


Roy: We'll go to Yasuo's room first so you can put him down in his crib... Come...


Roy ushered Ying to Yasuo's room, and she placed him into his crib. The room was painted baby blue, there were clouds with a rainbow and a sun on the ceiling, and it had loads of toys and baby essentials neatly arranged in the ample cupboards.

Roy: Let's go check out the kitchen now...

He guided her back out to the kitchen, it was all in silver and white. A very clean and modern look. Even the fridge was made of stainless steel. There was a wide working area and 3 stoves, with an oven and microwave. There was even an espresso maker.

Roy: Last but not least...

Roy took Ying's hand and brought her to the master bedroom. She felt her heart beat faster when he opened the door to the room and she saw a king size bed inside, with a LCD TV hanging on the wall opposite the bed. The room was painted in a dreamy shade of sky blue, again the ceilings had clouds, rainbow and a sun.

Roy: And the toilet... You'll love it...

Roy pulled her over to the attached toilet. There was a massage jacuzzi inside, along with a shower cubicle which was partitioned with clear glass. The toilet was tiled in a lighter shade of sky blue.

Ying walked back out to the living room and sat down.

Roy: So what do you think? You like it?

Ying nodded.

Roy's thoughts: Great!!!

Ying: Your house looks nice...


Roy's thoughts: It's yours too...


Ying: Since I've already brought Yasuo back... And he's not crying... I think I'd better go back to my apartment...


Roy: Don't you wanna stay here with us?

Ying: Erm... my stuff are all at my apartment...
and I need to get a change of clothes... This is what I wore when I first went into the hospital...

Roy: Okay then... I'll drive you back later... But let's have dinner first yeah... I've made something special for you...


Ying: Alright...

Roy: You wait over here at the living room first... I'll call you when the food's ready...

Ying: Okay...


Ying went over to the living room and took a seat on the sofa. She looked over at Roy who was busy pulling out stuff from the fridge. He smiled at her when he noticed her looking over at him. She smiled and turned back to look around the living room. There was a huge LCD TV on the wall, and loads of fancy players and audio equipment on the console. Ying was bored and so she wandered around the house again. She walked into a room that he didn't show her earlier. It was a soundproofed audio work room. She could see all his guitars, keyboards and audio mixing equipment in this room. It was really messy so she didn't enter the room. She closed the door and moved to Yasuo's room. Yasuo was having a good time by himself reaching for the hanging toys above him.

Ying: Yasuo...

When he heard her voice he squealed and moved even more excitedly, anticipating for Ying to carry him up. Ying moved next to the crib and reached down to carry him out of the crib.

Ying: Hey baby boy... Missed me?

Yasuo reached a mitten covered hand up, and Ying took it and gave it a kiss.

Ying: Yeah I missed you too... Let me see what Daddy bought you that you can play with now...

She took some toys from the cupboard and sat down to play with Yasuo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roy: Ying... Dinner's ready...

Roy turned around and noticed that she wasn't in the living room anymore. He walked towards the rooms and found her sitting on the floor playing with Yasuo in her arms.

Roy's thoughts: I think it shouldn't be hard to get her to say yes... Cos I have a strong advantage in my favour... Yasuo...

Roy: Dinner's ready...


Ying: Oh...


Roy walked over to them. He bent down to take Yasuo from her arms and placed him back into the crib.

Roy: Sorry Yasuo... It's Daddy's turn with Mummy now... You can play with her later...

Ying laughed.

Ying: You make me sound like a toy...

Roy: Well... If you were I'd hide you away somewhere safe where no one else can take you away...


Roy reached his hand out to help Ying get up. Ying went over to the crib.

Ying: Yasuo... Mummy's gotta eat now... See you later... Let us know if you're hungry too okay...

Roy pulled Ying's hand to lead her out of the room.

Roy: Oh you bet he will...

When they walked towards the dining area, Ying noticed that Roy had dimmed the lights, and the place was lit with candles.

Ying: What's happened to the lights? How come you're using candles?

Roy: You know... We haven't had any candlelight dinner before when we were in Taiwan, since I was too poor as a student to afford it... So I'm making up for it now...


Ying: You really don't have to go to such extent for me you know... I'm fine with just a simple meal... And it's already special as you've cooked it yourself...


Roy: No I think you deserve something more... Cos you're special to me...


Ying: Awwwww... That's so sweet...


Roy pulled the chair for Ying to get into her seat, and waited for her to be seated comfortably before he went over to his own seat. There was a bowl of soup in front of her.

Roy: It's beetroot soup with carrots. Good for replenishing your blood platelets and your resistance...

Ying: Wow... Very well researched I see... Let me try...


Roy observed Ying as she took a sip from her spoon.

Ying: It's sweet and very nice...

Next he took away the soup when they had finished and served the main course - pan-seared cod fish steak with butter sauce with some blanched vegetables as side. Ying took a sniff of the plate before her.

Ying: Wow it smells really nice...

Roy: I prepared fish cos it's more healthy for you... We can have real steak when you get better...


Ying nodded and looked at the plate.

Roy: Go on... Have a taste...

Ying: Okay...


They enjoyed the meal together and last but not least was the dessert. It's almost the end of the meal. When was Roy intending to pop the question?

Roy: This is the last dish for the day... Your favourite... Dessert...

Ying: Yeah... Can't wait... Haven't had desserts for such a long time already...


Roy: I bought this... Cos you know I can't make desserts... So here's your favourite... cheese cake...


Ying: Oh fabulous... can't wait to taste it...


Ying enjoyed her dessert tremendously, unsuspecting and enjoying every forkful of the creamy sensation that overwhelmed her everytime she placed it into her mouth. Suddenly...

Ying's thoughts: Hmmm... How come there's something hard in the cake... Ying: It's just normal cheese cake right? No nuts or anything right?

Roy: Yeah it's just normal cheese cake... Why?


Ying: Nothing... I thought I felt something hard in the cake. Let me see what it is...


Ying slowly used her fork to pry the cake away to reveal what was the hard object that she had felt when she was eating. As she did it Roy slowly moved over to her side...

Then she saw it...

A princess cut white gold diamond ring...

Roy took the ring from her plate, and wiped it with a tissue before getting down to his knees in front of Ying.

Ying: Roy... I...

Roy placed a finger on her lips to stop her from saying anything.

Roy: Shhh... Let me say what I wanna say first...

Ying nodded her head and waited. Her heart felt like it was going to explode. Her head was dizzy with happiness. She felt like she couldn't breathe properly.

Roy: I still think it was a miracle when I first met you... I don't know how to repay you for appearing in my life... For bringing me back from the gallows of loneliness and emptiness... For giving me your love... For giving me the most wonderful gift in the world - Yasuo... And for waking up from your long sleep... The only way that I can think of is to spend the rest of my life taking care of you... pampering you... and loving you... Will you let me clear my debt this way?

Ying was lost for words. She hadn't expected this. Especially since she had just came out of the hospital. Everything was happening so fast. She didn't know that while she was comatose, he had been praying for this day, everyday... Roy took Ying's hand in his.

Roy: Will you marry me?

Ying: I...


Roy looked at Ying lovingly, anxiously awaiting her positive answer.

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH*

Both of them looked up in surprise. It was Yasuo crying.

Ying: Oh no... I think Yasuo's hungry... I'd better feed him first...

Ying left the table and rushed over to Yasuo's room, leaving Roy behind still kneeling and in shock.

Roy's thoughts: Yasuo!!!! Daddy was about to succeed and your cries spoilt everything!!!

He got up and walked towards Yasuo's room. The door was closed but slightly ajar. He pushed open the door and saw that Ying was breastfeeding Yasuo, who was now all quiet and blissfully feeding. When she saw him enter, she turned away from him embarassingly.

Roy: You know you don't have to be embarrassed. It's not like I've not seen you in the buff before...

Ying: SHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in front of the baby okay... And that was a long long time ago...

Roy: Yeah... But you're still the same...


Ying: Roy!!! Stop it...


Roy: Ha ha ha... Okay... Okay... I'll let you finish up with the baby tyrant first...


Roy walked out of the room mumbling angrily.

Roy: Naughty Yasuo... How dare you snatch Mummy away when it's Daddy's turn to spend time with her...

Ying smiled when he walked out and looked down at Yasuo.

Ying: Yeah... Naughty boy... I don't know how we're going to continue the meal later... Now that the momentum's been interupted... It's gonna be so awkward...

After Ying finished feeding Yasuo, she put him back into his crib. He had already fallen asleep. She walked back out into the kitchen area. Roy was already gone.

Ying's thoughts: Where could he have gone to?

She walked over to living room. Not there too. Then she wandered to his music work room. Indeed he was inside there.

Ying: How come you are here? Not eating anymore?

Roy turned around when he heard her voice.

Ying: Sorry... Am I disturbing you? I'll go on out first...

Roy dashed over and grabbed her hand.

Roy: No... It's okay... I was just listening to some of my music as I waited for you... I didn't know how long you'll take to get Yasuo to sleep... He always gives me a hard time when I try to put him to sleep...

Ying: Really? He fell asleep immediately after he had his fill...

Roy made a face.

Roy: That means he's been bullying me since day one...

Roy's thoughts: Or maybe its cos he knows I'm not his Mummy...

Roy: Only you can make him calm down as easily as you make him excited...

Ying: You've not spoken to him when he's feeding? I mean... I always spoke to him when he was still in my tummy... So maybe he's used to hearing my voice... So...

Roy pulled Ying closer to him, he couldn't take the suspense anymore. But yet he didn't know how to re-ask the question again, now that the entire mood has been destroyed by Yasuo. He looked at Ying. She looked back at him with a blur face.

Ying: I think it's time I head back... It's quite late already... And I really need to change out of these clothes...

Roy's face dropped. He loosened his arms around Ying.

Roy: Alright... I'll just go to the toilet first and grab my keys... Wait for me at the living room yeah...

Ying nodded. She walked out of the room and went to the living room. She wandered over to the dining area. The ring was still on the table. She took it and looked at it for a while. Then she slipped it into her wedding ring finger. Perfect fit... She smiled, and scribbled a note and placed it on the table and slipped out of the house quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roy: Alright... Let's go...

Roy walked out of the room into the living room. Ying was nowhere to be seen. He went from room to room and couldn't find her. Then he ran into the dining area and noticed that the ring was gone, and there was a note on the table.



He grabbed the note and stared hard at it. He couldn't believe his eyes. She had agreed! Since there was no one else in the house, and he sure didn't write the note, and Yasuo obviously can't write. It was definitely Ying who wrote it. He ran out of the house excitedly.

Ying was waiting for a cab at the front of the building. It had suddenly started raining, so she was moving backwards hurriedly to prevent herself from getting wet. And she felt herself bump into someone, and as she was trying to turn around to apologize for her blunder and to take a look at who it was, Ying felt a pair of arms go around her waist and pull her closer.

Roy: Why are you always leaving alone??? Or were you purposely making me come out to look for you, so that you can bump into me like this???

It was Roy.

Ying felt Roy prop his head on her shoulder, and she could feel the familiar warmth of his hug as he embraced her tighter into his arms.

Roy: Isn't this like when we were on summer vacation?

Ying: You still remember?

Roy: Yeah... I gave you the necklace then... Of course I remember...

Roy reached one of his hand down to grab Ying's left hand where she was wearing the ring, and raised it up.

Roy: Now... I'm giving you this...

He pulled her hand over and kissed the ring on her finger. Then suddenly, he slipped both of his hands under Ying and whipped her up into his arms, swirling her round and round.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One year later...

In the same cathedral where Roy met Ying...

They had their wedding...

On the same day...

Christmas Eve...

At the same time...

The ceremony started minutes before Christmas arrived so that they could be pronounced husband and wife at the stroke of midnight, when she first extended the invitation out to him...

It was a very non-conventional timing for a wedding, as it was Christmas eve, and most churches were busy having Christmas service, but Roy managed to convince them to let them have the wedding there as it was a special place and time for them. Invited guests were not many, but they were all close friends and relatives.

Roy was bleaming with joy when he stood at the front of the cathedral waiting for Ying to walk towards him. When the wedding march played, Ning and Jun entered the cathedral, pushing Yasuo in a stroller, who had the wedding rings on the small cushion on his lap. Next was Ting and Show. Roy fidgeted anxiously as he waited for Ying to enter. When he saw her walking in, he felt like his heart was going to explode and form fireworks in the sky. He was too happy for words. Finally she reached his side. He extended his arm out to her, and she slipped her hand around his arm.

The ceremony was too long for Roy. He was mentally counting down to midnight.

Master of Ceremony: ... I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now.

Roy turned to face Ying. The guests were now counting down from 10.

All: 10, 9, 8...

He flipped her veil gently over her head. He leaned in.

All: 7, 6, 5...

Roy: I love you...

All: 4, 3, 2...

Ying: I love you too...

All: 1!!!!!

Roy kissed Ying.

The crowd went crazy screaming and shouting and releasing poppers everywhere. It was a very happy and festive scenario. Everyone dashed forward to congratulate Roy and Ying. Ning carried Yasuo out from the stroller and brought him over to his parents. Roy took Yasuo from Ning.

Roy: Yasuo... Daddy did it!!!

Ying: Ha ha ha...

Both leaned in and gave Yasuo a kiss on his cheeks.

~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~

2 comments:

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

a 4 months late birthday gift for Roy...

happy birthday!!!!

hope e readers like e ending...

tedheads said...

e proposing with e ring one sounds familiar.... hahahahah.... finally u finished e story... and i have posted a comment... heehehehehehe