Sunday, January 20, 2008

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 55

Chapter 55: Miduhyo

Kiki: That was a close call...

Kiki immediately closed the door behind her and locked it. Then she realised that she couldn't lock it, cos Jaejoong was sharing the room with her. So she unlocked it and went into the bed, pulling the quilt over her entire head and trying to hide herself and pretend to sleep before Jaejoong came back in.

Jaejoong took a really fast shower. He got out of the shower dried himself and then he realised that he didn't have any dry clothes with him in the bathroom. Thinking the rest were all still busy in their rooms discussing, he sneaked out of the bathroom, tip-toeing with his wet clothes in his hand, while holding onto the towel wrapped around his lower body.

He went into the room and the lights were off, and Kiki was no where to be seen.

Jaejoong: Jagiya... Where are you?


Kiki (muffled reply from under the quilt): I'm sleeping already...

Jaejoong: I see... I forgot to bring some dry clothes over to the bathroom just now... I need to get changed now...


Kiki pulled the quilt even more over her head.

Jaejoong: *giggles* If you're sleeping already, I don't think you'll mind if I just do it here right? It's cold outside, and I'm only in a towel...

Kiki (muffled reply from under the quilt): Go ahead... I'm sleeping already...

Kiki could hear Jaejoong opening the cupboard and some random noises. She didn't even dare move. Her heart was beating so fast it was deafening. She kept her eyes shut tightly.

After some time, she heard the cupboard closing. Then there was silence. Kiki held her breath.

Kiki's thoughts: What is he doing now? Should have finished changing already by now right?

She strained her ears to hear if there was any sound in the room. There was nothing.

Suddenly...

The quilt was pulled away from Kiki.

Kiki: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Max: OH MY GOD!!!! The two of them are really noisy... I wonder what they are up to again... But... luckily we're already done!!! They can't disturb us anymore... And I am so hungry I can eat a horse...

Theo: Yeah me too... U-Know, how's your stomach now? Better? You wanna go grab some supper then?


U-Know: Yeah I'm fine... Yes, let's go...


The three of them went out of the house and left to go grab supper.

Meanwhile in Fifi, Micky and Xiah's room...

Fifi: Kiki's screaming AGAIN!!!

Micky: Don't bother... Probably hyung's disturbing her now...


Xiah: Ne... I think so too... He can be such a nuisance sometimes... Always doing silly things... Very un-hyung-like...


Micky: Look who's speaking...

Xiah: YAH!!! PARK YOOCHUN!!! Watch it okay!!!

Fifi: Ha ha ha... I'm gonna grab something to munch on... You guys want anything?

Xiah: Speaking of munchies... I'm feeling a bit hungry...


Micky: Yeah me too... Since we're done already, we might as well go and grab some supper...


Fifi: Okay... sounds good to me... I'll go inform the rest.


Micky: No need to inform them lah... Don't want Max and Theo to scold us for bothering them... Kiki's probably busy now... Don't want Jaejoong hyung coming to bother us tonight... AGAIN...


Fifi: Oh... You're right...

The trio leave the house to go grab supper too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaejoong: Why are you screaming? Can't I get into bed?

Kiki: Oh... Miane...

Kiki opened her eyes and realised that Jaejoong was already dressed and standing at the opposite side of the bed. Jaejoong climbed into the bed, faced himself towards the window (way from Kiki) and pulled the quilt over to his side, so much that Kiki was left out in the cold, as she was only in her Paul Frank shorts and t-shirt. Kiki reached over and tried to tug back a bit of the quilt so that she wouldn't be left out in the cold. Jaejoong had already tucked the quilt around his so snugly that she couldn't even move the quilt a bit.

Kiki: Joongie...

Jaejoong turned around to face her.

Jaejoong: Yeah?

Kiki: Can you give me a bit of the quilt?

Jaejoong: I thought you liked the cold like Yoochun? You open the windows in your apartment even though it is winter...

Kiki: Yeah... But it's ultra cold tonight... The heater's not very strong... And I'm wearing shorts...

Jaejoong looked down at what Kiki was wearing. Her legs were indeed exposed. She fidgeted uncomfortably when she noticed his eyes going down her body.

Jaejoong's thoughts: This silly girl... It's so cold here and she brought shorts to wear to sleep... But her shorts look kinda cute though...

Jaejoong opened up the snugly tucked in quilt for Kiki to get her body inside it.

Jaejoong: Come closer to me...

Kiki: Can't you just spare me a bit of the quilt, it should be big enough for two to share...

Jaejoong: But I'm afraid of the cold remember? I like to tuck myself snugly inside the quilt when I sleep. This is how I sleep at home too...

Kiki: Huh....

Jaejoong: Yeah... If you don't want to share then it's fine with me... Goodnight...

Jaejoong started tucking himself back snugly into the quilt.

Kiki: Wait!!!

Kiki shifted herself closer to Jaejoong, who opened up the quilt to let her in. Once she was inside, he put his arm around her pulling her closer to him, before tucking the quilt snugly around them both. They now looked like a quilt-like cocoon surrounded them on the bed.

Jaejoong: Okay... We should be fine now... Warmer?

Kiki's heart started racing when he pulled her closer to him. When he asked her if she felt warmer, she didn't dare look at him at all, instead she looked down (which was his chest) and avoided eye contact with his eyes.

Kiki: Yeah...

Jaejoong: Is there something on my chest?

Kiki: Anio...

Jaejoong: Then why are you staring at my chest?

Kiki: I'm not...

Jaejoong: Then look at me...

Kiki didn't budge at all. Jaejoong grabbed Kiki's chin and tilted her face up to face him. Her cheeks were now flushed red. Her heart was racing like mad. She could feel it pounding like mad.

Jaejoong's thoughts: Ha ha... She's blushing...

Jaejoong: Boy this feel warm...

He snuggled up closer to her, encircling both his arms around her, pulling her into his arms. Kiki's head was now on Jaejoong's chest. Jaejoong could smell the faint scent of cocoa from Kiki's bath.

Jaejoong: You smell very sweet... like chocolate...

Then she felt his legs going around her.

Kiki tried to pushed herself away from him immediately. But he held on tightly to her.

Kiki: Joongie, what are you doing?!!!

Jaejoong: I miss my bolster...

Kiki: But I'm not your bolster... Let go of me now!!!

Jaejoong: Can't I hug you to sleep? I'm cold... You're cold too right?

Kiki knew inside her heart that it was a seriously cold night. She was alright with him hugging her to sleep but...

Kiki: Okay... But... Move your legs!!! Otherwise you're sleeping on the sofa tomorrow...

Jaejoong: Okay... okay...

Jaejoong retracts his legs and plants a peck on Kiki's hair.

Jaejoong: Goodnight jagiya...

Kiki tilted her head up to look at Jaejoong, his eyes were already closed. But when he felt her move, he opened them again and looked at Kiki.

Jaejoong: Wae?

Kiki looked at Jaejoong. She was still unable to believe that he was really in front of her now. Everything felt like a dream since he asked her to be their guide. He was so perfect. What did she do to deserve his love? To call him hers?

Kiki: Nothing... I was just thinking of something silly...

Jaejoong smiled.

Jaejoong: What silly stuff are you thinking again?

Kiki: Why me?

Jaejoong: Huh?

Kiki: Why do you like me?

Jaejoong: I do MORE than like you... I LOVE you...

Kiki (blushes): I know... But why?

Jaejoong: Cos you make me happy... I feel happiness that I've never felt before in my entire life...

Kiki: But you are in TVXQ, surely you can get ANY girl you want to make you happy...

Jaejoong: It's not as glamorous as you think... We might seem to have the world... But we're actually very lonely... At least I am... We can't be ourselves in front of the public... We have to put on mask... You for one should know...

Jaejoong looked at Kiki, she looked back at Jaejoong, still listening attentively. He continued.

Jaejoong: That's why for the first few years we debutted, I didn't speak much at all. I wasn't supposed to... You see I am the eldest, but yet I am not the leader... Cos I'm too frank and straightforward with my words sometimes... I'll make a lot of "enemies" if I'm the leader... So we decided Yunho should be the leader... Cos he's more politically correct... His parents are politicians you know...

Kiki nodded.

Jaejoong: Sometimes I think even Changmin and Yoochun speak better than me... I'm so... Useless... as a hyung...

Kiki placed a finger over his lips.

Kiki: You're not useless... Don't say that... You're the lead vocals... Xiah also mentioned before that your voice is the connecting link that binds all the members' voices together... And I love your voice...

Jaejoong grabbed Kiki's hand and pulled it to his heart.

Jaejoong: I know... See this is why I love you...

Kiki: Huh?

Jaejoong: Somehow... I don't know how... But you can SEE the REAL me... I can be myself around you... I can pour my heart out to you without any worries... I don't have to hide behind a mask... And so... I can TRULY be happy...

Kiki looked at Jaejoong. Her eyes slowly welling up with tears of happiness. As the tears fall down her face, Jaejoong cupped her face in his hands and wiped away the tears with his thumbs.

Jaejoong: Ah... I made you cry again... Miane...

Kiki: I just wanted to know why... Cos somehow I still feel like I am living in a dream...

Jaejoong: Don't be... I've already told you before... I need you more than you think... You're my inspiration... Without you I can't work... So... Don't even think of leaving me uncontactable like last time... Cos I don't think I can take it... Believe me... This is all real... My heart is true... (sings) Miduhyo...

Kiki smiled.

Kiki: How did you know that that's my all-time fave song?

Jaejoong: Cos it's mine too... Even though my part isn't the main...

Kiki: I know... But the mtv on the bridge... Amazing... I fell in love at first sight...

Jaejoong: With me?

Jaejoong looked at Kiki anticipatingly.

Kiki: Ne... You captivated my heart with your voice...

Jaejoong: Even though I wasn't the lead...

Kiki: Yeah... I don't know why... Xiah's voice was fab too, but somehow...

Jaejoong: Cos I am the most handsome?

Kiki: Didn't everyone already agree that Max was the most handsome in the group?

Jaejoong pouted.

Jaejoong: Hmph... Yeah... Changminnie... The model...

Kiki giggled.

Jaejoong: So... why me?

Kiki: You're asking me now?

Jaejoong: Yeah... Since I've told you my reason... I wanna know yours too...

Kiki smiled and started thinking.

Kiki: I don't know... It really was love at first sight... You'd think it not possible for a fan to feel like that for an idol... I mean... I am still... a fan girl... in reality... But NOT as mad as the Korean Cassiopeias...

Jaejoong: Yeah... Ha ha ha... Our beloved "girlfriends"... I did say before that I think that I'll marry a fan...

Kiki: I know... But that's not it... I just felt something more... Something behind that look in your eyes... Like there was something more behind that mysterious and quiet Young Woong Jaejoong... I just felt like there was more to you than that... A more cheerful and warm side maybe... maybe even a bit silly and cheeky... I wanted to know you better... And that made me slowly like you more and more... Until I saw the recent clips of you... ha ha... the cheeky side I anticipated started coming out...

Jaejoong: So now you're hooked?

Kiki: I guess you can say that... And your voice... Just gets better and better each time...

Jaejoong: Yeah... We need to improve you know... Grow as we age...

Kiki: Ha ha... you make yourself sound like you are so old...

Jaejoong: Ha ha... yeah!!! I'm already an adult... An undergrad, I must act more matured...

Kiki: I don't think you can...

Kiki taps Jaejoong's nose playfully with her finger.

Jaejoong (pouts): Hmph... Who says so?

Kiki: Max already said all his hyungs are so immature...

Jaejoong: Aish~... Changminnie's different!!! He's TOO matured for his age... He's an ajushi already...

Kiki laughs and yawns. She rubbed her eyes tiredly.

Jaejoong: You're tired?

Kiki: Yeah... A bit... Aren't you? You drove for so long...

Jaejoong: Anio...

Kiki: Not at all?

Jaejoong: Ne... Cos I have you beside me the whole time... I can stay awake just to look at you...

Kiki pushed Jaejoong's face away playfully.

Kiki: Sweet-talker... So much nonsense...

Jaejoong turns his face back to look at Kiki.

Jaejoong (lovingly): Jagiya... You know something?

Kiki (blurly): What?

Jaejoong: I cannot wait...

Kiki: For what?

Jaejoong (sweetly): The day... I can... TRULY... call you... Mine...

Kiki smiled. Jaejoong leaned his forehead over to touch Kiki's forehead. Jaejoong leaned forward and planted a kiss on Kiki's lips. Kiki closed her eyes when Jaejoong kissed her. Then they parted.

Kiki: Joongie... I...

Jaejoong: Don't worry... I'll wait for our wedding day... For you to make me the happiest man in the world...

Jaejoong: Meanwhile... I'll go find other means and ways to...

Kiki (hits him on the arm once): Hey!!! What did you mean by that? Don't you dare!!!

Jaejoong: Ha ha ha ha... I meant Max's videos...

Kiki (blushes): Oh... THAT...

Jaejoong: Yeah... So I can...

Kiki (covers her ears): Alright alright... Too much information... You don't have to tell me all these...

Jaejoong: Ha ha ha... You should know all men watch THAT... You should be glad I do... Cos if I don't then you'd have to be careful... Cos I might be abnormal...

Kiki: Men and their hormones... *tsk tsk*

Jaejoong: Hey... I know some women watch THAT too okay... It's not just men... Speaking of which... Do you?

Kiki (hits him again): Stop it!!! I'm not talking to you anymore... Goodnight!

Kiki pushed Jaejoong away from her and turned her back towards him.

Jaejoong: Ha ha ha... Okay... Okay.. Araso... I'll stop it now... Let's sleep now... It's late...

Jaejoong slips his arms back around Kiki and pulls her towards him.

Kiki: Joongie-ah...

Jaejoong: Huh?

Kiki: Goodnight... Sarangheyo...

Jaejoong smiled. He leaned closer to Kiki and whispered into her ear.

Jaejoong: Kiki-ah... sarangheyo... see you in my dreams...

He kissed her on her cheek and lied back down onto his pillow to sleep.

No comments: