Monday, January 14, 2008

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 52

Chapter 52: Babo...

Seeing everyone gone, Kiki got up from the sofa where Jaejoong and her were sitting on and walked out to the front porch. Once she stepped out, she regretted not taking a jacket along with her. It was a windy night. The sky was all dark and there were no stars in the sky. The house faced the sea, so the sea glimmered and sparkled as the light from the moon shone onto the surface of the water. Cold wind blew against her skin, she felt and immense pain crept up her spine. She shivered slightly.

Jaejoong looked quietly at Kiki as she left his side to go to the front porch. He didn't understand why she didn't want to spend more time with him, now that they were here for their engagement party. Wasn't engagements and marriages meant to celebrate a couple's undying love for each other? And their desire to be with each other for the rest of their lives? He just didn't understand what was on her mind. He noticed her shivering slightly as the wind blew against her. She didn't have a jacket on.

Kiki's back was facing the living room, but she could hear the front door open. But she didn't turn around. She felt arms going around her waist and hug her from behind, she turned her face.

Jaejoong: Can you please tell me what did I do just now to upset you? I know I am a bit slow... So I don't know what I did wrongly... But I'm not the slowest in the group... There's still Junsu behind me...

Kiki giggled when she heard that.

Kiki: Don't be so mean to Xiah... You guys are always bullying him...

Jaejoong: At least it made you laugh...

Kiki: I just think... we shouldn't rush things... I mean... If you say this is a pre-honeymoon... Then it really feels like we're getting married now... And I don't know if we're ready for that now... Cos we've only been together for less than a year... I'm just not used to...


Jaejoong: Hearing others call us a couple? Like a married couple? Instead of yeoja and namja chingu couple?

Kiki nodded.

Kiki: When I said yes, I didn't think that it would be happening so soon... I thought it'll be at least a year later or so... So I have more time to mentally and emotionally prepare myself...

Jaejoong smiled and turned her around to face him.

Jaejoong: What's there to prepare? You're still you and I'm still me... And I still love you the way I love you now... Nothing will change... It's just that we get to really live together and...

Kiki: And???


Jaejoong: People will have to call you Kim songsaengnim-puin...


Kiki: Huh??? What's does that mean?


He leaned forward and whispered into her ear softly.

Jaejoong: Wife of Mr Kim... Or Mrs Kim... Ihaethashut seumnikka? (Do you understand?)

Kiki (makes a face): Anio... Ihaemothaeyo... (I don't understand.)


Jaejoong giggled and covered his mouth with his hand when he saw Kiki's reaction.

Kiki: Aish~ You're enjoying this aren't you?

Jaejoong stopped laughing and looked at Kiki in all seriousness and replied.

Jaejoong: Ne... Joahamnida... Haengbokhamnida... (Yes... I love it... I am happy.) If it makes you smile, I don't mind teasing you everyday, for the rest of my life...

Kiki: Wait... I don't think I want to be teased for the rest of my life... But I don't mind having someone do all the dishes for me...

Jaejoong: Araso.... Then I'll be your dishwasher for the rest of my life... Don't complain when my hands become all rough from washing dishes...

Kiki: Hee hee... Your pay will be your meals and a place to stay... As for the rough hands...

Kiki started walking back into the living room. Jaejoong turned and looked at her as she walked inside and waited for her answer. Once she was inside and on the stairs leading up to the rooms...

Kiki: I'm fine with that... As long as you keep them away from me...

Jaejoong: What!!!! Andwae!!!! Shiroyo!!!

Kiki made a dash for it and ran towards her room. Just when she was about to shut the door, Jaejoong slammed his body against the door to stop it from closing. Kiki pushed her whole body against the door to stop him from pushing it open.

Kiki: Stop pushing!!!!

Jaejoong: Andwae!!! Stop pushing yourself!!!! And let me in!!!

Kiki: Hey you're my dishwasher.... You have to sleep in the maid's room...

Jaejoong: There's no maid's room here...

Kiki: Andwae... go sleep with the rest of the guys... this is MY room...

Hearing the commotion going on, the rest emerged from the rooms they were in and came over to see what was happening.

Micky: Hyung... what are you two doing again?

Jaejoong: Nothing... (still pushing against the door with all his might)

Fifi: Then why are you making so much noise...

Kiki: Guys... Get him to stop pushing and to go back to his own room...


Jaejoong: Andwae... (pushes with more strength)

U-Know: I see the final decision hasn't been made yet...

Xiah: *sigh* I just had the greatest idea in my mind for a game and was about to note it down... Now I've forgotten what I had in mind...

Max: Yeah... What an unwelcomed disturbance... Stop wasting our time hyung... We still have loads to plan before we can sleep...

Theo: Whatever... Let's go back and continue our discussion... You two enjoy yourselves...

Max, Theo and U-Know headed back to the room they were in to continue their discussion. Jaejoong looked at them blurly as they beelined back into the room, with Theo in front and Max and U-Know behind. Fifi, Xiah and Micky also went back to the other room they were in to continue their brainstorming. Jaejoong couldn't believe that they were more interested in their discussions than helping him. Kiki felt the pressure on the door lessen, and she gave one strong push and slammed the door shut, she immediately locked it. Jaejoong snapped out from looking at the trio and realised that he had lost.

Kiki did a victory sign inside the room, and switched on the light.

Kiki's thoughts: Shit...

It was a study or work room. There was no bed inside except a small sofa. There was a bag in the room... She zipped open the duffel bag and realised that it was Jaejoong's. She zipped it back close.

Kiki's thoughts: Where's my bag???!!!! I thought this is the room where I placed my bag... How come it's now a study room??? And what's his bag doing here???

*Knock knock knock*

Jaejoong: Kiki-ah... open the door please... all my stuff are inside... just let me grab them and I'll go share the room with Yoochun...

The door opened. Kiki's head was hung low.

Kiki: Mianeyo... I mistook this as the room... I don't know where I put my stuff now...

She stepped out of the room and walked from room to room looking for her stuff. Jaejoong took his bag from the room and followed behind Kiki as she searched for her stuff.

Kiki opened the door to the room Theo, U-Know and Max were in.

Kiki: Guys, did you see my bag here???

Everyone shoke their heads.

Kiki: Mianeyo for disturbing you... Good luck on the brainstorming...

Next she opened the door to the room Fifi, Xiah and Micky were in.

Kiki: Guys, is my bag here???

Everyone shoke their heads.

Fifi: I thought you put it in the last room along the corridor?

Kiki: Did I? I'll go check that room now... Mianeyo for disturbing you... Good luck on the brainstorming...

She finally found her bag in the room Fifi said. It was facing the sea and with a queen bed. She went to her bag and opened it to confirm that it was her bag. Jaejoong stood at the door and watched as she double-checked her bag.

Kiki: Thank god it's here... Not lost some where...

Kiki started taking our her stuff. She heard the door close and she turned around and looked at the door. Now she realised that Jaejoong had closed the door and was walking towards her with his bag in his hand. She felt her heart beat accelerate. He placed his bag beside hers and opened it to take out his stuff.

Kiki: I... I thought you said you're sharing the room with Yoochun?

Jaejoong: Didn't you notice just now when you were looking for your stuff? U-Know's sharing with Max. Fifi's sharing with Theo. And Micky's already sharing with Xiah. That's three rooms already... There's only two more rooms left. This one and the other one you were in just now.

Kiki racked her brains to recall what she had seen in the rooms that she had entered just now, and she remembered that all had two single beds except this one. There were indeed no more rooms.

Kiki: Then I'll go ask Micky to share this room with you then...

Jaejoong: And where are you going to sleep then?

Kiki: I'll go share with Fifi and Theo...

Jaejoong: All the other rooms have two single beds... Where are you going to sleep? If Yoochun comes here, the only spare bed is in the room with Junsu... You're not gonna share with him are you?

Kiki: OF COURSE NOT!!! Aish~ Why are all the rooms twin singles and suddenly there's one queen??!!! How are we supposed to fit everyone!!!??

Jaejoong: Well... I don't know... But... If we share... then it's perfect for everyone...

Kiki (makes face): Andwae...

Jaejoong starts packing the things back into his bag.

Kiki: What are you doing? You thought of another way?

Jaejoong: Anio... But if you're so reluctant, I'll go sleep on the sofa in the study room then...

Kiki's thoughts: Sofa again!!! Gosh... Why does it always have to do with him sleeping on a sofa???!!!

Jaejoong leans in and gives Kiki a goodnight kiss, and walks towards the door.

Kiki: We'll share then...

Jaejoong smiled. He had won. He knew that she wouldn't be so cold-hearted to make him sleep alone on the sofa, especially on such a cold night. He turned around slowly and pretended that he didn't hear what Kiki said.

Jaejoong: What did you say?

Kiki: I said... We'll share then...

Jaejoong: So I can sleep here?

Kiki: Yeah...

He started unpacking his things excitedly, smiling at Kiki time to time.

Kiki: Babo... (Fool...)

Jaejoong: Babo? Me?

Kiki: Yeah...

Jaejoong: Well I don't mind being a babo if it makes you happy... But... If I'm a babo... Then...

He turned to face Kiki.

Jaejoong: You must be a even more foolish babo to want to marry me...

He tapped her nose with his finger playfully.

Kiki (pouts): Ne... I must be the most foolish babo in the world...

Jaejoong pulls her into his arms.

Kiki: But also the happiest...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaelo -- 19 January 2008 at 12:50 p.m.

UPDATE PLEASE!!:)
CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!!:)
/JaeLo/
/Jaelo93/