Monday, January 28, 2008

Rainbow 彩虹 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2: First Kisses

My eyes widened when little Joong kissed me. Immediately I pushed him away and stared at him with wide-open eyes.

Jae: JOONGIE!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!

Joong was still smiling at me happily. I thought he looked seriously like a babo (fool) then. But I didn't tell him.

Joong: Kissing my future bride... *giggles*

Jae: Bride your head!!! *hits the back of his head once* You this little rascal... You stole... my... first... kiss...

Joong: Anio... Nuna, you stole mine... So you're not gonna hit me nuna... cos you love me TOO much... *giggles*

Joong got up and started running home giggling with me running after him.

Jae: YAH!!! JOONGIE!!! GET BACK HERE!!! You're gonna get it from me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I got into college, I had my first taste of romance. I met Ze. He was in the sports and physical education faculty. How we met was kinda embarrassing...

Since he was in sports, he would always be training at the sports complex right next to my medicine faculty. Yes I was in medicine, cos I had an obsession with Biology... Not that I like to cut up animals or things like that... But I found it very interesting... Science was always my fave subject during younger years... Let's just say I had an inquisitive mind. Anyway, back to how we met...

One day a course-mate of mine suggested that we go jogging in the sports complex next to our faculty instead of going to the gym and the boring treadmill. I agreed, cos the weather was pretty good, not too hot and humid. We were going into the restroom to get changed after the run and as there was a whole bunch of half-naked buff guys just outside the restroom area doing push-ups, we were very distracted, ogling and whispering to each other about their muscular bodies...

We walked into the restroom and my friend finished first as she didn't want to take a shower (she had a hostel room, I didn't), so she went outside to wait for me. I was just walking out of the cubicle when I saw Ze taking out his top right in front of me!!!

I screamed.

Jae: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! PERVERT!!!!!!!!!!

Ze got a shock and immediately put his top back on. He stared at me in shock. Then I started chasing him around the restroom, trying to hit him before some one else comes in and help capture him. In my haste and shock, I tripped on the towel that I was holding while running and fell forward.

Jae: AHHHH!!!!!!!

He turned around when he heard me screaming and I ended up falling onto him, pushing him onto the floor...

I stared wide-eyed at Ze who was under me, face inches away from mine, and lips touching mine, with the same shocked look in his eyes.

Jae's coursemate: Jae, what are you doing?!!!

Immediately I rolled myself off him and adjusted my clothes in embarrassment.

Jae: He's a pervert... He came into the ladies' restroom and...

Another guy rushed into the restroom. It was Ze's coursemate.

Ze's coursemate: Ze, what's all the racket in here? Why are you girls here?

Jae: What do you mean why are you girls here? This is ladies' restroom!!! I should be asking why are YOU GUYS here!!!

The guys started laughing. My coursemate gave an embarrassed look at me. Then she pulled me aside.

Jae's coursemate: This is the men's restroom, we went into the wrong one... I just realized when I walked out, but since you were still showering, I didn't want to give you a shock, so...

Jae: WHAT??!!! YOU MEAN I...

She nodded. My face turned a deep shade of red. I was so embarrassed. I gathered my things hurriedly and dashed out of the restroom. As I almost exited, I said a soft "Sorry" to Ze and dashed out in embarrassment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That was our meeting... Embarrassing isn't it?

And I never knew how he managed to track me down even though we were in different faculties. And faculties that one would have thought would NEVER cross paths...

This was a mystery that he would take with him to his grave, cos he refused to tell me even though I've asked him a million times when we dated...

Anyway, he tracked me down somehow, found me at my faculty bus stop waiting for the bus late one Valentine's Day evening, when I had stayed behind late to study, as I had no Valentine. So books became my boyfriend for the day when everybody else were celebrating with their beloved.

I was yawning at the bus stop, while listening to my ipod. He sat himself beside me and pulled one of my eye phones out, making me turn over to look at him.

Jae: Who...

I turned and jumped off the seat immediately, dropping my bag, file, and books onto the floor.

Jae: Oh no!!!

I dashed back to pick up my stuff from the floor, trying to squat as far from him as humanly possible while doing so.

He smiled and bent down to help me pick up my stuff. I immediately increased my speed and grabbed everything, except a book near his feet.

Ze: Here...

He took it up and passed it to me.

Jae: Thanks...

I reached out my hand to take the book back, but he held on to it still. I gave another tug. He gave a tug back, and pulled me towards him. I fell onto him. Again. Faces inches apart. Again. I shot away from him by instinct.

Ze: Are you ALWAYS so clumsy?

Jae: Yeah... My apologies for my clumsiness... I'm a klutz...

Ze: *giggles and stands up* Nice to meet you... I'm Ze...

He extended his hand towards me. I stood up, took it and shook it. He gave my book back to me. I turned back to look at the road, hoping that the bus would come NOW!!!

Ze: Well... aren't you gonna introduce yourself?

Jae: Oh... Erm... I'm Jae... I'm in the...

Ze: Medicine faculty... Second year...

Jae: How come you know?

I was surprised. I looked straight at him for the first time.

Ze: Cos I asked around... I needed to know who was the girl who stole my first kiss in the men's restroom...

I looked away in embarrassment.

Jae: Sorry about that... I didn't mean to...

Ze: It's okay... I don't mind...

Jae: You don't?

I turned back and looked at him curiously. How can anyone not mind that their first kiss was not with someone they loved?!!!

Ze: Yeah... Cos it was a very adorable girl who stole it...

I darted my eyes away to avoid eye contact with him, as my face was already heating up like a pressure cooker.

He walked over and stood in front of me.

Ze: Happy Valentine's Day...

Jae: Oh same to you... Happy Friendship Day...

Ze: This is for you...

He held out a small box that was beautifully wrapped.

Jae: For me?!!!

Ze: Yeah... Happy Valentine's Day...

Jae: You sure you didn't get the wrong person? Are you looking at giving this to my coursemate instead? Cos I can pass this to her for you...

Ze: No... It's for you...

Jae: Thanks...

I took the box awkwardly.

Ze: Aren't you going to open it?

Jae: Oh... Alright...

I opened the box, there was a heart-shaped white chocolate inside with pink words "eat me". And a note saying...
Be mine?
PS: Eat the chocolate if the answer is yes.

I stared at it in silence. My heart started pounding like mad. My face was now burning beyond a normal person's body temperature. I was probably feverish. I looked up at him in surprise. He looked back at me with anticipation. He wanted to know my answer.

He's actually not too bad... Quite a good catch actually... Cos he was in sports, so naturally his body was good... His eyes were very big and captivating with long and thick eyelashes that framed his eyes... And when he smiled, he looked very adorable, like a little boy... And he even knows that I preferred white chocolate over other chocolates... Amazing...

I found myself reaching in for the chocolate and taking a bite from it...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

No comments: