Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rainbow 彩虹 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Childhood mates...

This is my story. My name is Jae. But I'm not a guy. I'm a girl. My parents had always wished for a son, that's what I was given a rather unisex name that could be both male or female. My parents lived next door to their best friends. The four of them met in university years and were close to each other. They went to the same course, the same co-curricular activities, and even got married together. The two wives had made a pact to let their children marry each other if they bore a son and daughter each, and if they were both the same sex, they could be god-siblings. They were THAT close.

Things weren't always how you want them to be. My parents got pregnant much earlier than their best friends. In fact 6 years earlier to be exact. No doubt there was disappointment. But these kind of things couldn't be pre-arranged. So...

I was born in 1990. And 6 years later, my parents' best friends had a son. Since our age gap was so large. I could carry their baby son when I went to the hospital to visit them with my parents. His name is Joong. He is a very cute baby boy, with wide and big eyes filled with curiosity.

Ever since young, we always played together. Since we stayed next door to one another, we even went to the same schools. I usually would be leaving the school when he entered it, but we went to the same schools. Just not at the same time. Therefore, he could re-use my textbooks, etc. Or if he had questions, he would ask me and I would be the patient little tutor who answered all his questions.

I remember very clearly one incident that was really etched in my mind... It was when I was 12... And Joong was only 6...

One day while Joong was walking back from school, I was just being bullied by the neighbourhood group of kids, and I was cornered. He had ran over and pushed them aside, despite being smaller than them, and blocked me from them.

Joong: GO AWAY!!! OR I'LL TELL MY OMMA TO TELL YOUR OMMAS THAT YOU'RE BULLYING JAE-NUNA!!!

Bully: *sniggers sarcastically* Just WHO do you think YOU are? Huh? SHORTIE!!!

The bullies started pushing little Joong, who was pushed backwards towards me, cos he was too small to fight against them.

Jae: Joongie-ya, let's just ignore them and go...

Joong glared at them defiantly. One of the bullies pushed him really hard and he fell onto the ground. I immediately bent over to try to help him up. They walked towards us and surrounded us.

Joong: Don't you dare...

Then they started hitting us, I immediately grabbed hold of Joong and tried to shield his small body from the blows. After 10 minutes of continuous hitting, kicking and punching...

Adult: I wonder what's up in the cinemas today... Work was so boring today...

Bullies: RUN!!! There's someone here!!!

The bullies heard voices of adults and fled the scene, leaving the two of us in the small alley. I let go of Joong and checked him for injuries.

Jae: Joongie, gwenchanayo (are you okay)? Are you hurt anywhere?

He shook his head in shock. His arms were slightly bruised, but there were no other injuries. He raised his hand and caressed my cheek. I felt a sharp pain when he did that.

Joong: Jae-nuna... You're bleeding...

His small hand came back down covered with blood. My blood. His eyes started tearing.

Jae: It's okay Joongie... Nuna's alright... I'm just glad you're okay... Next time don't come over if you see these bullies cornering me... Just run home and tell your omma and appa...

Joong: Nuna... I want to grow up faster... So I can protect you from anyone who bullies you...

He hugged me. My eyes welled with tears when I heard him say that. It was so sweet.

Joong: Why are you crying nuna? Is it very painful?

He caressed my cheek again with his small hand.

Jae: Anio... It's not painful...

Joong: Don't cry nuna... Cos Joongie loves Jae-nuna the most... I want you to be my bride when I grow up!!!

He smiled happily at me and gave me a kiss on my lips.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaelo -- 27 January 2008 at 1:24 p.m.

OMG! THIS IS SO GOOD.:0
LOVE IT!!:)
LOL. I WAS SHOCK WHEN I SAW JAE NAME..
LOL.. DID U KNOW THAT MINE NAME IS JAE..LOL..
YES. MY NAME IS JAE. I'M JAE LO..LOL..
WELL ANYWAYS UPDATE SOOON.. I LOVE IT..ALSO UR POSTER TOO. SO PLEASE UPDATE SOON!!:)
CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE!!:)
/JaeLo/
/Jaelo93/

tedheads said...

cute little jae protecting his nuna... hahahahah... so young and he knows how to protect a girl... will grow up to be a gentleman...