Saturday, January 12, 2008

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 51

Chapter 51: Finally, Jeju Island!!!!

It was already dark when they reached Jeju Island, and had checked into the guesthouse. They booked an entire house, just enough for all 8 of them to stay. Dinner time was approaching and everyone was rather hungry.

Theo: Hey guys, what are we going to have for dinner? I'm rather hungry.

Max: Me too. If I'm not having my dinner any time, I think I'm going to faint. So, let's just make it quick. I'm really starving.

Fifi: Why not we have steamboat for dinner tonight? It'll be really easy. We just need to get the raw food and that's all...

Kiki: Awwwww.... Fifi are you trying to be nice to Jaejoong and I... So we don't have to cook for you guys when we're here for our engagement party...

Jaejoong: Yeah! We shouldn't have to cook for you guys when we're here...

Fifi: I'm not sure about the rest of the days... But for today since it's already so late... And everyone's tired...

Kiki: Well... At least we don't have to cook today...

Jaejoong: Ne... Kajang... Let's head off now to buy the ingredients before all the shops are closed.

The guys headed to the nearby supermarket to buy the food for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was really hungry due to the long journey and no food was left. It was time to decide who to do the dishes.

U-Know: Who's going to do the dishes for today? Why don't we play Gawi Bawi Bo and decide?

After a game of Gawi Bawi Bo, Junsu ended up becoming the loser. He tried to plead with Jaejoong, who is really soft hearted.

Xiah: Jaejoong-hyung, can you help me to do the dishes? Pretty please??

Jaejoong: Mianeyo, I don't think so, Junsu. Cos I want to spent more time with my Kiki.... Unless she agrees to stay with me to help you with the dishes, then I'll be glad to help you...

Kiki: Joongie, are you mad? Don't you know I am the LAST person who will volunteer to do the dishes? I don't mind cooking loads of stuff, but I REALLY DETEST washing dishes... You for one should know...

Xiah: Kiki... please... will you relent just one time because of poor lil' o' me? please please please...

Kiki: Mianeyo Xiah... anything else will be fine... but doing the dishes... I'm sorry I can't help you... If Jaejoong wants to help you it's okay with me...

Jaejoong: But I wanna spend more time with you... (turns to Xiah) mianeyo Junsu... you have to be a good sport... since you lost... you should do the dishes yourself...

After hearing Jaejoong's rejection, everyone left the table almost immediately. Everyone headed off to the living room to avoid being bugged by Junsu. Before Fifi could leave the room, Junsu grabbed her arm and prevented her from leaving.

Fifi: KIM JUNSU!!!! What are you trying to do?

Xiah:Nothing. Just getting someone to accompany me with the dish washing.

Fifi: I'm not going to accompany you. On top of that, I was not the loser. Sorry, Junsu. I really hate washing the dishes. I would rather join the rest in the living room.

Xiah was not going to let Fifi off that easy.


Xiah: Are you sure you are not going to help me?


Xiah had a cheeky look on his face as he stared at Fifi.

Fifi: Nope.

Fifi left the kitchen immediately, fearing that Xiah would pull her back into the kitchen.

Xiah: You're not leaving that easily.

Xiah ran after Fifi and grabbed her arm, preventing her from making any advancement.

Xiah: Please please please...... Help me with the dishes? Ok?

As Xiah was pleading with Fifi, he did his famous flower pose.

Fifi: Don't think that that gesture is going to make me stay. I'm not going to fall for that.

Fifi turned around. Even before she could move, once again, Xiah did a series of 'act cute' poses as he pleaded for Fifi to stay.

Even though Fifi could not resist that cute expression of Xiah, she was not going to give in that easily. Housework was something that Fifi had always hated since the day she was born. Nothing in this world, even the cute and irresistible Xiah, was going to make her change her mind. Fifi decided to counter attack his 'cute' poses by imitating what he had done previously.

Xiah: UE KYANG KYANG!!!!! UE KYANG KYANG!!!!! UE KYANG KYANG!!!!!

Xiah could not stop laughing upon seeing the hilarious expression.

Fifi: Since you're so happy about doing the dishes, I don't think my help is needed her. Bye, Junsu.

Fifi turned around and headed towards the living room.

Xiah: Fifi!!!! Could you stay? There's no need for you to do the dishes, all you need to do is accompany me. I won't be that mean to make a girl do my dirty dishes.

Fifi stopped advancing forward when she heard Xiah calling her.

Fifi: Alright.

Reluctanly, Fifi agreed to Xiah's request. Xiah was really happy that Fifi agreed. In this manner, they are able to spend more time together. Fifi and Xiah cleared the table. After that, Xiah put on the rubber gloves and started to wash the dishes. Fifi situated herself on the dining chair, which was near the sink.

Fifi: Junsu, why must you drag me to accompany you? You can do the dishes yourself. And, I want to watch TV with the rest. So, can I go now?

Xiah: Erm.... Cos it would be boring to do the dishes all alone. It would be better that I have you to accompany me and talk to me as I wash the dishes. And, you can't go yet. I'm not done with the dishes yet. I can't let you go. And, don't you dare to slip away or else you'll get all the soap on you.

Fifi: I dare you to. Bye bye.

Fifi got up from the chair and started to head towards the living room where the rest of the guys were. Xiah immediately took off his rubber gloves from one of his hands and he chased after Fifi. He grabbed her arms and pulled her back. Fifi turned around. Both of them were standing so close to each other at this moment. It was that close until they could feel each other's breath on their faces.

Fifi's heart started to beat really fast. Her whole body was feeling really hot. Xiah too was really shy. Initially, Xiah only wanted to pull Fifi back and threaten to get her all foamy with the soap. Xiah never imagined that he would come so close with Fifi again.

Fifi: Erm..... I think.... you... are... too.... close.....

Xiah: Opps... Sorry.

Xiah took a step back. Immediately, Fifi headed off to the living room, leaving Xiah standing there all alone. Xiah did not have the courage to call Fifi back again.

Xiah's thoughts: What was I trying to do? Argh.... How clumsy can I be? This is so embarrassing. AHHHH!!!!!!!!

Xiah had no choice but to wash the dishes all by himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back in the living room, everyone was so engrossed watching "The Number 1 Shop of Coffee Prince", which was airing on TV. Nobody even noticed that Fifi was not even there. Fifi sat down next to Theo on the sofa quietly.

A while later, Xiah had finished washing the dishes, he rejoined the rest in the living room. He was so embarrassed that he sat at the other end of the room, far far away from Fifi.

U-Know: Now the show's over, I think we need to take some time to plan for the trip. Why don't we spilt up into our little groups and discuss? As for Jaejoong and Kiki, you two can do anything you like, and leave the planning to us. You could treat this as your little pre-honeymoon. Hahahahah.....

Jaejoong: This sounds good. At least I can have more time with my jagiya. Oops, it should be yeobo now. Hahahah....

Kiki: NO WAY!!! Who said we're here on a honeymoon? We're not even legally married yet... Don't get any funny ideas into your head Kim Jaejoong... And stop calling me yeobo in front of others... You're forgetting our agreement... As for you U-Know, stop giving silly suggestions... Behave like a leader okay...

U-Know (blurly): But... I was just...

Jaejoong (matter-of-factly): Huh???? But I thought we were here to celebrate our love... and our engagement to each other.... You're considered almost legally married in Korea after your engagement... So you're not far from becoming my yeobo... why can't we have a pre-honeymoon now?

Theo: Ok guys... You two can continue this discussion in private later. WE DON'T REALLY NEED to know what your decision is... Just do whatever you want... I don't care... You're giving me goosebumps. I can't take it anymore...

Max: Ne Jaejoong-hyung... Your love declarations to nuna are making my skin all goosepimpled... Please spare us the details and do this in private... We don't really wanna know what you guys decide on...

Jaejoong (defiantly): No one asked you to listen to what I'm saying... I'm speaking to my jagiya... not to you... so stop eavesdropping on us...

Max: WHATEVER...
Aish~ Hyung you are incorrigible... I'm going off to have my group discussion, come on Theo and U-Know hyung... let's leave this "cold" place in search for some place with more warmth....

Theo: I agree... Let's go, U-Know...

U-Know looked at Jaejoong and then at Theo and Max, who had already started walking out of the living room to one of the rooms. He scurried off to join them, leaving the rest behind. Micky threw a look at Xiah and Fifi and the three of them also excused themselves to go plan for party and the games.

No comments: