Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rainbow 彩虹 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Leaving Jae...

Jae's POV:

We had not spoken a word to each other for the entire day.

We just stared at each other in silence.

What was there to say?

We were going to be separated.

By something deadly.

Something that could make our lives much more hell-like miserable.

Something that could end our relationship once and for all.

War.

My loving dad was not excused.

So weren't Joong and Ze. And their dads...

It was a day of immense pain for all womenfolk.

Their beloved had to be called to battle.

War had broken out.

And nowhere was safe from it.

All men were called up to the army to protect their country.

We were standing at the field where chaos and confusion was raging amidst emotional outbursts, as those left behind were bidding those called to battle farewell.

My dad came up to me, and I hugged and kissed him on his cheek.

Jae: Come back safely Daddy... Mummy and I will miss you... We'll be praying for your return every single day...

Jae's Dad: I know Jae... Daddy will miss you two too... I promise I'll take good care of myself, and not get into trouble...

He pulled away from hugging me and went to bid farewell to my Mum.

My eyes went to Ze who was bidding farewell to his granny with his Dad. I stared at him in silence. Then he walked towards me. We did not say a word.

All the commotion and noise were blocked out from us. I couldn’t hear a single thing. My world revolved only around Ze and me. My eyes never left his.

Commander: Gather now men, it’s time to get into the trucks! Hurry up! On the double! Your country awaits your protection!

The commander’s voice echoed through the chaos.

My eyes started to burn with intense hatred.

Why did there ever have to be such a silly thing as war?

No one’s gonna benefit from it.

And everyone’s gonna lose something of importance to them because of it.

Why did it ever have to exist?

I hated it.

I hated it for the chaos and destruction it caused.

I hated it for the casualties it caused.

Most of all, I hated it for taking away my beloved from me.

He spoke for the first time.

Ze: I’ve to go now… The commander’s calling…

Ze said plainly, placing his hand on my face, and started stroking my cheek lovingly.

I didn’t move.

My pride prohibited me from accepting the fact that the very thing that I hated had succeeded in separating me from him.

Ze saw the anger in my eyes. But there was nothing that he could do to make himself be excused from army responsibilities…

To stop all the pain that was piercing my heart every single second…

To stop the despair he felt from being unable to do anything to relieve me of the pain that was hurting me…

Ze: Would you kindly give me a goodbye kiss before I go, my sweet?

Ze whispered softly, forcing himself to maintain his composure in front of me.

I replied by tiptoeing up to meet his lips with mine.

Once my lips touched his, he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer. He had wanted to take away my pain by giving me one last kiss. But once we kissed, I ignited the despair he felt. And when I responded to him pulling me closer by wrapping my arms around his neck, his despair turned into mad rage. His lips engulfed mine and his tongue was tightly entwined with mine. He hugged me so tightly until it hurt.

I melted in his arms…

Tears that I had fought to prevent from pouring in front of him started pouring down my face…

I couldn’t endure my pain anymore...

Commander: On the double! Your country awaits your protection!

The commander’s voice echoed through the chaos once again.

He withdrew himself from the passionate yet painful kiss, and took a long look at me, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

Ze: Take good care of yourself when I’m not around. You’re to remain the same when I see you again. Remember, you’re mine. I love you.

He gave me a soft peck on my lips, and pulled himself away and started walking towards the truck.

I stood there in the crowd as I watched him walk away from me. I was dizzy from all the chaos. My tears blurred the image of him as he walked further and further away.

Then I ran towards him. And threw my arms around him. He took my arms and turned around to face me. I leached myself onto him.

Jae: Take good care of yourself too when I’m not around. And you’re to REMAIN the SAME when I see you AGAIN. YOU REMEMBER that YOU’RE MINE... And nothing's supposed to happen to you unless I say so...

And I tilted up to look at him.

There he was. Half smiling. Half crying. Tears were flowing down his face. It was the first time that I saw him cry. He always had sorrowful eyes, but they never seemed to carry enough sorrow to break out into a fulfilling cry. But now I had managed to make them weep. In public. For me.

Ze: I know…

I reached to wipe his face of the tears from his face. He grabbed hold of my hand instead, pulled it to his lips, planted a kiss on it, and then placed it on his face.

Ze: I’ve to go now…

Jae: Wait... I haven’t finished… I’ve missed out something…

His eyes opened wider with curiosity. I reached for his neck with my free hand and pulled his face closer to mine.

Jae: I love you.... Will you be mine forever?

I took out the ring that I had bought for him.

He was totally stunned. Taken aback. And he didn’t answer.

Jae: I know you've already proposed... But I haven't given you a ring yet... If you don’t want it, you can still refuse. It’s just something to keep my mind at ease that you won’t go to other girls when I’m not...

He didn’t answer. He didn’t have to. Cos he gave me the best answer that I could ever think of.

He captured my mouth in his and gave me the most passionate kiss that he had ever given me. And as his lips remained locked onto mine, his hands went down to my knees and swept me up into his arms. Then he spun me round and round in sheer joy.

Ze: I love you.

Jae: Is that a yes?

He nodded blissfully.

Jae: So REMEMBER that you’ve someone waiting for you back home…

I moved closer to his ear, avoiding his gaze, and whispered.

Jae: Waiting for you to… to…

I blushed and decided to rephrase my thoughts.

Jae: To make her the happiest wife in the world…

I looked down shyly.

I felt him turn towards me and his lips beside my ear.

Ze: I’ll definitely put that on my top priority now… my lil’ wifey…

And started putting me down on my feet.

I looked up embarrassingly. He looked into my eyes cheekily, and then his face turned hard again.

Ze: I’ve gotta go now. I’ll give you the most unforgettable wedding when I’m back… Wifey…

Jae: I know… Remember you still owe me... something… I love you… My hubby…

He turned and walked towards the truck.

My eyes followed him but I didn’t move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joong's POV:

I watched from the side as Jae-nuna bid goodbye to Ze-hyung. I knew she was hurting the most as two most important men in her life were leaving her at the same day to go to the frontline.

I didn't matter... At least I no longer think I did to her... I just hoped that her pain could be lessened if I didn't matter to her... At least that would mean one less important person was leaving her... I didn't want her to miss me... Worry about my safety... But a part of me craved for her attention and love...

Yuki was hugging me and saying something to me, but my eyes kept staring at Jae-nuna... I didn't register anything Yuki said to me at all...

Joong: Yuki... I got to go now...

Yuki: Joong... Stay safe... I'll wait for you...

I nodded and walked off.

The truth was, I didn't want her to wait for me... I wished that I would perish at the frontline and not have to suffer the pain that I was bearing now in my heart... But as the only son of my parents, I knew I couldn't do something so cruel to them... It wasn't their fault... They didn't deserve to suffer like me... It was the best that I suffered alone and let the rest live on in happiness...

I walked past Jae-nuna, who was looking at Ze-hyung who had already walked to the trucks. There were tears in her beautiful eyes... She was crying...

I wanted so much to hug her and to wipe her tears away... But she didn't even notice me...

I felt a sharp stab in my heart... The pain was too much for me to bear... I hastened my pace and walked on towards the truck...

Jae: Joongie...

My heat stopped when I heard her call my name...

I turned around slowly. She was wiping her tears away with her hands, and forcing a smile on her face when she walked towards me...

She pinched my cheek playfully.

Joong: Nuna!!! What are you doing?!!! Let go of me!!!

I pushed her hand away and rubbed my cheek painfully.

Jae: *giggles* I'll miss you Joongie... Stay safe...

She tip-toed and gave me a hug. My heart stopped for another time when she did it... I couldn't believe it... She was hugging me... Slowly my hands snaked around her back to hug her back... For a moment, I felt the whole world revolve around her and me only...

Jae (whispering into my ear): Remember you still owe me 50 bucks... So you must come back... And pay me back the money...

I smiled. She was so adorable. How can she be thinking of such things at this kind of time? But I knew that it was her way of making the situation less tensed... She wanted to cheer me up... Even though she was feeling even worse than me...

Joong: Araso (I know)... I'll pay you back your money nuna... When I get back... And stop nagging so much... You're already turning into ajumma (old auntie) before you're married...

She hit my head playfully. I pulled away from the hug and pretended to rub my head painfully.

Jae: Naughty boy...

Joong (seriously): I'm not a boy anymore... I'm a man now... Don't call me a boy...

I looked at her seriously and for a while she got a surprise at my reaction. She broke our eye lock and looked down.

Jae: Araso... Just take good care of yourself and your dad... We'll all be waiting for you guys to come back... Safely...

Joong: I will... I got to go now... Bye... Nuna...

I walked away from her.

This was enough... This was all I needed to hear...

She still cared for me...

She would be waiting for me to come back...

My beloved Jae-nuna...

I promise that I would come back safely to her...

Along with her dad, Ze-hyung, his dad, and my dad...

We'll ALL come back safely to her...

I promise...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m & Tedheads

*more fanfics at rhapsodydelamour.blogspot.com

Other fan fics I've written with Tedheads so far...
Destined 遐想 [Completed]
http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/rhapsody/

Serendipity 奇缘 [Completed]
http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/rhapsody01/

Rainbow 彩虹
http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/rhapsody03/

*Should there be a sequel for Serendipity 奇缘 ?

Last thing... Comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

No comments: