Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rainbow 彩虹 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Be my bride...

Ze and I dated for a few years until we both graduated from college. I was a year older than him, but his course was a 3 year course, while mine was 4 years, so despite him being younger, we both graduated on the same year.

During our dating period, he brought me back to meet his family members. His parents are divorced, and he lived with his dad and his granny. They were both very amiable folks, and made me feel very at home whenever I visited. His granny was very warm towards me and always made very delicious desserts for me everytime I visited, cos she knew I loved desserts.

His granny and dad probably just loved me for my comical clumsiness, I reasoned... Cos there was no way, at least in my eyes, that someone like him would actually like someone as plain as me...

I too brought Ze back home to meet my parents. They were quite an embarrassment, as my mum kept telling him all my childhood stories and silly things I did. Even showing him photos of me when I was young!!! Bad memories overload!!! It was obvious that they too took an instant liking to Ze as he was a very respectful youth to the elders. Even I paled in comparison to him...

Being my best friend, of course Joong met Ze too. They too made instant friends with each other, as if they were long-lost brothers. They were quite alike in many ways. I can't list them all. But it was a feeling I had whenever I was with Ze. I felt a familiarity that made me feel really at ease and comfortable. I could be myself. Even though I am a klutz. I could be myself and not have to pretend to be someone else I'm not...

On the day of our graduation, after our convocation, we went to celebrate together over dinner. At the dinner, Ze suddenly proposed with a ring hidden in my fave dessert... I was so shocked... But I agreed...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joong's POV:

When Jae-nuna first introduced me to Ze-hyung, I saw them walking hand in hand towards me. I was sitting in the restaurant waiting for nuna, as she had asked me to wait for her there, cos she wanted to give me a treat for getting good results at school. Never did I thought that it would be the day I would meeting her namja chingu...

I could feel my mood change from excited to shocked to sad within the short moment when she walked in with him. It was then that I know that I was jealous...

Jae-nuna now had someone else to protect her...

She didn't need her little dongsaeng anymore...

I kept a straight face and forced myself to put on a happy front for her. She had found someone she loved, which was a good thing. I should be happy for her...

But why do I feel like my heart was burning in hell?

I dismissed it off as jealousy, cos she had always been there for me since I was young. I never thought that one day she would not be there for me...

And seeing her with Ze-hyung made me realised that that day would come soon...

He was taking my Jae-nuna away from me...

I was jealous...

I wanted her to stay with me...

But who was I to keep her away from the one she loved?

I was just a chingu (friend), nam dongsaeng (younger bro),and at best a god-dongsaeng (god-bro) to her... I had no right...

From then on, I made sure I made Jae-nuna feel that I was very comfortable with Ze-hyung, as I didn't want her to feel awkward, if she knew how I actually felt about Ze-hyung... I wanted her to be happy...

So I became like brothers with Ze-hyung...

But the last straw was when they went out to celebrate their graduation together, and they came back with news that they were getting married!!! I had been waiting the entire day, afternoon and night to congratulate Jae-nuna and to give her a graduation present I bought for her with money I had made from working part-time...

My gift turned into a wedding gift for the two of them...

I wished them happiness and bliss in their marriage...

But inside I felt my heart being cut into millions of pieces...

My beloved nuna was going to leave me...

She had forgotten what I had said to her years ago...

But I still remembered it very clearly...

I loved her the most in this world...

I wanted her to be my bride...

I wanted to protect her for the rest of my life...

So that she'll never shed another tear from those beautiful eyes of hers...

It was then that I realised...

When she carried me in her arms for the very first time in the hospital...

I was already mesmerized by her sweet personality and her beautiful eyes...

I had been in love with Jae-nuna since the day we first met...

17 years ago...

But...

She was not mine to have and to hold...

Her heart belonged to someone else...

Ze-hyung...

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
专属天使の悪戯なKiss m(~_~)m

1 comment:

tedheads said...

joong so poor thing...
tt ze y must snatch jae away fr joong...
joong jia you...
dun lose 2 ze