Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Destined 遐想 - Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Show Vs Arron (Final Showdown)







*帅哥帅哥......你有一个新短信......帅哥帅哥......你有一个新短信......*

Show took out his phone. It was a SMS from Ting. Show was very excited. He wondered what Ting had to say to him? Something mushy? Deep in his heart, Show wished that Ting would sent him a mushy SMS. He crossed his fingers, hoping that something pleasant would come out of the message.

Show crossed his fingers, as he read the SMS.

Are you free tomorrow for lunch? I need to tell Arron something and I hope that you can be there with me. Meet me at the cafe down the street near the hostel at 12p.m.

What does Ting meant by that? Is she going to tell me that she's going to choose Arron over me? Or is she going to tell Arron to give up on her and that she is going to be mine? ARGH.... This is so frustrating. What am I supposed to do now? Should I tell her that I'm going? Or should I tell her that I'm busy tomorrow. Or should I ask her what she is going to tell Arron.

Show never felt so confused in his life before. This driving him crazy. But, he did not have the courage to ask Ting what is that about. He was afraid that if he really did ask Ting, he would hear something that he would not want to. But, this is the time for him to fight back. To fight for the one that he felt so dearly towards. He knew that he could not lose Ting. Ting was important to him. The only thing he could not understand was why he could have the courage to stand in front of strangers and declare his love for Ting, but he did not have that same courage to ask Ting about Arron. How silly can he get?

Show held his hand phone in his hand. He hesitated for a while. Finally, Show gathered all his might and courage. He decided to give Ting an answer. But, the answer was not to question Ting about the meeting with Arron.



Ting, I can make it tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 11.30a.m, and we'll go together.




Show crafted out the message. However, he paused for a moment before sending it out. Once again, Show did not have the courage to press the send button. Thus, he decided to close his and count to five before pressing the 'send' button.

"One........ two.......... three...... four........ five....."

After the last count, Show still did not have the courage to press that 'send' button. He decided to try it again.

"One........ two.......... three...... four........ five....."

This time, Show managed to press that very important but scary button. It was a success. Show managed it all by himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beep...Beep*

Arron phone rang. Who could it be? Arron was happy that Ting was the one who sent him that SMS. Excitedly, Arron immediately read the message.

Arron, is it possible that you could meet me at 12.00p.m at the cafe down the street near the hostel?

Arron was overjoyed that Ting would send such a message to him. Ting was always treating very coldly. She would ignore him or scream at him to get lost whenever he was around her. This time was different. Ting was actually taking the initiative to ask him out. Without wasting anymore time, Arron replied Ting, telling her that he would be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day.....

*Ding Dong..... Ding Dong......*

"Wait!!!! Coming......"

Ting ran to the door, and open it. The time is only 11.15 a.m. Who could it be? It could not be Show. He said that he was coming at 11.30 a.m.



Ting was surprised when the door opened and the person who was standing in front of her was not Show.

"Arron?? Why are here? I thought that I told you to meet me at the cafe at 12? It's still early. Why don't you wait for me at the cafe while I get myself ready?"

"Since I'm already at the doorstep, why don't you let me into the hostel? I could wait for you here. I don't think you would take that long, do you?"

Arron was standing at the door, waiting for Ting to invite him into the house. However, Ting used her whole body to block the entrance to the hostel.



"Erm.... I don't think you should wait in the hostel. I think I will take a while before getting ready. So, could you wait for me at the cafe. I'll try to be quick".



"I don't think I could wait for you there. Please???"

Arron looked at Ting with those pleading eyes again. He looked so innocent with that look. Ting could not bear to chase him out of the hostel. But, there was no way he could stay in the hostel. Show was going to come any moment. What if Show saw them together? Moreover, both Ning and Ying were not at the hostel. Both of them went out of with their dates. Ting was afraid that Show could get the wrong idea.

"Sorry, Arron. The girls are not in. So, I don't think I can let you in. After all, this is Ying's hostel, and I can't let anyone in without her permission. Why don't you wait for me......."

Before Ting could finish her sentence.......

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??????"

Show ran towards Arron, and grabbed Arron by his shirt. Show lifted up his fist, getting all ready to fling it at Arron.

Unfortunately, Ting grabbed Show's fist just in time before he could fling it at Arron.

"Ting!!! Why did you stop me? And why is he doing here? What have you got to say?"

Show was very angry. He could not believe his eyes. He thought Ting was going to meet Arron at the cafe, but in the end, it turned out that Arron is here at the hostel.

"Show, I didn't know that he would turn up at the hostel. I've arranged to meet him at the cafe. I really didn't ask him to come up here".

"I don't believe you. If you didn't ask him to come to the hostel, then what is he doing here. Don't tell me that my eyes are playing tricks on me?"

"Show, please believe me. I really didn't ask him to come up".

At this point where Show and Ting had some misunderstanding, Arron feeling happy deep down in his heart. If Show continued to suspect Ting, then Ting would be his eventually.



"So what if Ting asked me to be here or not. It's really none of your business. Let me tell you the truth, it was Ting who asked me to be here. She wanted to tell me something before meeting you, so she told me to come to the hostel first".

Show was boiling with anger deep in his heart. He could not believe it. He always trusted Ting, but how could she do such a thing?

"ARRON!!!! What are you saying? Could you please shut up now? I'm trying to explain things here, and I really don't need you here to make things worse. Just shut up will you".

"Ting, what are you saying? I'm just trying to help you. Why do you even bother about that Show? We'll just leave him alone and continue our date".

"WHAT DATE???? I thought.... Ting..... How could you do this? Now, I really got nothing to say".

Show took a glance at Ting and then at Arron. After that, he turned around and left.

"SHOW!!! DON'T GO!!!!!! DON'T BELIEVE HIM!!!!!!!" screamed Ting

Show did not want to hear what Ting was saying. His heart did not soften when Ting called for him to stay. He continued walking, with each steps faster than the other. He did not even turn back to take a look at Ting.

"ARRON!!!! What have you done??? I can't believe this!!!! I need to settle things with Show first. Wait for me at the cafe".

Ting went off to chase Show, leaving Arron confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SHOW!!!!!............ WAIT FOR ME!!!!! ..................PLEASE STOP AND LET ME EXPLAIN!!!!!!.........."

Ting screamed and pant as she chased after Show. However, Show did not stop and continued to walk even faster.

"SHOW!!!! PLEASE...... I..... REALLY.... NEED..... TO..... EXPLAIN......."

"Okay, I'll give you another chance provided that the Arron guy is not around now".

Show's back was facing Ting.

"I'm.... sure.... that.... Arron is.... is..... not here..... Let... me... me... catch my... breath first...." Ting panted.

Show started to turn around and walk towards Ting.

"What is it that you have to explain?"

"I really didn't ask Arron to come up to the hostel. I was surprised to see him too. Initially, I wanted to meet him and you at the cafe. But, then you wanted to pick me up, so I agreed. I wanted to tell Arron that you are the only one who means so much to me. Arron and I are in the past. Now, it's you and I. Show, please believe me".

"Is it true? You mean everything you said?"

"Yes. Show......I....."

Upon hearing the word 'yes', Show knew that Ting did not lie to him. He moved closer to Ting. Before Ting could finish her sentence, Show embraced Ting.

"I'm sorry, Ting. I should have believe you. I'm really sorry. Please forgive me?"

"Hmmmm..... If you want me to forgive you, you must do something now," Ting said cheekily.

"What? What do you want me to do?"

Show was confused by Ting's request.

"Accompany me to the cafe and let me tell Arron that between it's over between him and I".

"That easy?"

Show could not believe that the task he needed to do was so easy. He thought Ting would make him do something which would be tougher.

"For the moment, I think yes. But, I might be think of something else later".

"Hmmm..... Alright".


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Arron was surprised to see that Ting and Show were holding hands as they headed towards the cafe. Both Ting and Show looked so happy in each others company.

Ting and Show saw Arron and went to seat at the table where Arron was.

"Hey, Arron. I need to tell you something. I'm with Show now. I don't think there would be a second chance for me and you. But, we could still be friends".

"You sure you want to choose this creep over me? Can't you see that I'm much better than him?"

"I'm sure. A hundred percent sure if you ask me. No matter how many times you ask me this question, the answer would still be the same. I'm sorry, Arron".

Arron could not believe his ears. All along, he thought Ting still felt something for him. He did not see this coming. Sadly, Arron left the cafe alone, leaving Show and Ting.

1 comment:

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

wow at last ting is finally with show... no more "intruding exes"...