Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Inseparable...

Xiah and Fifi were just leaving the apartment and were taking the lift down. When Jaejoong and I finally reached the apartment, and he parked his car in the basement carpark, and took the clutches, while I opened the door to try to get out.

Jaejoong: STOP!!! Kiki, I thought I told you to stay where you are and wait for me...

Jaejoong rushed over with the clutches and helped me get out of the car.

Kiki: Mianeyo... I just wanted to get out of the car first so you don't have to rush here and there...

Jaejoong placed the clutches against his car and scooped me up in his arms. Then he passed the clutches to me.

Kiki: Jaejoong... I can walk with the clutches... You don't have to...

Jaejoong: The doctor said that you are not supposed to walk too much... So you just hold on to these... I'll do the walking for you...

Kiki: But I...

Jaejoong ignored me and started walking towards the lobby. I looked at Jaejoong as he walked into the lobby and took the lift up to my apartment. His expression was gentle, yet determined to have things done his way. Right now, I was so tired from the incident that all I wanted to do was rest and not argue anymore about how things should be done. Once we were in the lift, I leaned my head on his shoulder. I felt his head move when I did that.

Jaejoong: What's wrong?

Kiki: I think it's the painkillers... I'm feeling a bit drowsy...

Jaejoong: We're reaching soon. You can rest once we reach.

Kiki: Okay...

Slowly, my eyes closed, and I snuggled up in his arms. It felt so safe, in his arms. I could rest without a care...

Jaejoong: Kiki honey... Are you awake?

When I opened my eyes, I realised that Jaejoong had already carried me to my apartment's doorstep.

Kiki: Joongie... Sorry I dozed off... I'm awake now... Are we there already?

Jaejoong: It's okay... I need you to open the door, cos I kinda have my hands full at the moment... Hee hee...

He smiled at me, and I realised that he was carrying me, so he couldn't open the door. So I leaned the clutches against the wall, and dug for my key and he lowered me a little to let me open the door. When I opened the door, I realised that none of the guys were there...

I grabbed the clutches from the wall, and Jaejoong carried me into the apartment, and kicked the door shut with his foot. Jaejoong walked into my room, placed me into my bed and covered me up with the quilt. He placed the clutches beside the bed. He took a glance at his watch.

Jaejoong: Wow, it's almost lunch time already... Do you want me to whisk up something for you? You must be hungry from all the drama in the morning...

Kiki: Ne... I am a bit hungry... Maybe cos I didn't have a good breakfast...


Jaejoong: Ne.. I'll go make something for you and myself... You have some rest first... I'll wake you when lunch's ready...


I nodded, and closed my eyes. I felt his hand brush across my face, before planting a soft peck on my forehead. I opened my eyes when I felt him kiss my forehead. He looked down at me and smiled.

Jaejoong: I thought you were going to rest? How come you're still opening your eyes again?

Kiki's thoughts: Cos I'm wondering how come you always kiss me on my forehead...

I looked at Jaejoong and pondered for a while.

Jaejoong: You're waiting for me to leave the room first before you fall asleep, is it? Okay, don't worry, I won't look at you sleep, I'll go and make lunch now...


Jaejoong smiled and walked out of my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaejoong popped his head into my room and peeped at the bed, I was still sleeping from the medication. He walked in and sat himself next to me on the bed. I didn't even stir in my sleep.

Jaejoong: Kiki... Lunch's ready...

I turned over to face the other side of the bed, away from him. Jaejoong was amused by my move, and climbed onto the bed, kneeing next to me. As my back was facing him, he couldn't see my face, which was half covered by my hair, and half hidden under the quilt.

Jaejoong's thoughts: Argh... I can't see her face at all... Don't know if she's awake or still asleep... Gotta move to get a better view...

Jaejoong decided that he would crawl over to the other side of the bed, instead of walking over, since I was still sleeping so soundly. So he reached his leg over me, across to the other side of the bed, and reached his hand over to support himself.

Just when his hand touched the other side of the bed, I turned over in my sleep, which gave him a shock, making him lose his balance and fall flat onto me. I was startled awake by the impact of him falling onto me. And the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Jaejoong's face falling onto mine.

Kiki: OUCH!!!! KIM JAEJOONG!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!!!!

Jaejoong's head knocked onto mine when he fell onto me, and my forehead was painful from the knock. When he heard my shouts, Jaejoong scratched his head dorkily and gave an embarrassed smile.

Jaejoong: Mianeyo... I was trying to climb over to the other side of the bed when you woke up... And....

I looked at him in disbelief, the pain from the hard knock on my head distracted me from the fact that he was lying on top of me.

Kiki: Aish~ Can't you walk over? My ankle is already hurt... Are you trying to give me a brain concussion too?

I rubbed my head gingerly. Suddenly remembering that I was already hurt, he rubbed my head apologetically.

Jaejoong: Joesong hamnida.... Is it very painful? I'm sorry my head's so hard... Otherwise you won't be in so much pain....

I laughed when I heard his remark. He was so blur when he saw me laughing, he didn't realise that he had said something funny.

Jaejoong: Why are you laughing?

Kiki: Joongie... Everyone's head is hard... If not, then we'll all be brain damaged if we ever fall and hit our heads... Like this...

Jaejoong: Ne... You're right... Haa haaa....

He covered his mouth when he laughed, and that was when we both suddenly realised that he was lying on top of me. He hurriedly pushed himself up and rolled over to the other side of the bed, and got off.

Jaejoong: We better get you out of bed so that you can have your lunch...

I nodded my head and pushed myself up to a sitting position. I reached over for the clutches. But Jaejoong pulled my hand back.

Jaejoong: Gwenchanayo... Since I'm here I can carry you over...

And with that, he pulled the quilt away from me, and lifted me into his arms.

After lunch, we chatted as he washed up everything for me. And then he carried me over to the sofa to watch some TV together with me. But I dozed off after a while, after taking my medication, and slept in his arms. He carried me back into my room to let me rest, while he continued watching TV to occupy himself while I was resting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Ding dong ding dong*

Jaejoong opened the door without looking through the eyehole, thinking it was the guys bringing the girls back from the day's tour. To his surprise...

Kiki's Leader: Jaejoong-shi!!! How come you're at Kiki's apartment?!!! Where's Kiki??!!!

Jaejoong got a shock of his life when he opened the door to find Kiki's leader behind it. He was holding a pile of documents, which were probably information for Kiki to work on.

Jaejoong's thoughts: Oh no... What am I going to do? What should I say?

Jaejoong pondered for a while, and finally he made up an excuse for himself.

Jaejoong: Annyeong haseyo... Kiki-shi is resting now. I met her downstairs when she was coming back in a cab. And I saw that she was walking in clutches with her ankle bandaged, so I helped her up to her apartment and brought her some food. Since she obviously can't do it herself in that state, and she's all alone in a foreign country. I was just going to leave when you pressed the doorbell...

Kiki's leader: Oh I see... Well since she's resting, can you just help me put these on the table for her, I'll contact her later to let her know what I need her to do. I'll go off first then... Thanks for helping her out... It's very nice of you... Do help us pop by and check on her if you can... Cos we're busy with location recees these few weeks, when she's going to be resting at home... So no one is free to take care of her... Anyway, thanks....

Kiki's leader passed the things to Jaejoong, and entered the lift to go to his apartment. Once the lift started going down, Jaejoong breathed a sigh of relief and closed the door.

Jaejoong's thoughts: Gosh that was close... I hope he didn't suspect anything... I better wake Kiki to let her know...

Jaejoong put the things on the table and walked into my room. Once he saw me resting peacefully on my bed, he decided that he would not let me know about my leader coming and just leave it until I woke up and saw the documents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Song for this chapter: Natalie Cole - Inseparable

1 comment:

tedheads said...

why is kiki screaming KIM JAEJOONG??? i thought this is fifi's line... kiki stole her line... hahahah...