Friday, June 15, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 33

Chapter 33: The Night After

"Kiki honey, are you awake?"

I stirred in my sleep when I heard a voice call me. When I opened my eyes, I found myself sleeping on my bed, still in Jaejoong's arms. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and replied, "Yes... I am now..."

I pulled his arms away, and got up to a sitting position, and stretched my arms in the air.

"You're getting out of bed already?" Jaejoong asked, still lazing on my bed.

"Yeah... I gotta work today, remember..." I turned and replied.

I started inching my way off the bed, but Jaejoong suddenly sprung up and grabbed my arm. Before I could say "Huh" he had already tugged me back into his arms. And my face was muffled against his chest.

"Joongie... I need to get ready for work..." I tried to pushed my head away to speak.

He kept pushing my head back onto his chest.

"o... you can spare a few more moments with me in bed..."

"*sigh* Alright... 10 more minutes okay... I still need to grab breakfast before I go..."

"I can make that for you when you shower... So we have 30 minutes more to snuggle..." he looked down at me and planted kisses on my forehead, my nose, before reaching for my lips.

I reacted by covering my mouth with my hands.

"Aish~ Joongie, no kissing before washing up..."

"I don't care..." He pulled my hands aside and tried again.

I closed my mouth and hid my lips from him, shaking my head as he leaned in closer.

"I'll let you off for now... You owe me a kiss..."

Seeing his attempt was going nowhere, he kissed my cheeks instead, and let me get out of the bed to wash up and prepare for work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*ding dong ding dong*

Jaejoong has just finished making breakfast when the doorbell rang. He opened the door for me, and the entire gang rushed in, planting themselves at the dining table. They started ogling at the food, and Jaejoong gave them a dirty look.

"Hyung, can we eat the food?" Xiah asked, smiling innocently at Jaejoong.

"What do you think?"

"YES!!!" And all of them attacked the food.

Seeing that there wasn't enough food to go around, and definitely not for himself and Kiki. He started cooking more.

I just got out of the bathroom, when I heard the noisy chatter going on in the apartment. I walked over to see what it was, and saw everyone gorging themselves at the dining table. I stood there for a while to observe them.

Joongie is so extremely talkative off-camera... He was hitting Xiah and Max's hands for trying to pinch food from his and my share of food, and was having some sort of verbal exchange with Max at the same time about eating from his own plate.

I walked over to join them quietly.

"Max stop it. That's Kiki's... Eat your own..."

I smiled, "You guys are so noisy every morning during breakfast?"

"Ne... Xiah and Max are always hungry... So they always pinch other people's food... So I have to guard your food for you... Otherwise there'll be none when you're out..."

"The way the both of you talk is like some debate going on..."


"Ne... If you listen to Max and Jaejoong-hyung talk, even if the ones listening don't say a word, you'll get thirsty just by the sheer amount of verbal exchange between the two of them..."


"The three of us think it sounds like the two of them are rapping when they talk to each other, they talk so fast and so much..."


"And one of their favourite games is saying sentences using hard words and mixing in English..."


"And they also like getting into primary school fights, hitting each other, throwing things at each other..."

As Micky was making the comment, Max pinched a piece of bacon off my plate, and Jaejoong started chasing him around, trying to hit him to get him to return the piece of bacon.

"...and chasing one another around... Well... pretty much like what they are doing now..."

Max dashed behind me and tried to use me to block Jaejoong.

"Max..." I turned to look at Max hiding behind me.

"Nuna, help me!!!" he pleaded.

"Joongie..." I turned back to look at Jaejoong, who was trying to reach his hands behind me to grab Max.

"Get away from Kiki... Max!!!" His face looked so comically serious, I started laughing.

"Nuna, help me!!!" Max pleaded again.

Seeing Max so desperate, and the struggle getting nowhere, I reached my hands around Jaejoong's neck, pulled him towards me, and planted a kiss on his lips. Almost immediately, his waving hands stopped reaching for Max, and he slipped them around me instead, pulling me closer to him.

Everyone was shocked when the shouting stopped, and turned to see what had happened. They stared in wide-eyed surprise when they saw the two of us in lip-lock.

When we stopped kissing, we saw all of them looking at us with a "WOW" face.

"Nuna... That's kinda extreme just to help me right?"

"Aish~ What do you mean by that? Is kissing me so bad?" Jaejoong shot Max a dirty look.

Max made a apologetic face for his blunt remark. I turned to smile at Max.

"Of course not... Helping you is just tagging on to the more important task of giving him a kiss..." I turned back and placed my hand on Jaejoong's face. He took it with his hand and kissed it gently, and fitted his hand into mine before putting it down.

"OHHHHH GAWDDDDD!!! I'm freeezzziiinnngg here... Someone please turn up the heater...."

Jaejoong turned and gave Micky a "Zip it" look, before turning back to me. Micky made a "Oh no, I better keep quiet" face, and went back to his breakfast.

"You want your breakfast now? I can give you one of my bacon, since MAX has "stolen" yours..." Jaejoong's tone was comparatively much gentler towards me.

"Hyung... But I am still hungry... Nuna...."

"Gwenchanayo, Max... I don't mind..." I patted Max on his shoulders before turning back to Jaejoong, "You keep yours, Joongie... I'm fine with just the toast and jam, you guys can have the rest... I just need to grab a bite before I leave..." I looked at my watch, "And I need to leave now..."

I grabbed the slice of toast with jam from the plate and gathered my things to make a dash towards the door. Jaejoong followed me to the door, and watched as I struggled to get my shoes on. When I stood up, he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Annyeongi kaseyo, yeobo..." He looked at me lovingly, smiled and waved goodbye to me.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Annyeongi kyeseyo Joongie... De wa matta (see u later)..." And I stepped out of the house. When the door almost closed, I remembered that I forgot to do something and pushed it back open.

Jaejoong was still waving goodbye at the door. He smiled when I reopened the door.

"Forgot something? You blur queen..."

"Ne..." And I tiptoed up to plant a kiss on his lips.

"Annyeongi kyeseyo sweetie, gotta rush!!!" I dashed out of the door, before Jaejoong could react, and left him touching his lips with his hand in a daze.

"How I wish that this kind of beautiful life can last forever... *sigh*" I thought to myself in the lift.

"Hyung, are you going to eat your breakfast? If not, I can help you finish it..."

Jaejoong turned around and walked back to the dining table, and sat down. When he recalled what had just happened, a sweet smile flashed across his face.

"I guess he'll be full just by thinking of Kiki calling him sweetie... I think it's safe for you to finish up his food..." Theo responded.

Jaejoong looked up when he heard my name. Max, who was reaching to sneak Jaejoong's plate away from him, immediately dashed back to his seat.

"Is she back again?" He looked around the apartment.

"Anio Jaejoong... She's gone to work already..." Fifi replied.

His face looked disappointed when he heard Fifi's reply. He took a slice of toast from the plate and pushed it towards Max.

"Max, you can finish up mine too, I'll just take the toast and coffee..."

Max looked at Jaejoong, uncertainly. But when he saw Jaejoong get up from the table, and taking his toast and coffee with him, he attacked the food from the plate.

The rest looked at Jaejoong as he walked in a daze to the sofa area.

"I wonder if anything good happened last night... These two look sweeter than honey around each other..."

"But once they are not together, hyung looks so lost..."

Everyone turned to steal another glance at Jaejoong. He was still munching on the toast in a daze.

"Yeah..."

"I wanna 'interrogate' Kiki later when she gets back from work... This is just too exciting to be left out of..." Fifi commented.

"You are such a gossip queen you know..." Theo added.

"What!!!??? This is called 'concern over my good friend' okay?"

"Aiyah... Gossip queen is gossip queen lah... Don't try to give it some nice name..."

Xiah and U-Know looked at the two of them as they rebutted each other over being gossip mongers.

"Erm girls... I think we have a bigger problem here now..." Micky interuppted their bickering.

"WHAT!!!???!!!"

Micky pointed at Jaejoong. Jaejoong had moved to sit beside the window sill, and was staring out of the window mutedly, apparently in deep thoughts.

"Can somebody try to communicate with him? And get him out of the dazed state? I know we don't have anything on today, but we're supposed to bring the girls out for the day... If he stays like that, how are we going to go out later?" U-Know complained.

The rest looked at each other. They decided to play scissors, paper, stone to decide who shall go and talk to Jaejoong. Xiah was the loser.

Xiah moved slowly over to Jaejoong.

"Hyung..."

When Xiah started to speak, Jaejoong suddenly pushed himself away from the window and dashed past him. Everyone was taken aback by his sudden move, and couldn't react in time. Soon he was already out of the apartment, leaving the rest in a confusion.

"I wonder what got into him all of a sudden..." Xiah commented.

"God knows..." Fifi replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaejoong's thoughts...

She called me sweetie just now... When I called her yeobo... *giggle* At last she's responding to my nicks the way I want her to... *giggle* And it feels kinda nice hearing her call me that... *giggle*

But she didn't eat the breakfast I prepared for her at all... Just the toast... And the... OH NO!!! She didn't take any coffee!!!! I gotta send a cup over to her or she'll get headaches later in the day, cos she haven't had her daily dose of caffeine... I'd better hurry before anyone else goes into the office and sees me...

No comments: