Saturday, June 30, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 38

Chapter 38: A Day at the Park


Fifi: Xiah, do you know where to go now?

Xiah: Not too sure.

Both Xiah and Fifi were in the car. Xiah seemed to be driving aimlessly, not knowing where to go.

Fifi: Why don't I give them a call while you continue driving?

Xiah: Anio. Why don't we go somewhere else ourselves? I bet U-know Hyung brought them to some traditional Korean restaurant for lunch.

*RING~~~~~~ RING~~~~~~~*

Fifi: Yobosayo.

Theo: Fifi! Are you still sleeping?????

Fifi: Anio.

Theo: Then, come quickly. By the way, are you with Xiah?

Fifi: Erm... Erm...

Theo: Don't erm me. I know you're with him. All of us saw him going back to the apartment when we were leaving.

Fifi: Oh yeah. Where are you guys?

Theo: We are at the restaurant that we were at for dinner last night. We're there already.

Fifi: Okay. We'll be there in a while.

Fifi put down the phone.

Xiah: Who was that?

Fifi: Theo called. The rest of the guys are at the restaurant that we had dinner last night. You know the place right?

Xiah: Ne. But, I want to bring you somewhere else special for lunch.

Fifi: We can go another time. The rest are waiting for us.

Xiah: Alright.

Xiah was a little disappointed. Initially, he wanted to bring Fifi somewhere else so that he could have some private time with her. He knew that Fifi was going back to Singapore soon, and he wanted to spend more time with her.

Xiah was in control of where they were going, and Fifi was not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the restaurant.....

Max: Where's Fifi and Hyung? What is taking them so long? I'm hungry.


Theo: They will be here soon. I think they are on their way. It won't take that long, I guess.

U-know: I think we can order the food while waiting for them. By the time they are here, the food will be served.

U-know called the waitress and ordered their food.

When the food came, Fifi and Xiah were not there yet.

Max: Where's Fifi and Hyung? I think we should give them a call.

*Beep~~~ Beep~~~*

There was one incoming message for U-know.

Hyung, Fifi and I won't be joining you guys for lunch and I think for the rest of the day too. You guys can go ahead without us.

U-know: Hey guys, I think we can start eating without Xiah and Fifi. They won't be joining us for the rest of the day. I don't know what is Xiah thinking, always playing the missing game with Fifi.

Micky: Hyung, it's like so obvious. Can't you see it? Xiah wants to spend more time alone with Fifi, and he doesn't want us there to bother him.

Max: Anyway, isn't it better that they are not coming anymore. I can start eating now. I don't have to wait anymore.

Everyone: MAX!!!!!

Max: ??!!! I'm hungry. And you know how much I have to eat.

Max started to dig in without waiting for the others. Everyone started laughing when they saw his hungry expression as he eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fifi: Xiah, do you know where are you going? It seemed like you're going the wrong way. I don't remember taking this route yesterday.

Xiah: Trust me. I know Seoul better than you. I'm just taking the short cut.

Fifi: Alright. I'm feeling so sleepy. It's all because of you that I have to get up.

Xiah: What do you mean it's all because of me? You should thank me cos I wake you up in time to join them for lunch.

Fifi was feeling very sleepy, she could hardly keep her eyes open.

Fifi: Yeah. Yeah.......

Fifi started to doze off.

Xiah: Fifi?

Xiah was wondering why Fifi was so quiet all of a sudden. He expected Fifi to talk back at him. His vision left the road for a while to find out what Fifi was doing.

Xiah's thought: This girl can really sleep anywhere. I wonder why is she so tired. It's just one late night movie marathon and she's so worn out by it. I think it's better that she dozed off too. At least when she's asleep, she doesn't know that we're not going to meet the rest.

After a long drive, they finally reached Yongsan Family Park. Right in the centre of the park was a pond, surrounded by lush greenery. Picnic tables were ideally situated around the park, with distances not too close to each other. The wind was blowing the willow buds gently, making them dance in rhythm.

Xiah: Fifi? Are you still sleeping?

Fifi did not move at all. She continued sleeping.

Xiah's thought: Never mind. I'll let her sleep a little longer.

Xiah reached out for Fifi's bag, and took out her phone. He recorded a new ring tone and message tone, without Fifi knowing it. After he finished with his mission, he tried to wake Fifi up agian. This time, he made sure that he succeed.

Xiah: FIFI!!!!! WAKE UP!!!! WE'VE REACHED!!!!

Xiah screamed with all your might. Fifi was startled by his screaming.

Fifi: Huh???!!! What's happening?? Are we there yet??

Xiah started laughing when he saw Fifi's reaction. The blur look on Fifi's face was classic. Xiah never saw this blur and startled look of Fifi before. Fifi was still very confused by Xiah's reaction.
Fifi:Huh??? Why are you laughing??

Xiah: Never mind. Come on, let's go or else....

Xiah got out of the car, and went to the passenger side to open the door for Fifi.

Fifi: Kamsa hamnida.

Fifi got out of the car. What was presented in front of her was lush greenery. Now, she is really confused. She wondered why the restaurant looked so different during the day and night. From her memory, there wasn't such a scenery near the restaurant,

Fifi: Xiah, do you think we are at the right place? It looked so different from last night. I think we better give them a call again to double check with them.

Xiah: We are at the right place. The only thing is that I decided that we should not join the rest for lunch. So, we are here at the Yongsan Family Park. The air here is so fresh, and the view here is just so lovely. Don't you think so?

Fifi: Huh?? Am I dreaming or what? I thought we were supposed to be at the restaurant. I think I must be dreaming.

Xiah: Fifi, you're not dreaming. You are really here at the park.

Fifi (mumbled to herself): Wake up!! Wake up!!!

Xiah: What are you saying?

Fifi: Nothing. I'll wake up soon enough.

Xiah: Fifi, you are really not dreaming. If you don't believe, try pinching me. If I scream, that means you are not dreaming.

Fifi went closer to Xiah, and pinched him with all her might.

Xiah: OUCH!!!! THAT HURTS!!!! You're really not dreaming.

Fifi: I'm sorry. I really thought I was dreaming. By the way, why are we here in the park? Did the rest decided to come here to picnic?

Xiah: Hmmm...... The part about the picnic is right. But, the part about the rest is not that correct. The rest are at the restaurant. It's going to be only the two of us for the whole day.

Fifi: Huh?? Are you kidding or what? I thought I told you that we were joining the rest for lunch. Does the rest know that we are not joining them?

Xiah: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. They know. Don't worry. Leave everything to me, and just enjoy yourself today.

Fifi's thought: What does he mean by only the two of us for the whole day? Does it mean that the rest are not going to be here? Oh no!!! What am I supposed to do? How am I going to pass the whole day? This is terrible.

Fifi: Xiah, do you think that it's better that we join the rest instead of coming out ourselves just like that?

Xiah: Anio. Gwenchanayo.

Xiah went to the boot, and took out a picnic basket.

Xiah: Fifi, why don't you find a good sport that we can place our things while I get the stuff out.

Fifi: Okay.

Fifi found a perfect shady sport under a tall and big tree.

Fifi: How about this spot here? This is shady, and we won't get too much of the sun.

Xiah: That's nice. I like the spot you pick.

Xiah placed the mat on the ground. Then, he placed the picnic basket on the ground and situated himself comfortably on the mat.

Xiah: Fifi, come and sit here as we enjoy the food.

Xiah patted the empty space beside him, gesturing Fifi to seat beside him.

Fifi: I don't think there will be enough food in the basket. I'll go and buy some.

Fifi turned around and started to leave. But, Xiah was not going to let Fifi leave so easily. He got up and grabbed hold of Fifi's arm.

Xiah: You don't have to buy anything. I've prepared everything. All you have to do is to sit here beside me and enjoy the food.

Xiah sat on the mat first and tried to pull Fifi to sit. Fifi did not have any choice but to sit down on the mat and enjoy the rest of the time with Xiah.

Fifi: Are you sure that you have enough food? I didn't even see you preparing anything. Where did you get all the food from?

Fifi was curious why didn't Xiah allowed her to buy some food.

Xiah: Don't worry. I came prepared.

Xiah began to take food stuff out from the basket. First, it was sandwiches, then fruits. This was not all. There were even rice roll, cake, and a pie.

Fifi stared at Xiah in amazement as he laid the food on the mat. He wondered how Xiah could churn out so much food in a short amount of time.

Fifi: How did you do that? The picnic basket seemed to have some magic. And when did you prepared all these?

Xiah: I've got my ways. And, I'm not telling you.

The suspense was killing Fifi. She needed to know the answer.

Fifi: Please?? Can you tell me how did you do that? I want to know.

Xiah: I'll tell you on one condition.

Fifi: Okay. What's the condition?

Xiah: If you win me in a game of soccer.

Fifi: Huh? Soccer. This is impossible. You know how bad I was at soccer that time we were at the stadium. Now, I'm never going to know where all these food come from.

Xiah: I'll make it easier. If you play soccer with me, I'll tell you.

Fifi: Must I really play soccer? I'm really bad at it.

Xiah: If you want to know, you will have to play. So?

Xiah looked at Fifi mischievously, waiting for her reply.

Fifi: Alright. Alright. But, you must tell me first.

Fifi was planning to trick Xiah into telling her, without playing soccer with him. To Fifi's delight, Xiah did fall for her trick.

Xiah: Okay. I bought all these food when you were sleeping at home.

Fifi: You mean I've slept that long for you to buy so much food?

Xiah: Yeah. I was really bored, so I went to the supermarket to buy all these food. So, can we play soccer now, since the weather is so nice and we are at the park.

Fifi: Soccer. Sure. But, after eating all these food. I don't want to waste your effort in preparing all these.

Xiah: Okay.

Once again, Xiah fell right in to Fifi's trap.

After finishing almost all the food, Xiah wanted to play soccer with Fifi again.

Xiah: Since we are all done with the food, I think it's time for you to play soccer with me.

Fifi: I don't think I want to. I'm really full.

Xiah: But, you promised. I don't care. You must play with me.

Fifi: When did I ever say that I was going to play with you?

Xiah: You sure you're not going to play with me?

Fifi: Yeah. I rather sit here and enjoy the cool breeze.

Xiah went closer to Fifi and started to tickle her.

Fifi: KIM JUNSU!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!

Fifi was giggling as she scolded Xiah. Xiah ignored Fifi, he continued to tickle her.

Xiah: Not unless you agree to play with me.

Fifi tried to struggle free from Xiah's clutches. At last, she managed to. She got up from the mat and tried to escape.

Xiah: You're not going anywhere. I'm going to get you.

Fifi turned around, and stuck out her tongue.

Fifi: I'm not going to let you get me. If you can catch me, I'll play with you.

Fifi started to run away from Xiah.

Xiah: Don't forget that I can run faster than you.

Xiah chase Fifi round the park as he screamed Fifi's name.

With his quick reflexes and speed, Xiah managed to catch up with Fifi. He decieded that he was not going to catch her from behind. He ran a little ahead from Fifi and hid himself behind a tree.

Fifi turned her head to the back to see if Xiah was still behind her as she was running. But, she did not see Xiah. She thought she had finally escaped from Xiah. She turned her head to the front, and continued running.

*Bish~~~~*

Fifi's head knock onto Xiah's chin and she lost her balance. She started to fall backwards, and pulled Xiah's shirt.

*BANG!!!!!*

Fifi fell to the ground, with Xiah on top of her, and their lips met.

No comments: