Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Dinner Date with Jaejoong

"Yoboseyo... Max... Kiki here... "


"Nuna!!! How did it go? Did hyung forgive you?"

"Ne, he did... But I can't meet up with you guys for dinner later..."


"Wae? I thought he forgave you?"


"Cos he wants to spend some time alone with me... So I can't join you guys... Mianeyo..."


"And you're obliging? And ditching us???!!!"

"Ne... I think I'd better oblige... Won't be able to do this so often when the work starts... Just want to spend as much time with him when I still can..."

"Does he know about the change in plot yet?"

"Anio... I haven't told him yet... I think now is not the time to do it... I'll just have to keep it a secret until the producers announce it. You guys are not supposed to know too. So do keep it a secret for me. Don't tell anyone else about it."

"Okay... I understand..."

"Enjoy yourselves then... Annyeongi kyeseyo..."

"Nuna..."

"Ye?"

"Kiki-nuna... Fighting!!! You can do it!"

"Kamsahamnida, Max..." I ended the call.

"Kiki... FIGHTING!!! You can do it... You just have to trust him... Miduhyo... Remember?"
I thought to myself.

"I'm ready!!!" Jaejoong dashed out of his room in a huff and jumped in front of me.

I was awakened from my thoughts but his actions. I looked up at him, and stood up to leave with him. Once I stood up, he placed his arm around my shoulders, and pulled me closer to him. I responded by putting my arm around his waist.

"You smell good after the shower..."

"You mean I don't smell good normally?"


"Anio... I..."


He pulled me closer to him.

"It feels so good to be able to hold you like this..."

I looked up at him, and he looked down when he felt me move in his arms.

"Yes, yeobo? What's wrong?"

"Why did you say welcome home just now? And why are you calling me yeobo? What's that?"

He smiled, "Cos I just wanted to see how it feels like... to call you honey..."

I blinked at his response blurly. Not knowing what he was thinking in his mind at all. His eyes exuded a gentleness that made my heart melt. I turned away to steady myself.

"Whatever... You just do whatever you want.. As long as it's not in public... You have to call me Kiki-shi in public..." I started walking towards the door.

"Wakarimashita... anata..." He shouted, running towards me to catch up with me.

I turned when I heard him say that, and gave a "Huh" look. He grabbed my shoulders with his hands and turned me back towards the door, leading me out to my apartment.

"Gosh, he is like calling me so many nicknames... And all so..." I shivered as I felt goosebumps go through me when I thought to myself.

"Are you feeling cold?"

"Anio..."

"Then why are you shivering?"

"Nothing..."

He placed his around my neck and hugged me as I struggled through my bag to search for my keys. When he hugged me, I felt even more goosebumps, and when I tried to push the key into the keyhole, hoping to open the door as quickly to get into my apartment, I dropped the keys instead. I wanted to bend to pick up the keys, and since I felt Jaejoong let go of me, I hurriedly reached down to pick up the keys. When I was standing up, he was just reaching down, and bumped into him, dropping the keys again. This time when I bent down to pick up the keys, his hands touched mine. I felt another round of goosebumps go through me, and I shivered again. I retracted my hand immediately and stood up.

"Hee hee... She's acting all nervous and shy around me... Must be because of the names I'm calling her... Hee hee... So cute..." Jaejoong thought to himself as he picked up my keys, and grinned behind his free hand. Then he reached to open the door for me instead. Once the door was open, I dashed into the apartment.

"I'll go wash up first. You can check out the fridge and see what you'd like to cook..." I shouted as I dashed straight into my room, grabbed some clothes randomly and then dashed out to the bathroom.

Jaejoong hid his grin with his hand when he saw me going all nervous like a scatterbrain around my apartment. Then when I didn't emerge again, he went to check out the fridge and decided to make a nice candle-lit dinner for the two of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I slammed the bathroom door behind me, and stood there stunned for a while. I couldn't believe or understand why I was reacting so strongly to his nicknames. It was making me nervous around him, how am I supposed to finish dinner with him when I can't even look at him. Knowing he was just outside, made me feel like not going out of the bathroom, I just wanted to hide there for the rest of the evening.

"Gwenchanayo? I've finished cooking already... Still not done yet?"

I could see his silhouette standing against the frosted glass door.

"So fast!!!" I thought to myself.

"Ne, I'm done..." he replied.

Opps, I thought aloud...

"I'm coming out now... Just a minute..." I mumbled, gathering my dirty laundry in my hands clumsily.

When I opened the door, Jaejoong was standing at the doorway, with one arm propping himself against the doorway and his body leaning on the other side. He looked up at me, and I felt a spark of electricity go through me.

Oh no... He's looking at my with those high-voltage eyes again...

I dived under his arm across the doorway, and tried to make my escape to dump my dirty laundry in the washing machine.

"Yeobo... You dropped something..."

I looked down at my pile of clothes in my hands, and gasped.

Oh no!!!

I closed my eyes and tried to ignore his comment, and carried on to the washing machine. Once I reached the machine, I dumped all the laundry immediately in.

"I think this belongs to you..."

I turned around in shock, and saw Jaejoong dangling my bra from his index finger. Immediately I dashed towards him and tried to grab the garment from him. But he raised his hand, so I couldn't reach it.

"I thought it didn't belong to you... How come you didn't respond earlier when I called you?"

I tried jumping to grab the garment, but he kept raising it higher.

"Joongie!!! Give it back to me!!!"

I was exasperated. I kept jumping but it didn't work at all, he just raised it higher and higher.

"Are you sure it's yours and not Fifi's or Theo's? The size looks different..." He used his other hand to pull the garment up to look at the size.

"KIM JAEJOONG!!!! STOP IT!!! GIVE IT BACK TO ME!!!!" I stopped jumping and shouted.

He looked down at me in amusement, and passed the garment back to me. I snatched it away from him, and threw it into the washing machine, covering up the cover immediately. I took a few deep breathes as I was panting from all the jumping and shouting. He slipped next to me and propped his elbow on top of the washing machine, and looked at me.

"I know that it's definitely yours at one look... I was just playing around... I... You're not angry are you? "

I shook my head.

"Cos I got a surprise for you... Close your eyes..."

He reached over and covered my eyes with his hands.

"Joongie!!! What are you doing!!!"

"Don't worry... Just hold on to me and follow my guide..." He stood nearer to me so that my back leaned against his chest, and nudged me along. I grabbed hold of his hands around my eyes for security.

"You can stop now... But keep your eyes closed... I'll be right back..."

I felt his hands leave my eyes, and he stepped away from me. Then I heard music start playing softly in the background. It was "Miduhyo" the first song I heard from TVXQ. The first MTV that I saw of them... And the MTV that made me fall hopelessly for YoungWoong Jaejoong... How did he know it was my all-time favourite song???

I felt him walk back behind me, and place his hands around my waist. Then he whispered into my ear, "You can open your eyes now..."

I opened my eyes, and saw that he had prepared a nice candle-lit dinner for the two of us, and the table was very nicely set, with things that I didn't even know existed in my kitchen.

"Are these things all from my kitchen?" I turned around and questioned him in amazement.

"Ne... I did some scouting around... Hope you don't mind..."

"Wow... I didn't even know that I had them..."

Jaejoong laughed his musical laughter, and used his hand to cover his laughter.

"Yeobo, you're such a blur queen..." He tousled my hair with his other hand.

I scratched my head blurly, "I guess so... Better do a stock check sometime soon..."

He stepped beside me, and raised his elbow for me to hold on to. I obliged and let him lead me to the seat. Being a perfect gentleman, he pulled the seat for me, and waited for me to be seated comfortably before going to his seat. I looked at him across the candle-lit table, and felt really overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness.

Gosh... I could get used to being pampered by him like a princess everyday...

"Yeobo... Aren't you going to try my cooking?"

I snapped out of my daze and looked at him. I looked down at the nicely garnished plate of steak and took a whiff.

"Smells good..." I took up my cutlery and sliced a small piece of the steak, and brought it to my mouth. Jaejoong looked at me in anticipation as I tasted it.

"Eottokke?"

I smiled, "It's delicious... The sauce... done just to my liking... How did you know I like my steaks medium done? I don't remember telling you before? And we've never eaten steak before together..."

He smiled, "It's telepathy..."

"Gosh, you're so..." I shoke my head in disbelief.

"Hee hee... I just thought you'd like it this way, since I also prefer mine cooked this way..." He replied more seriously.

We enjoyed a quiet and intimate dinner, and had my favourite Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream as dessert*, together in the comfort of my apartment sofa, without any "intruders" interrupting. Which made me wonder, why aren't anyone coming back at this time? I looked at the clock, it was already 10pm.

*The dessert is for me, since Jaejoong doesn't really like sweet stuff. He just pinches a few scoops from me, and that's about it.

"Joongie, how come the girls aren't back at this time? And they haven't called either. You know where the guys brought them for dinner?"

"They're probably not back yet from dinner. You know how long-winded U-Know can be, he's probably introducing some long history about some traditional food to them as we talk. can I have another scoop of the ice cream?" he replied nonchalantly, and opened his mouth, waiting for me to feed him the ice cream.

"Really... Okay..." I scooped a scoop of ice cream and placed it into his mouth.

As the spoon left his mouth, I placed it back into the bowl.

"I think I'd better give them a call to check where they are..." I placed the bowl on the coffee table and walked to the phone to give them a call.

"Yoboseyo... Max? Kiki here... Where are you guys now?"

"We're erm... still having dinner..."

"Still having dinner? At this time?"

"Ne... You know how long-winded U-Know-hyung can be, he's taking such a long time introducing some long history about the traditional food to the girls... Don't wait for us, we'll be late... And don't worry, we'll take good care of the girls... Annyeongi kyeseyo..."

"Yoboseyo... Yoboseyo... Max??" I put down the phone.

"What did they say?"

"Max said the same thing as you just told me... And asked me not to wait for them..."

"There... Just as I guessed..."

"I guess so..."

"Come on back over here... Your ice cream is melting..." He said, and took up my bowl of ice cream, and waited for me to sit myself back beside him, before passing the bowl back to me, and putting his arm around my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile at the restaurant...

"Was it Kiki calling to ask about us?" Theo asked.

"Ne..."

"Jaejoong is too much man, actually banning us from going back tonight... I mean where are we going to sleep?"

"You can sleep over at our apartment..."

"Really?"

"Ne... You girls can take the room, we'll camp out in the living room..."

"Aw that's sweet of you... U-Know..."

"Hyung... Don't we get any say in this? It's our room too..."

"Mianeyo, you don't... Since you're the youngest..."

Max made a face.

"If it's not for nuna and Jaejoong-hyung, I won't be taking all these man..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback...

When we were still over at their apartment, and I was waiting at the sofa for Jaejoong to get changed, he made a call to Micky and told him to not come back, and to bring the gang somewhere else to hang out for the night.

"Micky, can you bring the rest somewhere else for the night... I don't want Fifi and Theo to come back tonight... Cos I wanna spend some time alone with Kiki tonight..."


"Hyung!!! What are you thinking?!!!"

"I just want some quality time with her alone... I can't communicate with her with so many people around..."

"Okay... I'll see what I can do..."

"Kamsahamnida... Micky..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Actually I don't really like sweet stuff... But seeing the way you enjoy it, makes me think that it's not too bad..." Jaejoong pointed at my bowl of ice cream with his free hand, to indicate that he wants another scoop.

I fed him another scoop.

"Because it is so good in the first place... That's why you're enjoying it..." I smiled as I watched him let the ice cream slowly melt in his mouth to enjoy the taste, as I scooped another scoop for myself.

"Anio... I think it's cos I'm sharing it with you..."

Just after the spoon left my mouth, he leaned nearer to plant a soft kiss on my lips. When he pulled himself away, he licked his lips.

"Your lips taste like the cookie dough ice cream you're eating..."

"Oops..." I covered my lips embarrassingly.

Jaejoong laughed, covering his mouth with his free hand. Then suddenly he stopped and took the bowl from me and placed it on the table. Next he lifted my hand covering my lips with his free hand.

"Gwenchanayo... I'll help you take care of that..."

"What..."

I got a shock when he suddenly leaned in and gave me another kiss. This time he pulled me nearer with his hand around my shoulder, and engulfed my lips in a kiss so passionate it reminded me of the dream I had of him back home. And I slowly gave in to his kiss, putting my arms around him. When he felt my arms go around him, he pulled me in closer to him with both his arms.

After a very very long kiss, he finally separated his lips from mine. And he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Yeogi... The ice cream's all gone now..."

I licked my lips to check. He smiled when he saw me do that.

"Oh yeah... You're right..."

"Well if you're not sure, I can try again..." He leaned nearer.

"Aaaahhhh.... Andwae andwae andwae... gwenchana... gwenchanayo... No need... No need..."

"You sure you don't want me to try again???" he teased.

"Ne... Gwenchanayo..." I looked away at the bowl of ice cream, which had already melted into a bowl of white and brown cream.

"Ah.... My ice cream... All melted... Such a waste..." I leaned towards the bowl and looked at the melted ice cream in pity. I took the bowl and walked towards the kitchen to wash up.

"I thought you didn't like to wash up? Why are you washing now?" Jaejoong commented from the sofa.

"No choice... I'm the last person who touched it... You've already washed up the rest of the stuff for me already anyway... And it's just a bowl and a spoon... I still can handle it..."

As I started soaping them, Jaejoong walked over and propped himself at the counter. I turned and took a glance at the clock. It was already 11.30pm.

"Wow... The girls and guys are surely taking a long time having their dinner... *yawn*"

"If you're tired, don't wait up for them. Max already told you not to right?"

"Yeah... I think I'll head on to bed after washing up... I'm exhausted... Still have a busy day tomorrow... We're location receeing..."

I leaned my head from left to right to stretch my neck muscles. They gave a cracking sound. Seeing me stretch my neck, Jaejoong got over and started giving me a massage while I was rinsing the bowl and the spoon.

"Hmmmm... This feels good..." I placed the bowl and spoon on the rack to dry and closed my eyes to enjoy the massage.

"You're tired... Come on..." He started ushering me to my room.

"Wait, I gotta wash up first before I sleep..." And I walked towards the bathroom. I was brushing my teeth when he walked in.

"A...n't... u.. go..na.. go... bak...?" I mumbled with the toothbrush in my mouth.

Jaejoong smiled in amusement, "What? I can't understand a word you're saying..."

I spat out the froth and rinsed my mouth.

"Aren't you gonna go back?" I asked again, while wetting a face towel to clean my face.

He walked over and took my toothbrush, and squeezed toothpaste on it, before putting it into his mouth and started brushing his teeth. I stared at his reflection in the mirror in surprise.

"Joongie... Why are you washing up at my apartment?"

He spat out the froth and rinsed his mouth. Then he took the face towel from my hand, rinsed it and cleaned his face.

Then he looked at my reflection in the mirror and replied, "Cos I'm staying here tonight with you..."

"What?? Who said... You... I..."

He grabbed me by the shoulders and started pushing me towards my room.

"Joongie... I... The girls will be back... You can't stay.... You..."

"Yeobo... They won't be back tonight..."

"What do you mean they won't be back???? Max just said not to wait up for them... Wait... Wait a minute... Don't tell me..."

I turned at looked at him in disbelief.

"You asked the guys to take them out the entire night so they won't be back??!!!!"

He smiled at me dorkily in reply to my remark.

"Unbelievable..."

He turned me back around and continued pushing me into my room. I was still too shocked to react to whatever he was doing. He had ushered me into the room, pulled away the quilt and pushed me to get into the bed, and covered me with the quilt. Then he walked over and got in the bed from the other side, and shifted himself so that he was next to me.

"Kiki.... Yeobo~..." His voice made me snap out of my daze.

I turned abruptly towards him. He was lying right next to me, and facing me. I jolted back slightly when I realised that we were already in bed.

"Joongie... You and your crazy antics... I wonder how many girls have already "died" in your hands..."

"Well... For the record... You are the first to make me do something like this... So... The answer is... The one and only... You..."

He leaned nearer.

"By the way, you still owe me a hug..."

"Huh??? But you already hugged me just now right?"

"That's not called a hug. It's just my arm on your shoulders..."

"Like that also can!!!"

"Yeah... So you still owe me the hug of the day... So..."

"So???"

"Come nearer..."

I shifted myself nearer to him, and he slipped his arms around me.

"I wanna hug you to sleep..." he mumbled, closing his eyes.

"Huh???" I looked up to try to hear what he was saying better.

But he opened his eyes and looked down at me and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Jaljayo (good night)... Sweet dreams... Yeobo~..." And he closed his eyes.

I looked at him with his eyes closed, and resigned to my fate, and closed my eyes too to try to get some sleep.

No comments: