Thursday, June 14, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 31

Chapter 31: What Are We Going to Do Tonight?

Finally, all the food on the table was finished up. The food was mostly eaten by Xiah and Max.


"Dessert, anyone?"

"I'm very full. I think I'll skip".


"I want dessert!!!!! Ice-cream or some sort of cake would be fine with me even though I'm really full".

Fifi was very excited upon hearing the word 'dessert'. Dessert has always been the favourite part of a meal for Fifi.


"Since you are in Korea, why don't you try some of our traditional Korean dessert. I'm sure you'll like it".

"Okay. I'll give it a try. What do you suggest?"

Xiah was very excited in giving comments on which dessert Fifi should try.


"Why don't you try Baaesook (Cooked Asian pear with peppercorn) , Wha jeon (Pan fried rice cake with flower), or In jeol mi (Sweet rice cake covered with toasted bean powder)?"

"Hmmm.... There's loads of choices here....."


"Why don't we just order everything? We could share it. I think only Theo does not want dessert. Am I right?"

"Yeah".

After dessert, U-know went to settle the bill while the rest chatted as they waited for him.


*Ring....Ring...Ring....*

"Hello... Max? Kiki here... Where are you guys now?"

"We're ermm... still having dinner..."

"Still having dinner? At this time?"

"Yeah... You know how long-winded U-Know-hyung can be, he's taking such a long time introducing some long history about the traditional food to the girls... Don't wait for us, we'll be late... And don't worry, we'll take good care of the girls... Bye..."

"Was it Kiki calling to ask about us?" Theo asked.


"Yeah..."

"Jaejoong is too much man, actually banning us from going back tonight... I mean where are we going to sleep?"

"You can sleep over at our apartment..."

"Really?"

Opps.... What did I just said? We can't be going to their apartment to stay. Sharing the same table as Xiah for dinner was more than enough for me to take. Sitting beside him almost made me suffer am heart attack. What more now? I'm supposed to stay over at his apartment. I'd better think of a way to get out of this before it's too late. Fifi thought to herself


"Yeah... You girls can take the room, we'll camp out in the living room..."

"Aw that's sweet of you... U-Know..."

"Hyung... Don't we get any say in this? It's our room too..."

"Sorry you don't... Since you're the youngest..."

Max made a face.


"If it's not for nuna and Jaejoong-hyung, I won't be taking all these man..."

"Hey, there's no need for you guys to do this. We can find other activities for the night. I think you guys may have your schedule for tomorrow. You have spent the whole day with us. I think we can take it from here".

"Fifi, it's really alright. I don't think we have anything tomorrow. You girls can sleep in our rooms while we take the living room".

"I don't think that would be nice. Anyway, I don't think there's enough space in the living room for all four of you. I've heard that the Dongdaemun Market opens until 5a.m. I think we could go and shop until it closes. Anyway, I can really shop, so there will not be a problem. After that we could head back to the Kiki's apartment. By then, both of them might be awake. So, I don't think it's nice to trouble you guys."

"Fifi, why don't you want to stay at their apartment?" Theo whispered to Fifi.


"I don't want to trouble them. And that's all," Fifi whispered back to Theo.


Xiah was rather disappointed that Fifi rejected his offer. This time, Xiah was feeling rather clueless. Why was Fifi reacting this way? He thought that they did have a fun time at the stadium. Now, she seemed as though she did not want to associate with him anymore.


"Fifi, it's really dangerous for two girls to be out late at night. Why don't we accompany you girls to the Dongdaemun Market? Then we will head back home together?"

"Ermmm.... Ermmm... But.... But... But.... you guys have things on tomorrow. It would be too troublesome, won't it?"

"I don't think so. I've told you that we don't have anything on tomorrow. It really doesn't matter".

Theo nudged Fifi, hinting her to take the offer from the guys. Theo did not want to shop all alone at this hour of the night. She would rather spend the night at the guys apartment.


"Alright," said Fifi reluctantly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


At Dongdaemun Market......


"Dongdaemun Market has been one of the major markets in Korea. There's a full range of fashion items that cover from head to toe, are found in Dongdaemun Market at inexpensive prices. As the night pass, the crowd will start coming..........."

Once again, U-know had taken the role of the tour-guide. He kept on introducing the place to the girls. He pulled Theo along with him into shops to look at the goods.


"There U-know-hyung goes again. I wonder when would he stop. It seemed like he could go on and on. There's like no end to it".

"Yeah. Come to think of it, I'm rather tired now. I feel like sleeping".


Xiah wanted to know what was going on in Fifi's mind. Fifi's reaction to his suggestion totally had totally thrown him off. He wondered if Fifi was angry because he pretended not to know what was Fifi talking about? Or was Fifi angry because he gave her a peck just now? He needed to know why. But, he did not know if he had the courage to do so.

The whole time at the market, Fifi tried not to go too near Xiah. Seeing him or being next to him made her heat beat so fast as though it was going to stop any moment. She tried to follow closely behind U-know and Theo, pretending to hear U-know's explanation. However, her eyes were focused on Xiah. She was afraid that if Xiah was to come any closer, she would not know what to do.

Out of the blue, Fifi felt something brushing her sleeve. She turned around, and saw a old uncle, wearing a floral printed shirt, holding on to her wallet. When the old uncle saw that Fifi noticed him, he turned around and ran off.

"STOP THERE!!!! SOMEONE STOLE MY WALLET!!!!!!"

Fifi's screaming alerted everyone. Instantly, Xiah ran after the thief. The rest of the rest follow suit, tailing behind Xiah.

"STOP THERE!!!! HOW DARE YOU STEAL FIFI'S WALLET!!!!! YOU BETTER RUN OR ELSE WHEN I GET YOU, YOU'RE GONNA GET IT FROM ME!!!!!!!"

Xiah, being an avid soccer lover and player himself, could ran really fast. Xiah ran with all his might, hoping that he could help Fifi nab the thief. Without much effort, Xiah managed to catch up with the thief. He grabbed hold of the thief by his shirt. At this point, the rest of the guys arrived too.

"How dare you steal from Fifi? I've told you run as fast as you can, didn't I? Now, you're really going to get it from me,"Xiah scolded the thief.

The thief was trembling in fear. The guys did not see this side of Xiah before. Xiah had always been the sweet, cute, and Mr. Nice guy.

"Sorry..... Sorry....... Don't.... don't.... hit... me... please...... I've... got .... no.... other.... choice......"

"I'm not going to hit. All you got to do is to return me back the wallet now".

Finally, Fifi and Theo managed to catch up with the rest of the guys. Both were so tired from catching up with the guys. Moreover, it was late at night, and they were tired.

"Where's.... Where's.... the.... the.... thief.....???" Theo panted.

"Did....Did.... you.... get... back.... my...my.... wallet??" Fifi panted too

The girls only managed to squeeze these few words out from their mouth. The run made them so tired. They did not even have enough energy to find out what was happening.

"Don't worry! I've got everything under control. I've gotten your wallet back too".

The thief handed the wallet over to Xiah.

"You're..... You're.... not going to.... hit... hit... me... right?" pleaded the thief.

After catching her breath, Fifi walked up to Xiah.

"Thank you. If it's not for you, I don't know what would I do," said Fifi.

Fifi gave Xiah a big and warm smile.

"Here you go. You better check everything in you wallet is intact before I could let this thief off".

Xiah handed the wallet to Fifi. Fifi took the wallet over, and started checking if there was any missing item or money.

"Everything that is supposed to be in my wallet is in here. Thank you, Xiah. I really appreciate it".

"Hey, it's not only Xiah-hyung that chase after the thief. We also did chip in a little," complained Max.

"I know. Thanks everyone for helping me catch the thief. I really appreciate all you effort".

"Fifi, do you want to call the police or let this guy off?" asked Micky.

"I don't think there's a need to. I've gotten back my wallet".

"You better not do that again. Since Fifi's not going to pursue the matter anymore, we'll let you off this time".

Xiah warned the thief before letting the thief off. Immediately, the thief scrambled off.

Xiah was really happy that Fifi actually smiled at him just now when he helped her to nab the thief. The smile meant a lot to Xiah. From Fifi's smile, Xiah knew that she is not angry with him at all. Maybe, Fifi did not want to trouble them, so she rejected his offer.

"Since all of you are a great help to me today, why don't I treat all of you to some drinks? And after that, we can continue to shop. I've not finish my shopping trip yet".

"Fifi, it's quite late now. I don't want to shop anymore. I want to rest".

"But, it's still early. The shops are still opened. And, I still haven't go to all the stores".

"Fifi.... It's really late. Let's head back to rest. Since, the guys did offer to put us up at their apartment tonight, we should go back now. I really want to sleep".

"Sleep? But the shopping trip has not ended yet. I'm still not done with shopping yet".

The rest of the guys just stood there, looking at the girls as they argued if they should continue shopping or head back to rest. Neither of them dare to interrupt the girls. But, someone would have to be the one to stop them from arguing. U-know was pushed forward to stop the girls from arguing as he was the eldest.

"Girls. Why don't we...... go..... back ......first? The market would not run away. We can come back any time."

U-know phrase his words carefully, afraid that the girls would scream at him. He seemed as though he was moving through a land mine, any wrong move would result in dire consequences.

"SHUT UP!!!!" the girls said in unison.

Upon realising that they said the exact same thing together, the girls started laughing.

"I'm relief that you girls stop arguing already. Why don't we head back to our apartment, since it's already so late? "

"But, where are we going to sleep? In your room?"

"Why don't we have a movie marathon tonight? So, nobody gets to sleep. We will all be at the living room."

"That's a good idea".

"I'll provide the drinks, popcorn, and tidbits for the night as my way of thanking you guys".

"That's sounds fun. I've not had such a thing for a long time. Yeah!!!!".

Xiah jumped up and down like a little boy upon hearing Micky's idea.

"Then I'll head down with to the video rental store now. What movies do you guys want to watch?"

"Anything would be fine. I'll go with you to the store."

"Alright. Hmmmm... I'll go with Theo to the store to rent some movies and the rest of you will get the food stuff. Then, we'll meet back at the apartment for the movie marathon".

After giving instructions, U-know and Theo started to leave.

"Hyung!!! Wait!!!! I want horror movies".

"Okay!"

2 comments:

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

aish~

glad fifi n theo are having fun with the rest of the guys...

but pls dun bully max so much...

poor thing...

horror movies leh...

this will be exciting...

will fifi be able to watch n not cling on to xiah???

tedheads said...

there's a reason for horror movies.....
xiah can watch horror movies alone....
but... not micky..... hahahahahah...
n i dun think fifi or theo will be watching... hahahahah....
i didn't bully max lor....