Sunday, June 10, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Sightseeing Day Part 2

*ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ*

I grabbed my phone from my pocket when I felt it vibrating inside. I took a glimpse at the phone, there was a new message. I clicked away the message.

"I think we've covered everything already. So let's just break for the day and carry on with our work tomorrow then. So that's about it for the day. Let's go everyone!" the korean producer said.

"Okay. See you. Annyeongi kaseyo, everyone."

We walked out of the office, and my team wanted to go their separate ways for the day to do some touristy stuff before going back to the apartments. So we left separately. Once they were gone, I opened the message to read it.

What time are you joining us? I'm dying from boredom here... U-Know's planned a FULL day of amusement park and palace touring for the girls... And I'm so bored... The places are all too crowded to my liking... U-Know's dragging Theo around everywhere, and Xiah and Fifi are MIA... I'd rather be somewhere else... With you... Miss you... Joongie

I let out a sign of relief when I saw the message. Lucky for me I am not with them, or I definitely won't enjoy the sightseeing at all, since I don't like the itinerary at all. Even if Jaejoong was there I'd be bored. First of all, I can't take any of the rides at the amusement park. Secondly, I am not a big fan of old relics such as ancient palaces...

I clicked on the number to call Jaejoong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*PWACK*

The sound from the impact of U-Know's swinging fist coming into contact with Jaejoong's palm was very shocking. Jaejoong had managed to block U-Know's swinging fist with his palm just before it hit the guy. Everyone was too shocked for words.

"Hyung!!!" U-Know shouted.

"Stop it. That's enough. There's no point getting physical when you can reason with him."

Max and Micky held U-Know back just in case he tried to take a swing at the guy again, while Jaejoong spoke to the guy.

"Sir, if you think that what you did is right, and you feel that your conscience can let you leave this place without apologising. You just go ahead. If not, please apologise to our friend for your actions."

At this point in time, a crowd had gathered around them, and those that were near the guy earlier, had seen what he had did earlier, and they were chanting that he should apologise to Theo. Embarrassed, the guy apologised and hurriedly pushed himself out from the crowd. When he apologised, the crowd cheered, and dispersed.

Jaejoong walked back over to the gang.

"You gotta remember that you are in the public. Anything you do might be caught on camera. You gotta be more careful next time..."

"Yeh... Sorry guys... I guess I need to control my temper better..."

"Yeh hyung, I can't imagine what would have happened if you really hit the guy..."

"If he takes the matter to the police, our manager will get to know of this. And he'll know that we're out with the girls... And... He'll know about the girls and Kiki... And..."

"It might complicate things for Kiki-nuna in this project..."

"Sorry hyung... I wasn't thinking..."

Jaejoong patted U-Know on his shoulder.

*It's time for love... Somebody to love...*

"Gwenchanayo... Just be more careful next time... Mianeyo gotta answer a call... My phone's ringing..." Jaejoong stepped aside to answer his phone.

"Mianeyo U-Know... I nearly caused you to get into big trouble..." Theo apologised to U-Know.

"Oh it's not your fault. I just can't stand inconsiderate people like that guy who remain so nonchalant and innocent when they are confronted."

Theo looked apologetically at U-Know. She was glad that he actually stood up for her. But she also felt bad for almost getting him in trouble. But she couldn't think of anything or anyway to make it up to him.

"Come on... We still have a lot of things to see here!!!" U-Know grabbed Theo's hand and dragged her along towards the palace.

Theo looked at him as he grabbed her. He looked back at her and gave a smile, and waved frantically for the rest to catch up, but they were too shocked at his sudden change of mood to move.

"Hyung, U-Know-hyung's running off again... Are you done with your call?"

"Hang on Kiki..." Jaejoong turned to Max, "You guys go ahead first, I'll catch up with you later..."

"Where's Xiah and Fifi? Haven't seen them since the palace chambers section..."

"Yeah... Me too... I thought they were behind us just now... Weird..."

"We'd better hurry to catch up with U-Know-hyung before he disappears in the crowd too..."

Max and Micky ran towards U-Know and Theo to catch up with them, leaving Jaejoong behind to answer his call.

"What's all that racket about? Did something happen?"

"It's nothing... Don't worry... I've got it under control..."

"Okay... If you say so..."

"By the way, when are you meeting us? I'm so bored..."

"Hee hee... I'm actually done for the day now... But where are you guys now?"

"We're still touring the palace now..."

"Oh.... still at the palace huh..."

"You DON'T wanna join us here?"

"Ermmm.... Not really... Can I join you guys later just for dinner then? I'll head back to the apartment for a rest first... You guys enjoy the sightseeing..."

"HUH??!!! I'm bored out of my mind here... You tell me you're heading back to rest, and you ask me to enjoy the sightseeing..."

"What do you want me to say? I'll be bored there too if I go... And it'll spoil everyone's mood... I don't wanna spoil the girls' mood... So I'll pass for the sightseeing..."

"You can come and keep ME company... Then at least I won't be so bored..."

"Mianeyo Joongie... Even with you around I think I'll still be bored..."

"REALLY?!!! You mean I am not enough to entertain you?"

"That's not what I meant... I..."

"Can you PLEASE come NOW??? PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE..."

"Okay okay... I'll join you guys now... I'll give you a call when I reach the place..."

"YES!!!! See ya soon!!! Annyeongi kyeseyo..."

Jaejoong smiled. Totally pleased with himself for succeeding in persuading me to join him in this boring palace tour that's overcrowded with people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"*sign* Why am I always giving in to him so easily... I feel so exhausted from work, but I'm still going for this boring tour to keep him company... *sign* Sometimes I wonder who is the girlfriend here... How come he's always the one getting his way when he pleas with me... When I'm the girl, and I'm the one who's supposed to getting whatever I want instead..."
I thought to myself as I kept my handphone and reached out my hand to wave for a taxi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile...

Xiah and Fifi were sitting a metre apart in awkward silence for about 15 minutes.

"Are you thirsty? Do you want a drink?" Xiah asked suddenly.

"Erm... Okay..." Fifi replied embarrassingly.

"I'll go get one for you now..." Xiah replied and dashed off into the stadium.

After Xiah left, Fifi gave a sign of relief. She was so embarrassed by what she had did. And since Xiah had always been her fave in the group. She always felt her heart beat faster whenever she was around him. And spending time alone with him like this was very much like a dream come true for her. But was there something more to this relationship than just mere friendship? And did she like him for him, or just the public image he portrays as Xiah Junsu from TVXQ? She didn't know.

"Yeogi..." Xiah's hand pushed a pack of DietWeider in front of Fifi's face.

"Wow... Isn't this the drink you guys loved to drink in Japan? Is it sold here too?"

"Yeah... We all love this drink. It replenishes our energy immediately... Yeah it's sold here too... So we get it too when we're back in Korea..." Xiah replied as he sucked away at his pack of Dietwider.

Fifi looked at Xiah as he sucked happily away at his pack of DietWeider. She opened the cap and took a smell from the mouth. It smelled okay. So she took a drink from the pack. Nothing came out. She tilted the pack and tried again. Nothing.

Xiah looked over at her, amused at her antics.

"You never had DietWeider before?"

Fifi shoke her head.

"You have to drink it like this..." Xiah demonstrated to Fifi, as he sucked hard his pack.

Fifi looked at him, and tried sucking from the mouth of the pack too. This time the drink came out into her mouth, and bits of jelly-like particles can be felt in her mouth. She gave a weird face when she finally tasted the drink.

"You don't like it?"

"Anio... It's just that it's nothing like how I thought it would taste like..." Fifi took another suck at the pack.

"It tastes so different from H2O, or Gatorade, or any other isotonic sports drinks..."

"Yeah... That's why we like it..."

"I see..." Fifi carried on sucking at the pack.

"HEY!!! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE!!!"

Xiah and Fifi spun around and saw a security guard looking down at them from the top of the audience stand.

"Oh no... Let's run for it!!!" Xiah grabbed Fifi's hand and dragged her along as he dashed towards the exit.

After running for awhile, Xiah pulled Fifi into a corner wall away from the main corridor, hoping to hide away from the guard. He pushed Fifi inside against the wall, while he leaned out to peep at the situation. When he didn't see the guard, he leaned back in to take a look at Fifi. Then he realised that they were inches apart. They looked at each other embarrassingly and Xiah took a few steps back away from Fifi to give her some space.

"HEY!!! STOP THERE!!!"

Once Xiah heard the guard's voice again, his instinct made him grab Fifi's hand again and ran again.

2 comments:

tedheads said...

jae n kiki are always so mushy... goosebumps.... hahahah...

u know one is something similar to his prank.... so did theo fall for his hero saving the damsel in distress action.....>????

junsu and fifi so bookshii.... i hope fifi is not a country gal...

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

it's not mushy wat...

it's wat ppl in love do...

ha ha ha...

never saw u-know's prank... only saw xiah's... so it's juz a very spot-on coincidence that wat i wrote is the same as wat he did...

i think theo IS falling for his hero saving the damsel in distress thingey...

no bokshi pun intended... juz so happened when i was writing...

n i managed to include in DietWeider... the drink TVXQ loves when they r in Japan...