Monday, June 11, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Sightseeing Day Part 3 - Jaejoong's Tantrum

"U-Know, sorry about just now... But I really appreciate you guys doing all these to bring us around... I had a great time so far..."

"Really?!!! I was afraid that you girls might be bored of the itinerary since you've been touring for so long already, you would have seen similar things like these many times already...."

"Well that's true..."

"So you're bored???"

"Well the places are pretty much the same, but the company is different... So the feeling is different..." Theo looked at U-Know and smiled.

Upon hearing Theo's comments, U-Know felt relieved. He had cracked his brain the entire night to think of where to bring the girls for the day. He even bugged the rest of the guys to help him brainstorm. Poor Max and Micky were the only ones that were left after a while.

Since Jaejoong conveniently excused himself from the brainstorming, with the excuse that Kiki wasn't coming along, so he's rather spend more time resting so that he'll be fresh when he goes for the script-reading. Moreover, the places that they were brainstorming didn't interest him at all. So he was the first one to make his escape.

As for Xiah, he had fallen asleep after awhile from the heavy dinner they had earlier on, which usually happens after he eats his fill... He goes to sleep...

"I'm so glad that you're enjoying yourself... I was so worried that you'll be bored..."

"YOU were so worried??"

"Erm... hee hee... I meant us... All of the guys..." U-Know scratched his head embarrassingly.

Theo smiled when she saw him scratch his head dorkily. He was so manly just now when he was standing up for her, demanding the guy for an apology. And the usual him is always so humourous and confident, as if he was game for anything. But now he showed a side that was so innocent and shy. Something that Theo had never seen in him before. And it was drawing her curiosity to want to get to know him better. To know the real Jung Yunho behind U-Know Yunho...

Theo grabbed U-Know's hand. U-Know looked at her in surprise. He was shocked by her move, as he wasn't used to being grabbed by his hand by a girl. Usually he would be the one to make the move first. Not the other way round.

"Come on, no time to daydream here. We still got so many chambers to check out!!!" Theo started running towards another building, dragging U-Know along with her. U-Know tightened his grip around Theo's hand as they ran towards the building.

"HYUNG!!! THEO!!! WAIT UP!!!" Max called out in vain to stop them from running away yet again.

Max and Micky stopped in their tracks to take a breather.

"Max I think we should just take a rest somewhere. And let hyung take Theo around himself. It's obvious that he's trying to shake us off at the rate he's going to spend some alone time with Theo..." Micky panted.

"You think so too hyung? I thought I was reading too much into it..." Max replied.

"Please... Once or twice might be a coincidence, but so many times in a day... I mean... I've already lost count of the number of times he's held her hand... Dragging her here and there... Without us..."

"Yeah... I think we'll take a rest over here first and get some drinks... I'm dying of thirst from all the running..."

"Good idea, let's..."

Micky and Max plunked themselves at a nearby cafe and order drinks to quench their thirst.

"By the way, where's Xiah-hyung and Fifi?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Phew!!! That was close...." Xiah said as he managed to reach the exit of the stadium together with Fifi without being caught by the security guard.

"Gosh... I never ran so much in my entire life apart from my 2.4km for my fitness test... This is so exhausting..." Fifi complained.

They looked at each other as they panted and wiped their sweating foreheads. Suddenly, they felt a pang of laughter going through them, and they started laughing at themselves for doing something so silly and almost getting caught for it.

After laughing for sometime, they realised that they were still holding onto each other's hand. Fifi tried to pull her hand away. But this time, Xiah pretended not to notice, and just kept on holding onto it, and started pulling her along as he walked towards the taxi stand. Fifi tagged along behind him, not knowing what to do.

"I think we'd better get back to the palace tour. Or the rest will start wondering where we are..."

"Okay..."

A taxi came along, and Xiah opened the door for Fifi. She stepped into the taxi and Xiah got on after her. And he kept holding her hand even in the taxi. They remained silent throughout the ride. Fifi took a few glances at Xiah, but he was looking out of the window.

When they reached the palace, Xiah paid the taxi driver, and opened the door to get off the taxi. As he was still holding onto her hand, she had to exit from the same door as him. But just as she stepped out of the taxi, Xiah whispered to her, "Thanks for being my audience today... I hope we can do this more often... I really enjoyed myself today...". And he planted a soft peck on her cheek.

Fifi looked down shyly and Xiah gave a sweet smile. And they walked into the palace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wow... I see the guys are making their moves on the girls already..." I mumbled. I was just getting out from the taxi, when I saw Fifi and Xiah getting out of theirs, and Xiah kissing Fifi.

"What are you mumbling about? Eodiseoyo (where are you)?" Jaejoong complained from the other side of the line.

"Mianeyo Joongie, I'm just outside the palace grounds. I just got off the taxi. Where do you want me to meet you?"

"I'm already at the front entrance, but I don't see you... Xiah!!! Fifi!!! What are you guys doing here??!!! I thought you were inside???"

I heard Jaejoong saying from the other side of the line. I supposed he also saw them as they were re-entering the palace.

"Hyung!!! We were just grabbing something to eat from outside, cos it was too crowded inside..." Xiah replied guiltily.

Jaejoong looked at them suspiciously. Then he realised that they were holding hands. His face turned into a cheeky expression.

"Oh I see... You've already made your move huh... Hee hee..." Jaejoong commented, while his eyes darted towards their hands.

"HYUNG!!!" Xiah complained.

Fifi's face turned a hue of scarlet when Jaejoong made the comment.

"Hey... Joongie... I know you're bored... But stop teasing them already..."

"YOU'RE HERE!!! FINALLY!!!" Jaejoong's face turned from cheeky to extreme joy when he heard my voice.

I walked towards them and Fifi and Xiah gave me a thankful look for saving them from anymore teasing from Jaejoong.

"You guys go ahead in first... We'll catch up..."

Fifi and Xiah rushed in immediately, leaving Jaejoong and me behind. Jaejoong moved nearer to me and tried to grab my hand. I stepped aside and avoided his hand. He tried again, and again I swerved away to avoid his hand.

"Why aren't you letting me hold your hand?"

"Don't you remember our terms? No intimate gestures in public remember? And that includes holding hands..."

He pouted and made a angry face, "But Xiah and Fifi are also holding hands... And U-Know has been holding Theo by her hand the entire day, dragging her around here and there..."

"I don't know about them, but we have our terms... So it's better to keep to them... It's for everyone's sake..."

"But... Breaking one rule once isn't so bad isn't it? And the situation's different now..."

"Why is it different?"

"Cos everyone's holding hands in public!!!"

"I guess it's different for us cos Theo and Fifi are not working in the project, whereas I am a recognisable face in the project..."

He made a dejected face. I wanted to be able to do the same as them too, but it's just not advisable now.

"Joongie..."

"I'm tired... I wanna leave now..." And he started walking out of the front entrance towards the taxi stand.

I rushed towards him, I wanted to reach to pull him back, but I couldn't. So I could only follow behind him to the taxi stand. He got into a taxi and even before I could step in, he slammed the door shut. I watched as the taxi went off. I felt bad for what I had said earlier, even though it was the truth. I didn't know what was worse, rejecting him and making him angry with me, or going along with him, and risk getting exposed and taken off the project.

I walked back into the palace, and managed to find Max and Micky in the cafe resting.

"Nuna, why do you look so dejected? And where's Jaejoong-hyung? Thought he was meeting you at the entrance?"

"He's tired, he's gone back already..."

"But he was so excited telling us just now that you're joining us... How come he's suddenly leaving?"

"Guys, I'm so flexed... We saw Xiah and Fifi holding hands outside just now, and he was complaining that we should be able to hold hands in public too since Xiah and U-Know are doing it... But he doesn't understand that it's different for us..."

"MUEOSEUL (what)!!!??? Xiah and Fifi??? So that's why they were MIA... They sneaked off somewhere else... Together..."

"I really don't know what to do with Jaejoong... It's only going to get worse when the filming starts... They're planning to include in female characters to spice up the plot. And..."

"And????"

"Everyone has a love interest... He has a girl chasing after him in the show, and..."

"And....???"

"He falls for her eventually... And..."

"And....???"

"The producers plan to have intimate scenes..."

"Oh...."

"Are there any such scenes for the rest of us?"

"Hyung, this is not the time to be asking nuna this..."

"Oops... you're right... Mianeyo..."

"So... Do I get to kiss my love interest?"

"MAX!!!"

"Mian hamnida..."

"I think there are such scenes for everyone..."

"So you're afraid that you'll get jealous, cos you're at the shoot too? When they film the scenes?"

"Ne... I know it's just acting... But I don't know if I can mentally block the images enough to stop myself from thinking too much... Moreover, we're arguing more than spending time together everytime we meet... I'm afraid..."

"Don't worry nuna, you should know hyung loves you the most... no matter what happens..."

"kamsahamnida Max..."

"Ne... Just think of his love for you... And you'll be fine..."

"Maybe you should just let him do whatever he wants... At least it'll make everyone happy..."

"Yeah well... At first I also think so... But what if your manager finds out?? I don't wanna get him in trouble..."

"Nuna, I think you worry too much... Sometimes, such things... You just have to let things take their natural course..."

"Wow Max, you're speaking as if you have a lot of experience... I thought you never dated before?"

"Yeah well... I'm well-read..."

"So you read a lot of romance novels? Isn't that very girly?"

"HEY!!!"

Max glared at Micky angrily. They looked as though they were going to start a staring war.

"Kamsahamnida guys, I feel much better now already. I think I'd better go look for Jaejoong... You let the rest know... We'll meet for dinner later... If I can manage to appease him..."

"Okay... Give us a call yeah... Annyeongi kaseyo... Good luck..."

I waved bye to the guys and left the palace, and took a taxi back to the apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"ARGHHHH!!!! She's driving me crazy!!!" Jaejoong shouted as he stormed into the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

"EVERYONE'S holding hands in public and she still insists on sticking to our rules... Can't she just let me do what I want once? Why is she so different from other girls? So defiant... So strong-willed..."Jaejoong plunked himself on the sofa, flinging his jacket on the floor in frustration.

He sat at the sofa for a while, then he stormed into his music work room, and jammed away at the keyboard, playing faster and faster, harder and harder. Then he suddenly stopped and banged on the keyboard before storming out into the bathroom to take a cold shower to cool himself down.

*ding dong ding dong*

Jaejoong just stepped out of the shower, in a shower robe, and was drying his hair with a towel, when the doorbell rang. He walked over to the door and took a glimpse through the key-hole. It was Kiki. He opened the door.

When he opened the door, I saw that he was only in a shower robe and was still drying his hair with a towel.

"Erm... I see that you're busy at the moment... I'll come back later..." I turned to walk back to my apartment.

But he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his apartment, slamming the door, and cornered me at the door.

"Erm... I can come back later... You go ahead and finish up what you were doing first..." I tried to escape from the door, but he used his arm to block my escape.

"Now we're in private right? I can do anything I want..." He said and grabbed my hand roughly with his free hand, leaned in closer to try to kiss me.

I turned my face away, as I did not want him to force himself on me like this. Seeing my face turn away, made him more angry, and he tried again, but I dodged again. So he leaned back away from me in frustration, but his grip tightened even more around my hand.

"Joongie... Mianeyo, for what I said earlier... But you don't need to be so rough now..." I tried to free my hand from his overtightened grip.

"You were the one that said as long as it was in private, I can do anything I want..."

"Yeah... I know that you're angry... But you don't need to be so rough... Joongie... Let go of my hand... You're hurting me..."

He flung my hand away angrily and stormed back onto the sofa. I rubbed my wrist where his grip had left a red mark. I took a look at the apartment, and noticed his jacket was on the floor. I walked over and picked up the jacket. He looked at me as I picked up his jacket, and felt bad for being so rough towards me earlier.

I stood up to walk over to hang his jacket back in the cupboard, he suddenly hugged me from the back, putting his arms around my waist, as I was hanging the jacket.

"Mianeyo... I was so angry just now... I wasn't thinking..."

I turned around and looked at him. His hair was still dripping wet from the shower. I took the towel draped over his shoulders and tried to dry his hair. When my hands left his head, he noticed that his grip had left a mark on my wrist. He took my hand and rubbed my wrist gently.

"Does it hurt?"

"Anio... It's just a mark, it'll fade after awhile... Don't worry..."

He looked at me and smiled, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Can we skip the dinner with them later and spend some time alone? You owe me today's dinner anyway..."

"Oh yeah... Almost forgot about that... I'll give them a call them... Let them know we're not joining them... You can come over when you're ready..."

I stepped towards the door to leave. He pulled me back into his arms.

"I think why don't I do the cooking today? Since you're tired from work... And I wanna make up to you for my tantrum..."

"That's very sweet of you... I'll oblige then... Do you wanna cook at my apartment, or yours?"

"I think I'll cook over at yours... Since all the food is in your fridge..."

"Okay..." I started stepping towards the door again.

But he grabbed my arm again.

"Can you wait for me here for a while to get changed, I'll leave together with you..."

I walked towards the sofa, and he dashed into his room. Halfway, he dashed back out. I looked at him in surprise.

"What's wrong?"

"I forgot to do something..." He reached over and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Welcome home... yeobo..." He smiled and dashed into his room, leaving me shocked by what he just said.

"Welcome home??? Yeobo???? What is he thinking????"

5 comments:

tedheads said...

everything is happening so fast... theo and uknow... xiah and fifi... hmmm.....
jae and kiki always acting mushy and childish.... grow up... two of e oldest in the story....

tedheads said...

oh yeah... what do you mean by the new script that is coming up???? interesting new show that tvxq is going to be in???? what show will that be??? jae and micky fighting for e same gal??? e gal being a teacher???

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

THINGS HAVE TO HAPPEN FASTER SINCE THEY ARE NOT AROUND FOR A LONG LONG TIME...

THEY'RE JUST THERE FOR A VACATION...

JAEJOONG'S CHARACTER IS LIKE HE DUN LIKE TO NOT BE ABLE TO DO THINGS HIS WAY... SO THAT'S WHY HE MIGHT APPEAR SPOILT...

BUT I'M SURE KIKI DUN MIND SPOILING HIM ONCE IN A WHILE...

专属天使の悪戯なKiss said...

r u thinking of making the show "Dating on Earth", where Jaejoong falls for the high school teacher, who is married to Micky?

tedheads said...

that high school scenario can happen.... it's can be the same as in real life... and the rest will be the extras in the show again... hahahahahahhaha..... but no pun intended with micky and jae fighting for the same gal... hahahahahah....