Friday, June 15, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 32

Chapter 32: AHHHHH!!!!!!!

"What movie do you want to watch first?"

U-know was flipping through the DVDs that he had borrowed, slowly choosing the ones that he want to watch.

"I want to watch Harry Potter!!!!!"

"I want to watch horror movie!!!!!!!"

Upon hearing the word the 'horror', the girls started to feel a chill down their spine. The type of movies that the girls detest was horror. Those type of movies always give the girls this eerie feeling. Fifi was more afraid than Theo when it comes to horror movie. Ting could at least sit in front of the screen, with her eyes closed during the whole movie. For Fifi's case, she could not even stand seeing the cover of the horror movie. When placed in a room screening horror movie, Fifi not only need to keep her eyes closed, but also try to shut the noise out.

"Horror?????" the girls said in unison.

Besides the girls, Micky was also not a fan of horror movies. If he could choose, he would rather watch anything except horror.

"Ne!!! I like to watch horror movies. I can even watch it alone."

"I don't think I want to watch horror movies at such hour. It's like quite late now."

"Yeah. I agree with you. We can watch some romantic or even comedy movies. I don't mind".

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I agree too. If the girls don't want to watch, we should not watch it."

"But....But... If there's no horror then it will not be exciting at all. The best time to watch horror is at night."

"Ermm.... Ermmm...... Horror..... I don't want!!!!!!!! It's really very scary!!!!"

"Ne. I don't want to watch horror too.

"Since, the girls don't really want to watch it we can watch something else."

"Fifi, are you really that afraid to watch horror movies?"

"Ne. So, if you don't mind, can we not watch it".

"I will protect you. So, there's no need to be afraid at all".

"Ermm..... I'm really glad that you offer to protect me but..... but.... it's just that horror movies really give me creeps".

Xiah was a little sad when Fifi rejected his offer of wanting to protect her.

"Alright. If you don't want to, we can watch something else. How about thriller? That would not be too scary, but the suspense is still there. Is that fine with you, Fifi?".

"Ne. I'm alright with that. Kamsahamnida, Xiah".

This tiny gesture of saying 'thank you' by Fifi really warmed Xiah's heart. It seemed that being appreciated by Fifi really made his day up.

"You're welcomed. I'll do anything just to make you happy".

What does Xiah really meant by that. Doing anything to make Fifi happy? This is making Fifi really very confused. Does it mean that Xiah likes her? Fifi tried to brush off that thought. Maybe, Xiah was just being gentlemanly and that was it. Fifi tried not to read too much into Xiah's action. If she was wrong, it would be really embarrassing.

"Theo, are you okay with watching thriller? Will it be too scary for you?"

"I'm fine with it".

"Alright. So, we should watch 'House of Wax'. Any objections? Ting, are you fine with it?"

"Ne."

"Are you serious? I love to. Then, I can get to see my Chad Michael Murray. Awww... He's so cute and hot too!!!!!"

Fifi was getting all excited about having to watch a movie starring her favourite actor. However, there was someone who was not very excited about the movie.

"Hyung, is there other movies available besides this. I don't really want to watch this. It doesn't seem that interesting."

"Sorry, Xiah. That's the only thriller that I borrowed".

"Alright".

Xiah was quite reluctant to watch the movie. He was feeling a little jealous when Fifi was going all excited about that Chad Michael Murray guy. He thought in Fifi's heart, he was her only favourite.

"Hyung! I want to watch Harry Potter. Can we watch it next?"

"Okay. Okay. After this we will watch Harry Potter".

"Yeah!!!!!"

Max quickly suggested what movie to watch next, or else, he could not watch his favourite movie. He was happy that he could watch his favourite Harry Potter movie. It did not matter what series was he watching.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiah was sitting right at the corner of the sofa. Beside him was Fifi, followed by Micky, Max, Theo and then U-know. The lights in the living room was turned off to create the ambiance of thrill when watching the movie. The only light was from the LCD television screen and that was it. The only thing that can be seen was the person sitting right next to you.

Throughout the whole movie, Fifi eyes were glued at Chad Michael Murray. Never once did her eyes leave the screen when there was scenes of Chad Michael Murray.

"Fifi, do you want some popcorn?"

"Nah. It's alright. You can have it yourself," Fifi replied as her eyes were still glued to the screen.

"You sure you don't want? It's really delicious. It's butter popcorn, drizzled with honey".

"No thanks. The movie is really exciting. I really don't want to miss any part, especially when Chad comes out".

Fifi was still ignoring Xiah. Xiah could not believe that this guy in the TV was getting more attention from Fifi than him. He was a little pissed off. He wanted Fifi's attention to be on him and only him. He did not want to share Fifi's attention with someone else, not even a guy that was inside the TV. Xiah must think

The movie has reached its peak. The killer was chasing the group of friends around, trying to make them into wax figurine. Everyone in the movie was trying their best to survive. The killer was somewhere around one of the characters, but the character did not see it.

"There's the killer!!!! QUICK!!! RUN!!! RUN!!!!" Fifi screamed as the killer was approaching near.

"RUN!!!! FASTER!!!!" Theo was also getting very excited by the movie.

Everyone in the living room was very excited. They were trying to tell the character in the movie to run for her life.

When the killer suddenly appear, Fifi felt someone tap her shoulders from behind.

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Fifi gave a loud and high-pitched scream.

Fifi got a shock of her life. Instinctively, Fifi grabbed onto Xiah's arm. She did not know what was touching her. All she knew was that she needed to grab onto something for that sense of security.

Micky who sat beside Fifi was also shocked when he heard Fifi screamed.

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Micky immediately went to hug Max.

Theo who heard both Fifi and Micky's scream got a shock of her life that she jumped out of her seat.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING???? Why did Fifi and Micky screamed?"

Immediately, U-know hit the stop button, and went to switch on the lights.

"I heard Fifi's high-pitched scream and got a shock of my life and then I screamed".

Micky then realised that he was hugging Max.

"Hyung! Let go of me!!!!"

"Sorry".

Micky let go of Max.

"What happened, Fifi? Why did you scream?"

"I.....I....... felt... felt.... someone tap... tap.... my.... my... shoulders......."

Ning's voice was trembling. Her whole body was shivering as she clung on to Xiah for her dear life.

Xiah knew what was going on all the along. He felt quite guilty when he saw how Fifi was trembling because of his action.

"Fifi.... Erm...Erm.... Sor... Sor... Sorrrrry.... I.... I.... was.... the..... one .....who.... tap...... your shoulders a moment ago. I... I didn't know that you would have such reaction. I'm really sorry."

Fifi was really angry now.

"KIM JUNSU!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fifi stared at Xiah with that pair of eyes of hers that seemed as though it could kill anyone instantly.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!!!!!!!"

All of a sudden, everyone except Xiah started laughing. Fifi was still grabbing onto Xiah's arm. Everyone realised it but Fifi herself was oblivious.

"Why are you laughing? What's so funny?"

Fifi was clueless at why the rest of them was laughing.

Micky pointed at Xiah's arm. Then, Fifi realised that she was still grabbing on to Xiah's arm. She felt so embarrassed. Immediately, she released her grip around Xiah's arm.

Once again, the group started laughing at Fifi's reaction.

"Hey, don't laugh at Fifi anymore. This is all my fault. I saw that Fifi was so engrossed in the movie and wanted to test if she was really oblivious to the surrounding. Why don't we continue with our movie?"

Xiah tried to help Fifi to get out of this embarrassing situation.

"Alright. Alright. We'll continue with our movie marathon".

After watching almost 4 movies, everyone was getting sleepy. After a while, everyone started to doze off and head off to dreamland. Nobody went into the room to sleep. Everyone slept on the sofa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning........

"Fifi!!! Wake up!!!! It's time for breakfast!!!!!"

Xiah tap Fifi gently to wake her up.

"I'm tired. Let me sleep for a little while more. Everyone is still not awake yet. Why don't you call them first?" said Fifi with her eyes closed.

Fifi head was lying on Xiah's lap, while Theo's head was on U-know's lap. The 2 guys were unable to go any where.

"Theo!! Wake up!!!!"

"I don't want. Let me sleep a little longer. I'm still sleepy. Call the rest first before me," Theo grumbled.

"Fifi!!! Theo!!! Everyone is awake except the both of you."

"Then, you call Theo first. I want to sleep!!!!!"

"NO!!! Call Fifi."

"The two of you have to get up now. We're going to Kiki's house for breakfast, cos there would not be any here".

"I don't want to".

"Why don't you guys go ahead first. I'll join you later".

"Yeah. Fifi and I will join you guys later".

The guys really did not know what to do with the girls. Whatever they said, the girls just refused to get up. There was only one last resort left.

Xiah pushed Fifi to a sitting position.

"What are you doing? I want to sleep. You can go ahead first".

Fifi tried to lie back, back Xiah make sure that she could not do so. Xiah grabbed Fifi's hand and pulled her to get up.

"Fifi, let's go and have breakfast".

"Okay. Okay. I'll go, but you have to call Theo too".

Fifi had no choice but to stand up and be dragged along by Xiah. Her eyes were still half opened.

U-know did the same to Theo as what Xiah did to Fifi.

"Okay. Okay. I'll wake up".

The girls went over to Kiki's apartment reluctantly in a daze, with their eye's half opened. On top of that, they were literally dragged by Xiah and U-know.

No comments: