Sunday, June 17, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Misunderstood...

* You're my Honeybunch, Sugarplum
Pumpy-umpy-umpkin, You're my Sweetie Pie
You're my Cuppycake, Gumdrop
Snoogums-Boogums, You're
the Apple of my Eye

And I love you so and I want you to know
That I'll always be right here
And I love to sing sweet songs to you
Because you are so dear!*

I struggled to dig out my handphone from my bag when I heard it ring. Jaejoong glanced over at me in amusement when he heard the ringtone.

Jaejoong: Your ringtone is so cute... Is it a baby singing??? But how come it's not TVXQ's "Somebody to love" anymore??? Don't tell me TVXQ lost to a baby....

Kiki: It's a baby singing the Cuppycake song... I change my ringtone to this when I'm in the office... Cos I don't want anyone to know that I know you guys...

I looked at the caller display, it was my team leader. I did a "shhh" sign to Jaejoong with my finger over my lips.

Kiki: Hello...

Team Leader: Hello... Kiki... Where are you? How come you're not in the office yet? There are loads of stuff for you to do today... We have locations to recee remember?

Kiki: Sorry... I was attacked by a drunkard earlier when I was going to the office, and I injured my ankle... I'm on my way to see a doctor now, I'll meet you guys at the locations later...

Jaejoong glanced at Kiki and shook his head violently, to indicate that she can't go to work in this state. Kiki did a "shh" sign back to him.

Team Leader: Oh gosh... Are you okay? Let us know if you're able to join us today... If not, we'll gather the information and pass them to you at your apartment later... And you can work from home... Since an injured ankle will take some time to heal...

Kiki: Thanks sir... Do apologize to the rest on my behalf... I'm so sorry for messing the schedule up...

Team Leader: No worries... Take care and let us know... Bye...

Kiki: Bye...

Once Kiki ended the call, and put down her phone, Jaejoong's voice burst into life.

Jaejoong: Honey, you're not serious about going back to work in this state are you?!!! You're injured and should be resting in bed...

I looked at him in a dilemma.

Kiki: Sweetie... I know you're worried about me... But the filming's going to start next month, and we have to settle the locations before things can get a move on... I don't wish to mess up the schedule, just because of my personal reasons...

Jaejoong: But...

Kiki: It's okay... my leader said I can rest for the day if the doctor says so... And they'll pass me the work at my apartment later and I can work from home...

Jaejoong shook his head in disagreement. But he knew that there was nothing that he could do to dissuade me from carrying on working.

Jaejoong's thoughts: She's such a workaholic... Even in this state, all she can think about is her team members and her work... Can't she think for herself at all... Doesn't she know that I don't want to see her suffering...

Kiki: Joongie... It's my job... I have responsibilities... There are things I need to do to keep the work moving... So... I can't always think of just myself... I need to consider others' situations too... If filming can't start on time due to me, you guys will be affected too... I don't want that to happen...

Jaejoong stopped the car. He turned his body to face me. He reached his hand up, wanting to caress my face, but I looked away. He put down his hand and switched off the engine and got off the car. I looked up, surprised at what he was doing, and realised that we were already at the hospital. I was trying to release the safety belt when Jaejoong opened the door. I looked up at him, and he leaned in to help me release the safety belt. His face was expressionless when he brushed past me.

This time he didn't squat down to let me climb onto his back...

He scooped me up into his arms while I was sitting in the car!!!

I got a shock when he slipped his hands under my legs and around my back, but before I could react he was lifting me up, and I had to put my hands around his neck to stop myself from falling.

Kiki: Jaejoong!!!! What are you doing!!!

I whispered into his ears urgently, while looking down. Not wanting to attract any attention to us, to avoid getting recognised. He turned and looked at me.

Jaejoong: It's easier to carry you like this... And don't fidget, I might drop you...

And he slammed the car door shut, and started walking into the hospital, with me silently protesting, but unable to do anything, in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doctor: Your ankle is quite badly twisted. Fortunately there's no fracture... But you'll need to refrain from any form of strenuous exercise for a few weeks... I'll give you MC for a week... Just take things easy and rest at home yeah...

Kiki: Doctor... So I can't walk or work for a week???

Doctor: Yeah... something like that... you can still walk around short distances in the house, but nothing more than that...

Jaejoong: See, honey... I told you so...

Before I could say anything, the doctor turned to Jaejoong.

Doctor: You better take good care of your wife during this period, since she can't move around the house a lot... She needs to let her ankle heal properly... Otherwise she'll have problems later...

Kiki: Doctor... I'm not his...

Jaejoong: Ne...

Jaejoong interupted me before I could explain to the doctor and nurse that we weren't a married couple. I looked at the doctor and Jaejoong in disbelief. But the doctor just carried on bandaging my ankle and wrote me a MC. While Jaejoong listened attentively to him on how to take care of me during this period. I couldn't take in one word at all, as I was too bothered by the doctor's remark, and Jaejoong's response. When the doctor was finally done, Jaejoong thanked him, and the nurse pushed in a wheelchair and clutches for me.

Nurse: Sir, you can let your wife sit on this wheelchair to go to the counter to settle the bill. The clutches are for her if she needs to walk around during this period.

Jaejoong: Ne... Kamsahamnida... Nurse...

Jaejoong helped me get onto the wheelchair and passed the clutches to me. Then he stepped behind the wheelchair and pushed me to settle the bill, before pushing me the hospital lobby.

Jaejoong: Wait here for a while, honey, I'll drive the car over.

I watched as he ran over to his car and drove it over.

Kiki's thoughts: I can't believe this... He's openly calling me honey in the public... No wonder the doctor and nurse are thinking that we're a married couple... And he didn't even try to make things clear... ARGH!!!!

Jaejoong got off the car and ran over to the other side to open the door. I tried to get up from the wheelchair.

Jaejoong: Don't move!!! Stay there!!!

Jaejoong dashed over and slipped his hands around my back and under my legs.

Kiki: Jaejoong... Don't...

But he ignored me, and scooped me up into his arms again. Then he walked over to the passenger side and placed me into the seat, and leaned in to put the safety belt for me. Then he closed the door and dashed back to grab the clutches, and placed them into the back seat. Then he rushed over to the car and leaned in.

Jaejoong: Wait here for a while, I'll go return the wheelchair...

I nodded. As he dashed in, I took out my phone and sms-ed a message to inform my team leader that I had to go on MC for a week, and can't walk around much. Jaejoong emerged a couple of seconds later, rushing to his car and hopped in.

*beep beep*

I looked at the new message on my phone. It was from my team leader:

Have a good rest then and take care. We'll recee the locations and take photos. Will pass the information to you later and you can follow up from home. Get well soon...

Jaejoong: Who's that, honey?

Kiki: Oh... It's my team leader... I just sms-ed him to keep him updated on my situation. They'll go ahead with the location recee and take pics and get info for me so that I can follow up from there from home, when I'm on MC...


Jaejoong: I see... The doctor said that you are to rest in bed and not walk around as much as possible... So...

Kiki: I know... I will sit on my swivel chair on castors, so I can move around the house without walking... I can still take care of myself... It's only my ankle, not my hands that are injured...

Jaejoong kept quiet and started the car. He remained quiet throughout the journey. I was starting to feel a bit uneasy and began stealing glances at him during the journey.

Kiki's thoughts: Is he angry with me for insisting on carrying on working??? Me and my big mouth... I could have just pretended that I was resting and work when he's not around... I mean... He can't be at my apartment the entire day... He has to work too...

Jaejoong's thoughts: I don't know what to do about her... So stubborn... I bet she's going to start work as soon as I'm out of her apartment... Unless I'm in the apartment 24/7...

No comments: