Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Serendipity 奇缘 - Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Banned From Entering

Xiah and Fifi went around the palace to look for the rest of the guys, but they could not find them around. At this moment, Xiah was still holding on to Fifi's hand. Fifi tried to regain the freedom of her hand, but Xiah's grip got tighter.


"Xiah, I....I....think you can let go of my hand now. The security guard is far away by now."

Xiah continued walking, he pretended that he did not hear Fifi at all. He pulled Fifi as he went forward. Suddenly, Fifi stopped walking. Xiah wondered what happened. Was Fifi angry with him for holding her hands? Or she saw the rest of the guys?

Xiah turned around.


"What's wrong Fifi?"

"Erm......"

Fifi tired to draw Xiah's attention to their hands, but Xiah still did not get her hint. Fifi stared hard at their hands, hoping that once again, Xiah would not be so clueless.

"What's wrong Fifi? What are you staring at? I don't get"

Fifi really wondered if Xiah really did not get the hint or he was just clueless.

"Xiah.... You still don't get it?"

"I really don't understand. What's wrong?"

Fifi really did not know what to do. It seemed as though Xiah could not get the hint at all.

"Xiah, your... your... hand....."

"What's wrong with my hand? I don't see there's any problem there. It looks fine to me."



This was really driving Fifi crazy. Xiah just did not understand what she was saying. Does it mean that she had to spell everything out. All along, Xiah knew what was Fifi talking about. But, he wanted to hold her hands, and not let go. He had to act blur in order to continue to hold her hands.

U-know and Theo saw both Xiah and Fifi from afar.

"Hey, Xiah, Fifi!!! Where were you guys," screamed U-know.

U-know and Theo were running towards the direction of Xiah and Fifi. U-know was pulling Theo along as they ran.



When Fifi saw U-know and Theo making their way towards her, she immediately pushed Xiah's hand away from her. She would not want to endure another time of teasing. It was so embarrassing a moment ago when Jaejoong was teasing them. Meeting U-know was even worse. He could be one of the loud speaker in the group. In order to save herself from the dire consequence of teasing, Fifi had no choice but to do that.

Xiah was rather disappointed when Fifi pushed his hands away from his.

"We... We... Erm......"

Fifi had difficulty finding the right excuse to give for their disappearance. Seeing that Fifi had some trouble answering U-know question, he stepped in to help.

"Hyung, we went to eat. You know how hungry I can get at times, right."

"Oh. Where's the rest of the guys? Did you see them around?"

"Not too sure. We only saw Kiki and Jaejoong at the entrance, and that's about it".

"Hmmm.....The time now is about 6.30p.m. We have to gather everyone back now, then we could have our dinner. I've planned a traditional Korean dinner for you girls, since this is the first time here in Korea. Let me give Micky and Max a call. Xiah, could you give Jaejoong a call. I think Kiki would be with Jaejoong, so I don't think we need to call her. We will meet at the exit in 15 minutes time. So, if you girls want to use the bathroom, you could use it first and we'll meet later".

U-know gave out his instruction carefully, making sure that everyone knew it.

"Theo, do you want to use the toilet? I really need to use it".

"Okay".

"Guys, we'll meet you at the exit later. Bye."

Fifi needed to get away from Xiah. Being around Xiah never made Fifi so nervous before. Her heart started to beat faster ever since she hug Xiah by accident. Moreover, Jaejoong saw them holding hands. Would he tell the whole group about it? What was she going to do for the rest of the day? Xiah was going to be there. That thought of being around Xiah her even more nervous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiah and U-know situated themselves in the most visible spot near the exit in order for the rest to find them easily.

"Hyung, I can't get Jaejoong-hyung. It seemed that he has switched off his phone."

At this point, Micky and Max were making their way to the exit. They spotted Xiah and U-know, and went forward.

"Hyung!!!" Micky and Max screamed to get the attention of Xiah and U-know.

"You two are finally here. Now, we have to wait for the girls, and Kiki and Jaejoong-hyung. After that, we can head off for dinner".



"Really??? Yeah!!!! I'm starving. What are we going to have for dinner? Buffet??"

"Max!!!! All you could think of is food and only food, is it????"

"Oh yeah, I almost forget. Kiki went off to chase after Jaejoong-hyung. He was throwing his tantrum again. I don't think they would be joining us for dinner. I think Jaejoong-hyung won't allow her to come".

*Ring....Ring.....Ring.....*

"Wait... My phone's ringing. Let me pick it up".

Max walked away from the group and answered his phone. After a while, Max came back.

"That was Kiki-nuna on the phone just now. She said that she and Jaejoong-hyung wouldn't be joining us for dinner. She has to settle some things with Jaejoong-hyung".

"Okay. Hmm.... Now, we have to wait for the girls. What's taking Theo so long in the toilet? I thought I told them to meet us at the exit in 15 minutes time? I think I better go and find them. You guys stay here and wait for them, and if they appear, give me a call".

"Hyung, you don't need to find them. They are there, slowly walking towards us".

Micky pointed towards the direction where Theo and Fifi were. Both the girls were taking their own sweet time walking, oblivious that everyone was waiting for them.

"THEO, FIFI!!!! HURRY UP!!!!!!!! I'M STARVING!!!!! QUICK!!!!!" screamed Max.

"OKAY!!!! WE'RE COMING!!!!"

"Now, every one's here. We can set off for dinner. Let's go".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the restaurant......

"Okay. Hmmm.... Let me see. Can you give me 6 bowls of Bap (steamed rice). Ermm...... One big bowl of shellfish Guk (soup)...."

U-know was holding on to the menu and ordering food for everyone, making sure that there was enough food.

"Hyung, make it 7 bowls. I'm starving".

"No, Hyung. Make it 8 bowls. I'm hungry too. I need 2 bowls".

"Okay. Okay. Ermm... Where am I now?"

"8 bowls of Gap, one big bowl of shellfish guk".

The waiter helped U-know repeat his order to remind him what he has ordered.

"Okay. Jjigae (stew), Jjim (simmered meat) and Jorim (simmered fish)".

"Veggies. Hyung, you did not order the veggies".

"Oh yeah. Guys, I know what to order. Don't confuse me! One Namul (vegetables), Jeotgal (seafood fermented in salt), Jeon (pan-fried dishes), and Mandu (dumpling). I think that is it. Girls, do you still want to order more food?"

The question asked by U-know seemed to be directed only at Theo, but not Fifi, as he was facing Theo when he asked the question.

"I think that would be enough. You have ordered almost everything on the menu. If it's not enough, we can order again".

"Okay. Wait. I want another 6 glasses of poricha (barley tea)".

After waiting for 20 minutes, the food is still not here.

"Hyung!!!! When is the food coming? I'm really starving".

"Me too!!!!"

"I think it should be here soon. Why don't I ask the waiter".

All of a sudden,

*Ring.... Ring... Ring....*

Micky's phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Micky, can you bring the rest somewhere else for the night... I don't want Fifi and Theo to come back tonight... Cos I wanna spend some time alone with Kiki tonight..."

"Hyung!!! What are you thinking?!!!"

"I just want some quality time with her alone... I can't communicate with her with so many people around..."

"Okay... I'll see what I can do..."

"Kamsahamnida... Micky..."

"Hey guys. That was Jaejoong-hyung. He didn't want the girls to go back to Kiki's apartment tonight."

"What!!!! What is Jaejoong thinking?? What are we going to do for the whole night if we are barred from going back?"

"I was told to bring you girls somewhere".

"Sigh. Maybe, after dinner, they would be asleep, then we can sneak back into the apartment?"

"Maybe."

The waiter started bringing the food to the table. Placing dishes after dishes on the table. The whole table was filled with dishes.

"Hey, don't worry about it now. The food is here. When we finished everything, we can think about what to do next".

"Maybe".

Everyone started eating. Max and Xiah eat as though they had not been eating for a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**** Link to the food featured in this chapter : http://english.tour2korea.com/05food/Introduction/lifestyle_food.asp?konum=1&kosm=m5_1

No comments: